Info - Manga Wars 2017 - Award Ceremony | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Manga Wars 2017 - Award Ceremony

Should we hold this event again?

• Of course! The more salt the better!

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • No. Give us more Husbandos and Waifus!

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Ladies and gentleman,

again it's been roughly six weeks since we started the first edition of our very own Manga Wars.
There have been many wonderful fights with some surprises left and right and even more importantly, there has been a lot of salt.

Clearly, our beloved Manga deserve this stage and not me or the rest of the staff. Hence I will keep this short.

Nevertheless I wanna thank all of you who made this event possible.
Especially you who is just reading this post. You made this event enjoyable and fun and without you, we would never have turned this into the living salt hell of envy and hatred we all love so much.

Let's get started, shall we?

Hunter X Hunter
Yoshihiro Togashi

Congratulations!
:confetti
One Piece
Eiichiro Oda

Congratulations!
:confetti :confetti
Fullmetal Alchemist
Hiromu Arakawa

Congratulations!
:confetti :confetti :confetti

That's it for our very first Manga Wars. I hope that we will see you all again next year, to shower this forum with salt once more.
* bows *

Did you like the event? Please share your opinion about it!

PS: Look forward to the Husbando Wars 2017.
~Sky

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
One vote difference... You did well Orgz :clap. Congrats Magi.

They work the same way but I found this event more unbalanced than the WW/HW. Campaigns help but manga popularity outshines it most of the time. FMA's victory is a good example. It is not the same when it's about characters.

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
congrats to the winners ! :zomg

this was a great contest, huge thxs to @Sky and for all the staff for the organization, great thxs to all the competitors and congratulations for the campaigns that were a lot of enjoyable, i had a lot lot of fun.
Also Im glad tpn managed to make it to round 3, @Jammin was fearsome
but hope people will get interested to it and will enjoy reading it (@Demonspeed hope you read and like it)

Also great thxs to everyone's promotion especially for the manga i've never get the chance to read and that now im looking forward to reading them Asap #punpun ♥

Im sad hxh is only 3rd :pout but i love both fma and op too, so im fine ♥ But now i guess @Organizized will hate me forever because of my indecisive vote ?

Last edited:

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gratz to all 4 nominators that made it to the semifinals/final! :worship You all deserved it with amazing campaigns and showing a ton of passion for your series. :verily Also thanks to all the staff that were involved, it was a great event.

Last edited:

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
Oh my, that was a close battle! Orgz you seriously did a great job to get this close to FMA. I haven't seen someone done that yet, props man! You were awesome.

Anyway, I want to thank my supporters. I want to thank all my enemies in this competition. I want to thank all my backstabbers and I want to thank all the salty people! You guys were great and quite entertaining of course. That is my recognition for you all!

Okay enough with this. Now to the real talk.

Seriously, I must say that FMA really deserved to win this. Why? Simple. Because I took the effort to nominate it. Do you know how much time it took me to do that? No one even did it, like.. that already shows how lazy people were to not nominate it. Just disgusting. People should be grateful with my effort especially with all the campaigning posts I made for FMA. Like oh god please.... I'm never gonna do that again... that took me too much time and too much effort. Unfortunately, I can't say that about you guys who barely showed any effort towards me and being all mean because I at least did something for it unlike you guys.... thanks a lot for bullying me with that. It left me mentally some scars. Way to go guys..

On the other side.... this part of me must admit.... that actually you guys were really amazing and I admired your campaigning even if it was barely something..... but hey I still admired it! However, in the end only the superior being can win which is obviously me of course since I'm a pure after all, nothing new. But that is all okay! You all still did great for trying to even beat me and that’s what you should remember. It was a fun event! So remember this careful guys.... you guys should know that in the end.....

I'm the winner and you're all losers.

That was it. Cya LOSERS.

Just campaigning for most friendly member by the way as you can see.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Interesting how close these finals end up being. Iirc waifu wars had a very small difference of, what, 2 votes too. I like both finalists this time so I can be glad about the results either way, though it's unfortunate @Organizized didn't get the win. But in some way 2nd place isn't very new to you eh Orgz? :XD

Congrats to @Purity of Magi. Hard work and dedication paying off. :rolleyes:

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yay! Only one vote behind! FMA deserved this, it's a masterpiece too, I'm happy One Piece got a good place either.

Now that the war ended, with everyone wounded after such heated confront, time to call the doctors to help the injured people:

Dr. Tenma: I might have lost early in the competition, but I'm still a doctor, count with my help.

Dr. Shinra (the underground doctor): Nee, nee, I've heard this competition was filled with salt, if you were hurt and don't want people to know, come to me, I'll help ya.

Wendy:I'll do my best to heal everyone!

Nurse Joy: Everyone is a pokemon for me, I'll help too.

Captain Unohana: Everybody in line, I'll tend to the wounded.

Tsunade: All those wounded people cause everyone was throwing that damn salt!

Dr. Chopper: I'll help adding sugar to combat all the salt.

Dr. Baek: Sheesh... After such psychological warfare, some of you must have felt the mental pressure, if you think you can't handle it alone, drop by my office, I'm a psychologist.

