Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! v2

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

yeah this storyline has some big ass potential indeed.

im not gonna try to predict or anything. im just going to lean back and enjoy as much as possible.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

Yea, Dark Avengers 2 was amazing, Sentry being Osborn's weapon is fantastic. The only thing better than being Superman is having Superman do everything you say because he looks to you for guidance.
No, Dark Avengers 3 was AMAZING...

Norman Osborn is... wow. It's like seeing Hitler in all his glory, and being so in awe in pre-WWII Germany that you are a Black Jewish citizen and you've been brainwashed by him into joining the Nazi regime. Greatest leader ever, he makes the Captain America and Iron Man mantle look great.

Hawkeye is fantastic, he's just completely perfect for his role.
Dr. Doom next issue.. phat shit. But, honestly Norman is even cooler because he doesn't betray him. He wants this cabal, he wants the Dark Illuminati to continue.. it's glorious.
Honestly like seeing the evilest greatest leader ever lay down the law in his master plan.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

yeah yeah. Dark avengers 3 was cool indeed. no questions there.

but... when is the next Thunderbolts out? im dying for some more of my favorite psycho :smile-big


and speaking of mr "Funnier-than-all-other-marvel-characters-put-together"



FUCK YEAH!!!!
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

I know, I was surprised about that heheh.

I guess he's the man to take down Bishop, he also fits into X-factor pretty well.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

im just loving that he seems to be getting a bigger spot in the Marvel Universe. he's not one of the back-up singers anymore, he's slowly idling his way forward to center stage. where he belongs :smile-big
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

I love Deadpool, I remember having an action figure and playing with it more than any of the other toys.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

yeah yeah. Dark avengers 3 was cool indeed. no questions there.

but... when is the next Thunderbolts out? im dying for some more of my favorite psycho :smile-big
<hr noshade size="1">
and speaking of mr "Funnier-than-all-other-marvel-characters-put-together"



FUCK YEAH!!!!
AUGH. All these Dark Avengers talk makes me want to start reading. Yes, yes, yes, I've been a bad comics fan the past couple of months. So far, I've only updated myself with the last Iron Man issue -________-

DEADPOOL.

I'll say this here, I never liked Cable. Deadpool was the only one making that series bearable for me XD Although, I'll admit his interactions with Cable makes it better. XD

Lol, when was the last time I posted here? XD
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

It's been a while, but the weather is getting warmer and hopefully we can bring some life back into this topic!

After all, between Dark avengers and War of Kings who can complain.

PS did I share with you guys my secret hope?
I know it's really messed up because I love Havoc (favorite mutant since I was little), and Black Bolt is godly lately.. plus Nova/Quasar and Gaurdians... but I really really REALLY want to see Vulcan win.
Why? Because then he takes on Norman Osborn's Earth... can you say holy shit? Gladiator vs Sentry, Vulcan vs Iron Patriot and maybe Doom (cabal is still active), and this is the perfect setup for the good guys (Thor, New Avengers, X-men and FF4) to come and save the world since Iron Patriot couldn't.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

HEHEH. That'll mean more X Men stories! Yeah, that'll be good. Even if Vulcan annoys me more than Norman XD Will Rachel Grey ever return to Earth, though? I haven't been reading their storyline in a while.

Regarding Doom, wtf happened? Last I read, he was just fucked over by...who was it again?

Also, I hope they have Wolvy up against his son, and...I'm actually wishing Logan kills him. >.> I'm not fond of the character. D:
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

Well Rachel..
is with Havoc and Polaris in space, trying to get revenge on Havoc's father being killed by his brother Vulcan. If they come back to earth she'll be back.. also she's doing someone that looks like Wolverine/Cloud Strife with a sword that uses phoenix force.. I don't know how I feel about that.

Dr Doom..
traveled back in time to learn black arts from Morgan Le Fay, this happened.. I don't remember in what comic, must be F4. So anyway, he has a relationship with her, and she in exchange (falls in love with him) and teaches him magic.
Then he doesn't call back for like.. a year, and the girl goes cwazy!
So she comes after Norman, but meanwhile he's done a secret alliance with Namor, and almost Penance (which would have made him leader of the cabal), but he only get Namor. So Norman then gets everyone else together in the Cabal, and Norman kind of has to join in order to not have all these powerful rivals working together.

However Morgan Le Fay attacks and.. fucks the bastard up. Where is Namor? Helping Winter Soldier save the flaming robot hero from the 50's in China.. also he's supposed to be planning an attack on America and a whole lot of other stuff that's been ignored. Next stop is Stark though, Norman asks him to take Stark out.

So who will help Dr Doom? Why Iron Patriot and the Dark Avengers of course! Except she makes Sentry go bye bye.. =( Just cause he did a little thing like ripping off her head (still emotional over Victor).

