MARCO VS BB | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

MARCO VS BB

Who would win?

• Marco

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • Blackbeard

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters

wildgunz89

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
who do you think enlight of what marco has shown. lol many are saying bb is to strong bleep that man magellan the warden ffs almost took him out without a cure he is beatable so marco vs bb. I have money on marco but i feel he will collapse and die from the wounds but bb dead in the end.

BlackHair

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I tend to vote for Marco. I rly did overestimate BB all this time. He proofed in ID that he still has to grow.

Anyway, a davy back thread without a poll? That's like Luffy without straw-hat. I demand a poll xD

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am enclined to believe BB would take this one. BB could easily get rid of marco's ability. Marco almost certainly is also a strong fighter without his fruit and given how he was able to kick kizaru he probably also has haki. Still, it has been heavily implied BB also has haki and to top it is he would have his ability during the entire duration of the fight while marco would be without an ability at times. Any long range attack marco can use can easily be absorb by BB gravity and even if marco flies far away BB can reduce the distance instantly basically with no effort whatsoever. IMHO BB would take this one, even if he does have very serious trouble.

Last edited:

RichardMNixon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm leaning towards BB, but I think it's too close to call at this point. BB vs. a logia will just end up a battle of strength, and we haven't really seen enough to compare. I think Joz might actually be a more formidable opponent for BB since he presumably relies less on his DF.

bittman

Reaction score
Country
Australia
In regards to abilities, the Darkness DF can trump the power of the Phoenix DF.

But in regards to strength, given how we saw Magellan trump Blackbeard and his entire crew whilst Marco sized up against Kizaru without damage I'd have to say Marco has an edge here.

But also, as I've said elsewhere Blackbeard may not really have shown his true power yet. And I'm not even sure how well Marco would do against someone like Magellan.

So I'm leaning towards Marco due to battle experience and general strength even though Blackbeard definitely has the better DF ability. Bah, now I don't know, I think it'd be one of those Luffy v Lucchi type battles where they're basically equal and it comes down to how far they're willing to go to win.

madmotoristmonk

Reaction score
Country
United States
seriously though, we can't really compare anyone to Magellan right now. Remember when Kizaru first came out and everyone was like "OMG, I dont see anybody beating him-LAZER HAX!!!!"

Even Luffy, Ivanakov, and Inazuma got beat by Magellan. Even with haki, i can see that poison still dripping on somebody and almost killing them. So to put it short, I vote Blackbeard!

I do admit though, he has room to grow. IDK really, but you can't take that instance where BB got hit with HYDRA and then sum him up with that. Remeber when a certain strawhat boy was nearly killed by the current "weakest shichibukai" (as so many ppl refer to crocodile now) not once but 3 times.

Fights in one piece are all about circumstance, if Krieg had blown up everything around him on that sinking ship and left no ground to fight on, we probably would've seen a much different fight.

Poneglyph420

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
This is a close call...
For sure both have ability past their DF abilities and could make for a good fight. But in the end BB does seem to have a small edge based on what we have seen.

But thats the problem we know almost nothing of Marco....

I have to go with the Darkness fruit and it's said abilities....

BB wins but in a bloody pulp of a mess....

DARK

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It moreover depends if Marco can defeat BlackBeard before the latter can use the Devil Fruit negation ability. BlackBeard doesn't have the same principle defense that other Logia users have. I'll lean more towards Marco. Despite knowing very little of him, Marco's Devil Fruit piques my interest.

Darkever

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Marco - From what we saw, Marco doesn't seem to avoid attacks like all other logia do (damn luckers, unfair advantage!). He takes them fully, and then his body recreates. However, we currently don't know if he feels any pain when being hit, or what limitations his ability has. Oh, and of course Marco can use haki!

Teach - BB's fruit is certaily awesome, but it's particulary useful against fruits that reduce or nullify damage (any logia, Luffy's gomugomu, Mr.1's supasupa, Jaws' diamond, etc). On the other hand, it wouldn't be so strong against a power like Flamingo's, Foxy's or Perona's. Sure, the gravity effect would still be very useful, but it would be nowhere as dominating.