ANd lastly, but not less important:

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Congrats @Purity of Magi!

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Congrats to Purity of Magi for the win. Everyone was calling for FMA, and you put yourself on the line. Rub it in the faces of these peasants who dare complain!

Thanks to staff who set the event up, especially Sky who puts in the work to make these fights. And ty Farfalla for making the banner.

I thought the campaigns were terrific, will be reading a few of these manga for sure. Gotta say Erinyes was particularly entertaining, and she lead the image ammunition used by over 200 (568 in total).

-Static picsGifsTotal
Erinyes
299​
269​
568​
Emperor Spriggan
224​
67​
291​
Shobu_Yoruichi
215​
2​
217​
Gryffindor
120​
22​
142​
syx
45​
81​
126​
Jammin
79​
41​
120​
Organizized
89​
9​
98​
Purity of Magi
51​
39​
90​
Brandish
67​
5​
72​
Valhalla777
62​
0​
62​
Lambu
40​
6​
46​
Lady Pompom
26​
20​
46​
Arjuna
32​
9​
41​
niichan
38​
1​
39​
Demonspeed
36​
0​
36​
kira
18​
12​
30​
WithYouInSpirit
28​
0​
28​
zimbardo
4​
23​
27​
Darky
10​
12​
22​
The President
21​
1​
22​
SirSamuel016
15​
4​
19​
Vici
6​
11​
17​
Aizen
14​
1​
15​
Atom
12​
3​
15​
Farfalla
10​
5​
15​
eefrit
10​
4​
14​
gnut
3​
10​
13​
Skylent
13​
0​
13​
Seraph
10​
2​
12​
TotalEcon
3​
9​
12​
XXEliteXXAceXX
11​
0​
11​
Sky
10​
0​
10​
Reebi
9​
1​
10​
Belserion
9​
0​
9​
~Charging Lightning~
6​
2​
8​
Dlanor_A.Knox
7​
0​
7​
YumaKuga
3​
2​
5​
MArGI
4​
0​
4​
razerxs
4​
0​
4​
Battou
1​
3​
4​
Hayatempest
3​
0​
3​
Zirconium
3​
0​
3​
senjuclan
1​
1​
2​
Potatoe-Titan
2​
0​
2​
desin24
1​
1​
2​
Blue Pegasus
0​
2​
2​
Grysun
0​
1​
1​
ForSeaGle
1​
0​
1​
Totinona
0​
1​
1​
Juliana
1​
0​
1​
xi0
0​
1​
1​
Barrier
1​
0​
1​
MonkeyD-Dragon
0​
1​
1​
Vandred
1​
0​
1​
Zasz
1​
0​
1​
Enima
1​
0​
1​
Kanijo
1​
0​
1​
Wowzers
1​
0​
1​
*possible fuck ups just like CA's :P

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
One Piece: 40
Fullmetal Alchemist: 41

Not gonna lie, that does sting a bit. :oh

But on the other hand, I did not think One Piece would actually get second place in the first place, as it were. So...

Thanks to all the people who helped campaign for One Piece. You know who you are. Was great to together show the sort of passion for the series that I haven’t shown for years (sorry I didn’t have time to do more). Also thanks to all the people who made great campaigns for all other series. I’ve already picked up some of them and will likely pick up/reread many more.
Thanks to the staffers for setting up this fun event.
And congrats to @Purity of Magi for coasting on the greatness of FMA. Wouldn’t expect anything else from you. :derp (But seriously, congrats, gg and all that.)

Hey, any mod online? I voted for Magi by mistake in the other event and would like to have it reseted, please. Is it possible? Ty guys.

@Organizized I regret my vote @.@
Hey, you voted for the Manga you liked most, so that’s fine. Especially when it’s FMA. Can hardly blame you for not valuing our friendship at all.

Interesting how close these finals end up being. Iirc waifu wars had a very small difference of, what, 2 votes too. I like both finalists this time so I can be glad about the results either way, though it's unfortunate @Organizized didn't get the win. But in some way 2nd place isn't very new to you eh Orgz? :XD
Not gonna lie, this stung a little as well. :XD

Now I’m gonna find a new set to wear and pretend this hasn’t affected me at all (whilst in reality it’s forever etched into my soul as one of life’s great defeats).

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Can we make @Purity of Magi badge the worst character from FMA please?

Congrats, I guess. I am still salty you won for basically doing nothing for the most part.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also Husbando Wars is going to be tough for me, since I can't decide between Ramen Master and my favorite trap. :feelsbadman

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I forgot to vote in the end...
Im sorry orgz, now I feel responsible for magi's win :emocat

Well, all jokes aside, it was a very entertaining event, thank you @Sky for making it possible! And of course thank you to all the nominators, they all did a great job promoting their series until the end.
:confetti
Congratulations @Purity of Magi for the win! Winning without trying, thats something not at the reach of everyone, even with FMA. :teehee
Congratulations @Organizized for the second place! You fought well and made with One Piece a good vs in the finals :thumbs
And finally congrats @kira for completing the podium with HxH. @Gryffindor was a very tough opponent with Gintama.

See you all in the next event! :nod