So, I'm kind of curious about this manga and wanted to hear opinions. I loved Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikkoku and liked Ranma. I didn't like Inuyasha as much as her earlier works and Rinne didn't interest me. From what I have seen, this manga looks more similar to Inuyasha/Rinne, or am I wrong?
Started to read this and the similarities to InuYasha are clearly visible. I am currently at Chapter 3 and I already spotted the following clear references / nods to Rumikos biggest story so far:
1) Nanako has a sealed power which was first used in the first chapter in an almost similar way
compared to
The police Bear Demon has a striking resemblance to Ryouyakan, a minor villain who annoyed Inuyashas group
The creating of the Kodoku works almost exactly as the Spell "Fuko" which was a milestone achievement for Inuyashas main antagonist, Naraku. It even names the result a "Kodoku"
The lord covered in Bandages happened similary with the Tsukumo no Gama in Inuyasha
compared to
Then there are also some other similarities like Mao having a scar similary to either Sesshoumarus Crimson Scar from InuYashas movie 4 or Narakus spider scar which always comes back from the original plot.
The Byouki being a cat demon similar to Sangos Kilala and others.
Gonna follow the similarities more closely when continuing the series.