Hangout - Manga Wars 2017 - Hangout | Page 41 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Manga Wars 2017 - Hangout

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
HxH doesn't have to win anything, there are plenty of manga that deserve it more and actually has consistent support from the author.

I am surprised WSJ hasn't cancelled it yet :kappa

Shobu_Yoruichi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
HxH doesn't have to win anything, there are plenty of manga that deserve it more and actually has consistent support from the author.

This is a Luffy moment!!

When you read an 80% of an arc of One Piece, and then suddenly Luffy states the absolute truth and you goes speechless because no one other than him could do it... that's exactly what happened here.

Nice show, my lady:sky2

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

He and his wife basically have tenure. Oda will have it/already has it as well. Oda could finish One Piece and do a single chapter of his next manga once a year and he'd be allowed to do it.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I am predicting the final will be One Piece vs Naruto.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

As if, they will never cancel a series that sells that much. 1 hxh volume sells around 10 black clover volumes (supposedly one of the best Wsj hits) so...

well weren't you the one who supported nana ?

10 years hiatus just sayin ^^

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
@Erinyes Yes, but I don't have a beef with Nana. I do take issue with HxH however

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Battou -kun HxH > gintama ♥

Please, don't start that Erin. Because if I ever have to write that comparative review for those two it will most certainly include a deep dive into the, headscratchingly paced, 133 page narrative abomination that is the Chimera Ant arc. Which is just filled the brim with stuff that is better if you don't think about it.

There is just no way to avoid bringing the heat on that.

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
I do not like HxH actually (because Gon and Hisoka aren't there)... but to be under a gag manga??? Nah, Erin-chan isn't bad oriented there, it's impossible to compare plot with gag, everybody can understand plot, but not everybody can understand gags.

Plot > Gag, by default.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I do not like HxH actually (because Gon and Hisoka aren't there)... but to be under a gag manga??? Nah, Erin-chan isn't bad oriented there, it's impossible to compare plot with gag, everybody can understand plot, but not everybody can understand gags.

Plot > Gag, by default.
Why would you call Gintama a gag manga????:gwah

Why would you do that to me Shobu?! How could you do that to me?!:feelsbadman

It's a genre defying hybrid. It's serious arcs are better than almost every other shounen's. Seriously. Gintama can legitimately make you cry. The arc with Okita's sister is just incredibly soul crushing. And the Sho-san! I can't go too far in depth without going into spoiler territory but Gintama is pretty much constructed on a foundation of tragedy. Gintoki's past is freakin' dark.

Last edited:

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Plot > Gag, by default.
Shoubu-san how can you say that?:gwah I understand you might like HxH and Gintama has lots of comedy, but it has a deep plot too. Did you know that the main story about aliens invading Edo is a metaphor for the real history in which japan was invaded by foreigners? Not to tell even the comedy ceases at some point giving place to the main stories, character development. Besides, every character, no matter how minor they look like end up coming back and performing an important duty for the manga, I'm not kidding, the current arc (and many other arcs) can prove this.

It isn't a simple Gag manga

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
I did what i did, not for HxH or Gintama, but for Erin, you can't make a group of more than 4 ppl to fight a lady. :stare

Besides, Erin-chan is my comrade at the hard mission to provide spoilers at the One Piece section, she's a nakama of mine:datass

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I did what i did, not for HxH or Gintama, but for Erin, you can't make a group of more than 4 ppl to fight a lady. :stare

Besides, Erin-chan is my comrade at the hard mission to provide spoilers at the One Piece section, she's a nakama of mine:datass
Don't underestimate Erin. As somebody who very recently had to try and sell my nomination opposite her's I can tell you facing off against her feels something like this...

4 on 1. No problem. She'd disable 2 by bribing them with pear tarts. Take out the third with an adorable gif. And then leave the final one quivering in fear as a warning to others. She's like Moe John Wick.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

dw shobu^^

I ll fight them all !!!!!!!!

Jammin-kun