Now as for Logan's son..
well, Daken isn't going to be killed by Logan. In fact, I would say if someone is doing any killing, Daken will kill Wolverine. You see Daken took down CYCLOPS and the x-men in a badass ambush and stole murasame.. which can kill wolveine. He plans on fusing it onto his body.. which is impossible because it cancels healing, so he'll die in the operation.. but, whatever.
So honestly, the only one that can kill him (IMO) is Deadpool, because death (cosmic entity that Thanos is in love with) will not let Deadpool die.. unless that was retconned, which I don't think it was.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

Eggh. Yeah, I know what guy you meant. I don't like it. I hate how they suddenly moved from a possible relationship with Knightcrawler to some random new character.

I think that was partly the reason why I gave up reading that title. Everything was just weird. I'll wait till they return to Earth >.>

Daken:

NO. Maybe
He will die in the operation. I still think he's as uselesss as the Sentry is. Well. Probably not anymore, kinda. That head ripping was the best thing I've seen him do. Too bad he got fucked over that afterwards.
ARGH. I don't want that to happen XP
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

Has there been any news on The Secret Invasion X-men? New Wolverine stories need to be published! Read them all to date :)
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

secret invasion is over.
we're in Dark reign now. Norman Osborn rules the world, -ish.

its awesome so far :smile-big
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

I know secret invasion is over, I've read it. I'm on about the X-men tie-ins. There's been news that they are making a X-men tie-in for the Secret Invasion..
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

They've released those tie-ins along with Secret Invasion. I think there were only three issues?
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

The fuck?Deadpool beat those Thunderbolt loosers and in the end he just,did something unpredictable as always.I hope hes just joking and is gonna kill that blonde Black Widow.

Anybody read the Messiah War?Where Wolverine and co. traveled into the future and there they found Deadpool :D that was good.

Oh and Dr.Doom is so bad ass.Him and Iron Patriot are gonna beat that bitch,and talking about magic,what will happen to Doc Strange?Cause he came crawling for help to the new Avengers.
 

D3M1URG3

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
179
Reaction score
19
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

I'm not minding Dark Reign at the moment, though I do have some concerns as to the direction Bendis Is taking this brand-wide event...

Mostly the fact that almost all of the ongoing series to date are going to receive a "Dark" imprint: Dark Avengers, Dark Wolverine, Dark X-Men etc. The things they are shaking up Is riveting to a point, but I'm afraid this Is going to end up like another Civil War and not really last the test of time...
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

Well I love Dark Reign,I love Deadpool in it,he gets more and more attention,and Wolverine is getting waaaay to much attention,that it starts to bug me.I think its cool,Norman Osborn beeing in charge of peace in the world.I will love to see him fail,Daken getting more attention.Iron Man falling into the bottom after beeing at the top,its awesome imo.


Amazing Spider-Man 590 it was a cool chapter with the fantastic 4,and now maybe Reed will bring Spidey back to the way he was before he made the deal with Mephisto,I so want to see that Spider Man.And talking about Spider Man villains,in Black Panther #3,they brought back Morlun back :/ so Spidey definantly must get those powers back.

Deadpool #9 yes!I thought Deadpool is going to be in trouble.Wheeew,he is still alive,ofcourse he is.This chapter was very fast,teleporting from one place to antother :D Deadpool is hilarious,flying a plain "Black Widow loves Deadpool?Call ..." :D now hes gonna save Taskmaster,I just want Deadpool to get rid of these Thunderbolts.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

Dark Reign is really gooooood...

Dark Avenger 4 despite the reviews has me excited. I try to avoid the stereotyping of Norman Osborn by every other marvel book, Dark Avengers and Thunderbolts are the core Osborn Iron Patriot books that show his true persona. He actually cared for his toy.. his weapon, He was awestruck by Sentry's resurrection.

I want their fates to intertwine. Sentry is Osborn's perfect weapon, they're both psychopaths and Osborn is a master of controlling psychopaths. Doom has magic and armor and time, plus Namor. Osborn needs Sentry to balance the @#%# out of the Cabal's Gods and Demons and celestials and stuff.

The more Dark Reign goes on, the more I feel Osborn is the right man for the job. Sure he's a bad guy, but guess what, in political matters, you want the best bad guy that can outdo the other badguys in charge. Osborn has that in spades..
Deadpool needs to get his head out of the clouds and take out the Goblin already, he's going to have a standstill with the bolts, and another with Hawkeye.. its getting old,either let him fight Osborn psycho a psycho (mano a mano) or dont!

Also Nova was damn good. Even though I was never a fan, I am so loving the Gladiator carnage.. I really want him to fight Sentry for all the marbles.. SOOOO badly... please find some way for Osborn to piss off Vulcan and have them fight Bendis, PLEASE!
 
Last edited:

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

I read Dark Avengers #4 and it was good as always.Dr.Doom is as bad ass as always,I like the way Osborn is handling business.And for a second there I thought Sentry aint gonna come back,but he did.Osborn is speechless and looks kinda scared,but I dont know maybe like Lohnt said that Norman is maybe awestruck.

And there was the first chapter about the Cabal.Where Norman had a new suit on and it was one year into the future.Dr.Doom defeated The Hood and defeated the Dark Avengers along side Norman and he had Loki and Emma as his slaves,maybe bitches,I dont know.But still the good guys are gonna win.
 
Top