So before even thinking about who of these two would win, we should know something more about Marco's fruit.
- If it acts like a logia and only nullifies attacks, then BB's power will be as effective as it was against Ace.
- But if it regenerates Marco when he gets hurt, it means that BB should hold him the whole time to neutralize his power! If Marco can stay away from BB a couple of seconds, he would completely regenerate! Not an easy task there for BB.

My vote goes on Marco, but we really know too little about him...

beastboy

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I am enclined to believe BB would take this one. BB could easily get rid of marco's ability. Marco almost certainly is also a strong fighter without his fruit and given how he was able to kick kizaru he probably also has haki. Still, it has been heavily implied BB also has haki and to top it is he would have his ability during the entire duration of the fight while marco would be without an ability at times. Any long range attack marco can use can easily be absorb by BB gravity and even if marco flies far away BB can reduce the distance instantly basically with no effort whatsoever. IMHO BB would take this one, even if he does have very serious trouble.
Isn't BB god modding in your theory!!
You forgot something... Kizaru's speed of light had trouble avoiding a kick of marco... So BB's speed of turtle would be finished in no time!!
And you have to see that marco isn't a logia... he could get hurt in the exact moment of the hit.. but as soon as he is out of contact with BB he would regenerate and stay as if nothing happened!

And the he said "how that hurtes" and BB says "only for a bit :D"

RichardMNixon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Speed is intrinsically plot related and still subject to reaction time. Kizaru didn't even try to avoid Marco's attack. Or can Rayleigh also move at the speed of light?

We don't know that Marco will regenerate damage he suffers while his DF is off, but it is an interesting possibility.

madmotoristmonk

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah i agree with above, Kizaru doesn't "move at the speed of light" unless he's using his kicks or that mirror move. When he fired the Magatama bead beam spam, Marco just predicted a full assult on WB and intercepted

Good idea on wether he feels pain or not though, does he have to be in Hybrid Mode, Beast Mode, to make it so he doesn't get hurt? Would haki even affect a pheonix? too many questions (sorry if haki hijacks this thread)

Foxdie

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Syria
For sure BB ...
He will not lose to anyone ..
except Luffy ..

I'm sure that BB has the Houshaku Haki (the same one that Luffy has), and because of that, he made the scar for Shanks , and Oda didn't show us the complete war between Ace and him.

He is the next King of Pirates ...

Last edited:

johnnyb7

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
marco is really powerful, to have the ability to HEAL from any injury is crazy. so blackbeard would have to hold on to him to negate that and knock him out, i'd give it to marco

modoki

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Marco is everything ace could not be. He holds a high advantage of defeating BB both DF wise and the use of arial related combat.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think marco can escape BBs gravity so I give it to him. BB was somehow able to injure shanks before he had his fruit so I would think anything that worked against him would also injure a captured marco.

Goos

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't think marco can escape BBs gravity so I give it to him. BB was somehow able to injure shanks before he had his fruit so I would think anything that worked against him would also injure a captured marco.
Hey there, just to mention, I don't reckon that Blackbeard didn't had the DF when he hurt Shanks, because when he ate the DF was the reason in which made he leave WB's crew. So, if BB was still in WB crew when Shanks got his wound, WB would probably know, wouldn't he? Just a theory, though.

Cheers,

DLord.Van.Buuren

Reaction score
Country
Japan
shanks had the scar before ace joined the WB pirates .
sachi died after ace became a WB pirate .
ace had joined before BB got his fruit which is the reason why sachi died .
do i make any sense here .

hossice

Reaction score
Country
United States
^ yea you mean to say that blackbeard did that scar before he go that damn DF power lol

DLord.Van.Buuren

Reaction score
Country
Japan
^ yea you mean to say that blackbeard did that scar before he go that damn DF power lol
simply : between the time of the first chapter and ace joining , BB cant have got the DF