Hangout Manga Wars 2017 - Hangout

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
What's Monster ?:cookiestare
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I just nominated something, I don't even know if there's something else I need to do.. :sweat
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What's Monster ?:cookiestare
A good, if a bit overrated(sorry guys), mystery/drama manga about a doctor.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Which reminds me how much I'm looking forward to all the. "Overrated, properly rated, underrated" conversations we're going to have.

Like Berserk. How do you rate that? It's good but it's never going to finish. A chapter comes out like once every 160 days. It's going to remain forever incomplete.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Overrated - your opinion of something is lesser than the consensus.
Underrated - your opinion of something is above the consensus.

The degree of difference for both of those would need to be significant enough for you to make that call, obviously.

That's my take on the terms. And it often triggers people :pjsalt:teehee
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I saw the Anime so can't comment on the Manga.

But I will say Monster is one of the best,a top tier series a must watch for everyone but in the middle it becomes too slow so that my brother and few others gave up on seeing it.


Btw as far as I remember. @Sweetlybad is a great Monster fan.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Overrated - your opinion of something is lesser than the consensus.
Underrated - your opinion of something is above the consensus.

The degree of difference for both of those would need to be significant enough for you to make that call, obviously.

That's my take on the terms. And it often triggers people :pjsalt:teehee
I mean, it's all subjective. But I would argue it's more of an appraisal discussion than it is a straight opinion. Which makes it fun.

Some comparisons are easier than others. Like Berserk and Hunter X Hunter. Both are good series. Both well never finish. Ever. So you can compare those pretty easily and fairly.

Then there are really hard ones. Like Berserk and Naruto. Both were great up to a point. Then Berserk grinds to a halt. Where Naruto kept going.. down an "unfortunate" path; a common fate for long running shounen. Which of those is better? Doing nothing or pursuing bad ideas?

That's not rhetorical because I do not know the answer.:p
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,393
Gender
Male
Country
France
I mean, it's all subjective. But I would argue it's more of an appraisal discussion than it is a straight opinion. Which makes it fun.

Some comparisons are easier than others. Like Berserk and Hunter X Hunter. Both are good series. Both well never finish. Ever. So you can compare those pretty easily and fairly.

Then there are really hard ones. Like Berserk and Naruto. Both were great up to a point. Then Berserk grinds to a halt. Where Naruto kept going.. down an "unfortunate" path; a common fate for long running shounen. Which of those is better? Doing nothing or pursuing bad ideas?

That's not rhetorical because I do not know the answer.:p
The supporters will find the answers :nod.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,130
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Taken!!!
Say what you want, this manga has the HEART that others hasn't. :p
You did it ! this bleach nomination is glorious

Mh gods, reds, blues, yellows or rainbow staff, please make Tpn vs Bleach or Bc or ft ♥ (no way vs fma or op or hxh !


Onegai !!!!!


Sadly, someone nominated both Snk and gintama before me :feelsbadman . Doesnt mean We wont fight tho:3c
really dont want to fight you :pout but if needed Ill crush you
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tpn> Kenshin :derp


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Overrated - your opinion of something is lesser than the consensus.
Underrated - your opinion of something is above the consensus.

The degree of difference for both of those would need to be significant enough for you to make that call, obviously.

That's my take on the terms. And it often triggers people :pjsalt:teehee
Allow me to translate @Brandish ♥
"A good, if a bit overrated(sorry guys), mystery/drama manga about a doctor."

Basic arithmetics :
no bigeyed cute loli



+ no cute cat ears + tail


+ no boobs and pants


+ just an average human, with no power except being a great doc which is totally irrelevant in a fictional world ( + no tentacles)


= a bit overrated manga/anime

Translation brought for you by Erinyes Inc. (ability to translate any language into gif)
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
DON'T ANY OF YOU START! THIS IS A PUNISHMENT THAT I WILL PUT UP WITH, SO IF YOU COULD BE DECENT PEOPLE FOR ONCE AND NOT RUB SALT IN THE MASSIVE WOUNDS, THAT WOULD BE GREAT!
You love the way it hurts to the point you subscribed to it once more :awelonging to see with a new Mikasa avatar for one more week ^_^


On another topic, I guess this time I'll campaign better for my underground bs ç.ç I believe in my joseis!
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
You love the way it hurts to the point you subscribed to it once more :awelonging to see with a new Mikasa avatar for one more week ^_^


On another topic, I guess this time I'll campaign better for my underground bs ç.ç I believe in my joseis!
I'm surprised you wouldn't have a more original idea for a punishment if I lose. Maybe I thought too highly of you after all...
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I mean, it's all subjective. But I would argue it's more of an appraisal discussion than it is a straight opinion. Which makes it fun.

Some comparisons are easier than others. Like Berserk and Hunter X Hunter. Both are good series. Both well never finish. Ever. So you can compare those pretty easily and fairly.

Then there are really hard ones. Like Berserk and Naruto. Both were great up to a point. Then Berserk grinds to a halt. Where Naruto kept going.. down an "unfortunate" path; a common fate for long running shounen. Which of those is better? Doing nothing or pursuing bad ideas?

That's not rhetorical because I do not know the answer.:p
An appraisal discussion, then. xD

I agree it'll be fun to see how comparisons are made. Manga aren't made to be compared nor is there a science to it. It'll be interesting to see what people value more in what they read, or will there be lines in the sand drawn (e.g animals are a no-go).

I hold hiatuses against Berserk, HxH, Vagabond etc... while other manga which have a strong supply or are completed have that as an advantage. That is just one aspect. Like art, some manga have great art, others don't. How much that weighs in my appraisal/evaluation is up to the voter, imho.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,130
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Isn't Nana on hiatus since.... 2008 or 2009 (near 10 years ?) :blink People are constantly bashing togashi for hiatuses but everyone is fine with waiting so much for nana, vagabond is also on hiatus since 4 years i think. yare yare
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I'm surprised you wouldn't have a more original idea for a punishment if I lose. Maybe I thought too highly of you after all...
You're defo thinking too highly of my chances of creating sets for people considering I'll be the host '-' That's a new level of cheating even for a brazilian.
 
Top