Manga/Comic Contest

Which was the best Manga/Comic of the Summer?

  • Living sprites by naruto+4s

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Neko Neko Alien?!(4-koma) by amtt

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Treasure Hunting by Revilenigma

    Votes: 11 78.6%
  • GUNS X HATS by naruto+4s

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Long Time No See by Amzy

    Votes: 2 14.3%

  • Total voters
    14
  • Poll closed .

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Welcome to the Summer Manga/Comic contest!

Congrats to our winners!​
​
1st Place - 11 votes - [user]Revilenigma[/user] - Treasure Hunting - http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/51729
2st Place - 2 votes - [user]Amzy[/user] - Long Time no See - http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/46565
3rd Place - 1 vote - [user]naruto+4s[/user] - Living Sprites - http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/52345

Thanks a lot guys! See you on the Fall Contest! :D




Choose your favourite now!

(and vote here in the thread!)​

If you're an aspiring mangaka, this is the contest for you!
All kinds of manga are allowed here - a doujinshi (fan-manga based on a series), your original manga, 4koma or strips, a small chapter of a bigger story or just an one shot - any story told using drawings is in! To clarify, it is a fan manga with a story line.

If the submission was done as a collaboration, please state the names of everyone who contributed on the description. Make sure everyone who's involved agrees into taking part of the contest!

This is not a fanfic /written stories contest. Submissions must have been drawn. Only 1 entry is accepted for this contest for now.


The contest doesn't have a specific theme! Feel free to do anything you like, it doesn't have to be summer related. :)

To apply, upload your story as a "Special" chapter under the "Mangahelpers Summer Manga/Comic Contest" title. Sounds complicated? Just click here and upload it!

You can also check out the submissions here.

Please have your files on a resonable size and resolution. Make it easy for everyone to read it - it's better for you too!

Contest Schedule
Submissions: July 15th to September 8th
Voting: September 9th to September 22th
Results: September 23th



There's plenty of time, so do your best! Don't miss the deadline!
 
Last edited:

sarydactl

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
*Typo on 22th

Wow, this looks fun~. I think I'll enter~. I don't know if I'll win, though...but I can try ><; ...

Does this allow multiple submissions?
Is anyone looking for a professional writer like myself? XD ;
 

ninjapet

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
258
Reaction score
12
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Neat

I may want to enter my fan manga.
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'm gonna enter.
 

Plisskin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
ooh! ive been searching around for a contest like this, i'll definitely enter.

ps, im new here and i was wondering if there was a formal intro page ^^;;;;;.
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
ps, im new here and i was wondering if there was a formal intro page ^^;;;;;.
I'm sure there is, but I've never used it, lol.
 

Rui-1412

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 11, 2006
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Wow, it looks interesting. Coincidentally, I'm making a manga right now so if I get to finish it in time maybe I'll submit it.
 

jide

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
303
Reaction score
160
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
This is really cool, it give me something to do during the holidays! :)
 

naruto+4s

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
sounds interesting
 

Eshvoide

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2009
Messages
120
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It sounds really tempting... but I might go crazy on the page count.
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
What do you mean - "go crazy on the page count"? I think 1 page is the limit since it's not a fanfic contest :)
 

Eshvoide

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2009
Messages
120
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I didn't read in the directions that it has to be one page.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Nope, there's no limit, go ahead =]


[nami] My bad :p [/nami]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Eshvoide

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2009
Messages
120
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It would've been nice to make it one page. I do get overboard sometimes.
 

sarydactl

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Just so I'm clear on this, when I upload the manga at the link you provided,

does it count as an english RAW, or what? XD ;
and do we have to upload each page individually to the photoplog as well, to ensure we enter the contest?

sorry i'm so nitpicky about these things >< ;
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
1. Go here: http://mangahelpers.com/m/mangahelpers-summer-manga-comic-contes
2. Click "Add Raw";
3. On "type", choose "Special";
4. Choose the quality and idiom - if it's english, then it's english ^^;
5. Click on "show more options" if you want to add a comment or another mirror;
6. Profit! :3


PS: We're not using the photoplog for this contest!
 
Last edited:

sabyr

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2006
Messages
253
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm sure this is the case, but just to be sure; we're allowed to format our comics so that they are read left-to-right rather than right-to-left, correct?
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
It's up to you :)
 

naruto+4s

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'm finding uploading hard... I uploaded a rar file and MU link and the manga in english but nothin' showed??? fixed. Oh, hmm... can I upload more than one manga/comic?
 
Last edited:

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Hmm, I think for this contest, one entry is allowed for pax. Maybe you like to keep the other one for the next contest instead? :)
 
Top