Hangout - Manga Wars 2018 - Hangout | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Manga Wars 2018 - Hangout

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I am sure Black Butler is a flaming garbage fire :3
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Sky We have a bunch of best girls, including Amae Koromo!

--- Double Post Merged, ---
And oh god that hand is scary~ (Big Four Winds, All Honor, Haitei). Triple Yakuman with the last draw tsumo~ <3 <3 <3
What does flaming garbage fire even mean?

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So many great nominations! :zomg

But what do my eyes see? Another MH member who read Doubutsu no Kuni and really enjoyed it!? You're a true man of culture @Xadyu :gent (yes, you have my support)

And looks like I couldn't read Fumetsu no Anate e in time for the awards... Really wanted to read it ever since I saw it's by the same author as Koe no Katachi, but it always slipped my mind for some reason :( Very much looking forward to the campaign, hopefully it will give me the final push I need.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Oh I understand now

@TotalEconomist it is not,it it pretty great recently.It was always underated.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@revo

Heard you nominated Neverland last year, so I hope I go as far as you if I can :rolleyes:.
Yeah i nominated TPN last time (actually i was hesitating too, but someone else did nominate HxH :arf, but i lost against opm
bc @Jammin did an amazing campaign he was so ruthless :pout !

I have a ton of tpn art, TPN is one of my fave current series,
so couldnt resist (hope Random-kun wont make tpn my opponent that will be so painful ! :errr) so heres a little present as a contribution :zomg !

Im amazed that op is not nominated yet

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
So many great nominations! :zomg

But what do my eyes see? Another MH member who read Doubutsu no Kuni and really enjoyed it!? You're a true man of culture @Xadyu :gent (yes, you have my support)
You know I am.

I appreciate the support, but I'm going to admit that I don't plan on campaigning at all.
Hoping the nomination itself will somehow do it's work of spreading this manga to more people.

Reactions: Nii

Skylent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Wow it's been a year already.

Well good news Erinyes, I've read TPN in the meantime and am ready to support it! :derp

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
@revo

Yeah i nominated TPN last time (actually i was hesitating too, but someone else did nominate HxH :arf, but i lost against opm
bc @Jammin did an amazing campaign he was so ruthless :pout !

I have a ton of tpn art, TPN is one of my fave current series,
so couldnt resist (hope Random-kun wont make tpn my opponent that will be so painful ! :errr) so heres a little present as a contribution :zomg !

Im amazed that op is not nominated yet
So glad you're such a fan of this series, this manga is a favorite of mine as well :zomg
I also wanted to nominate a manga named Totsukuni No Shoujo, which is similar to Neverland but, I bet is very very unknown so I didn't bother too much.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Totsukuni No Shoujo, which is similar to Neverland but, I bet is very very unknown so I didn't bother too much.
Yea, the main thing holding back Totsukuni no Shoujo is being in the shadow of Mahoutsukai in that magazine. Plus, I haven't been able to find new chap scans for a while.

Going to draft(nominate) Brandish's favorite manga

Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
You win

I like how you mentioned there's not much campaigning material, it's true in every way

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
To tell the truth I miss Atom and others who nominated Kingdom, Vinland Saga and other great manga

Juliana

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Dont you guys think its kinda boring that every single year we have the same nominations: the "shonen hype" ones (FT, BnH, SnK etc.) and the classics (Berserk, HxH etc), and they always go to the finals and win? It is really difficult (but not impossible) for a non mainstream manga to win. I know this is obvious - the most famous will certainly have a higher probability of winning because more people tend to vote. But my point is: we always know can win. There is no surprise.

My fav thing about these wars are the salty people, to follow the campaigns (some ppl really work hard to convince you) and the possibility to discover a new great manga.

So I am waiting for the :pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Dont you guys think its kinda boring that every single year we have the same nominations: the "shonen hype" ones (FT, BnH, SnK etc.) and the classics (Berserk, HxH etc), and they always go to the finals and win? It is really difficult (but not impossible) for a non mainstream manga to win. I know this is obvious - the most famous will certainly have a higher probability of winning because more people tend to vote. But my point is: we always know can win. There is no surprise.

My fav thing about these wars are the salty people, to follow the campaigns (some ppl really work hard to convince you) and the possibility to discover a new great manga.

Says Berserk goes to finals

Got defeated by Naruto last year

Juliana

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
@Arjuna LOL
But Naruto is a "shonen hype".

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

I feel compelled to point out that you nominated Golden Kamui. Which is pretty mainstream.:amuse
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The understandable problem with niche manga is you can't get votes because nobody has read it. I would love to nominate Superior for this event one day but I would put the over under of people who have read that aside from me at "one person" and I would take the under.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Is ******'s allowed to be nominated here?

I mean @Zasz will love one :kappa

Last edited: