Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know how you feel about Deadpool...most of the time his character feels like it couldn't be replicated by anyone but Fabian but what can you do.

I think Reynolds is a good choice, although I feel like Deadpool himself would hate the decision...if that makes any sense.

He'd probably want to be played by Bea Arthur.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Reynolds as Deadpool.

FUCKING FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!
the guy is awesome, the character is awesome.
combined that mens double awesomness!
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
I still havn't seen Ironman, hopefully this weekend
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Thunderbolts has Green Goblin, go buy it and read it now.

This is why Norman Osborn is Spiderman's greatest enemy, screw venom, he doesn't hold a CANDLE to the insanity that is Osborn.

Oh man, I wish this series was more popular and more mainstream, it DESREVES to be more popular than Avengers.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well... Warren Ellis is a mixed bag. We love his insanity but you know its NSFW and dangerous around the kids. Yes though, Marvel should advertise the series more but there just isn't enough room. I mean what would you have Marvel do? Remove all the Hulk ads?

...anyways I'm just psyched for Runaways/Young Avengers, I wonder... will they be the ones to fight the super duper skrulls?
 

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy is going to kill some of those super duper skrulls too.

Remember when he took out the Young Avengers and Runaways at the same time...I think He'll fight side by side this time.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
did anyone like the first Hulk movie(I did), and the new one looks good but Im having some doubts, anyone else feel the same
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hulk might be interesting but the real news is...

RUNAWAYS IS BEING ADAPTED!!!

As in Brain K. Vaughan, the man who wrote the series initially himself is going to be writing this film. Since Marvel has announced their schedule up till 2011 expect to wait a while guys but it'll be totally worth it.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/875/875934p1.html


You know, I think I should start taking acting lessons. I would love to be cast as Alex in the movie, I'm skinny and black enough. Give me a pair of glasses and let me grow out my hair and I would totally fit the role. I mean hell I spend enough time on the computers talking to people older than me I've never meant. Have a crush on a gothic asain (among others...), and even though I know my parents are evil I love them to death =]
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
That's great news... but by 2011.. I'll be 25, damn, I don't know if I'll still be interested and as for acting.. I'm not blonde so... bleh.

I hope they stick to the actual story with Alex and the Mayan gods and all the obscure song/movie references, the only reason Runaways was so good was because it was so original and artistic, if it loses that appeal in order to fit into Hollywood style movies it'll be another Daredevil.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Brain K. Vaughan knows is the original author and the screen writer for the movie. Daredevil wasn't written by a comic book writer. Oh and Vaughan is a writter and producer for Lost so he has experience with motion pictures. He's also best buds with Joss Whedon, guy who's done Buffy and Serenity. I really hope Whedon jumps on board, he's responsible for the tri-monthly issues we've read so far. This is going to be on my mind for a very long time...

Oh when Whedon is done with runaways I think they are going to relaunch the series again with a new issue one under a new writer...


So... I'm going around marketing Kick-Ass again. Last time I got my name written in the book. Now its a contest to get a free ad in the book.



Oh and buy, the book. Its like manga except read right to left =P
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
You got your name written in the book??
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
mhmm, just at the editorial though. The ad thing is cool but I have nothing to advertise. I'm winning the contest, i suspect that has to do with my jobless advantage.
 

Mashmaro

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Hulk might be interesting but the real news is...

RUNAWAYS IS BEING ADAPTED!!!

As in Brain K. Vaughan, the man who wrote the series initially himself is going to be writing this film. Since Marvel has announced their schedule up till 2011 expect to wait a while guys but it'll be totally worth it.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/875/875934p1.html
<hr noshade size="1">
You know, I think I should start taking acting lessons. I would love to be cast as Alex in the movie, I'm skinny and black enough. Give me a pair of glasses and let me grow out my hair and I would totally fit the role. I mean hell I spend enough time on the computers talking to people older than me I've never meant. Have a crush on a gothic asain (among others...), and even though I know my parents are evil I love them to death =]
Great new! I hope they do it well...And a Witchblade movie can also be kind of
good idea (They exist two awful previous movies...)

By Lelo: "did anyone like the first Hulk movie(I did), and the new one looks good but Im having some doubts, anyone else feel the same"

...The second Hulk adaptation movie...? According trailers I watched, Hulk looks more strange, seriously, being used to see the another one...Critics were saying that Ang Lee's vision on Hulk was too personal, the second looks like to be more Blockbuster. It's about watching it, we hope it is a worthy movie!
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
I saw the new Hulk and it was better than the first. I choose my wording carefully, because it wasn't 'awesome' or 'great.' But it also wasn't bad.

I would rate it above average. The thing is it wasn't bad, but it's not necessarily good. To be blunt though, you can't expect a masterpiece with a franchise like Hulk because the story tends to be shallow anyway, whereas things like Iron man and X-men are more intellectual by nature.

Overall I would say it fills up the Marvel movie library well, and sets up Avengers nicely
(Although .. Hulk as the villain is boring and predictable and overdone and Marvel is going to fuck up the Avengers if he is the only villain much like F4 which in my opinion was weak compared to its sequel).
but other than that the movie didn't do much. I think they should hire the director from the Bourne Supremacy for future Hulk movies, and make them buddy movies against non-Hulk villains. For example, Hulk and Spidey, or Hulk and F4, best of all Hulk and Wolverine. Otherwise... the franchise has a weak future, that will only survive due to "THE HULK SMASH!!!!" and empty bland plot.


More spoilers

But I don't like Stark saying "we're getting a team together" wtf? Since when, unless this is the original team without Captain America, how the heck did Nick sign on Thor? That's a better transfer than Garnett to the Celtics. So is the "team" just Ant man, wasp, Tony and Hawkeye at the moment? Screw that, that team is boring. I'd rather have a new Avengers team. but w/e.
 
Last edited:

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Now im off to see the motherfrikkin HULK!!!!!

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
So Lohnt, you thought it was above average, thats good enough for me. Hopefully ill go watch it today
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
it delivered PRECISELY what it should. im very happy with this Hulk movie. fucking awesome!
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
I'm not saying it didn't deliver, X-men 3 delivered exactly what it should, they just delivered it wrong (especially in a movie that is more about story than flash). All I'm saying is someone like the director for Bourne could have done a better job, other than that it was a good movie.

Also.. the fight scene wasn't all THAT great to be honest... I was hoping they'd take a little more from Matrix.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
you know I thought the movie would be ok but the fight scenes would makeup for it, but ur saying there not all that great. I just gotta see it for myself, but I dont think I have the time
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
ey, a question. in what comic does Bucky take on the captain America "job"?

cause im just guessing that that will be well written and emotional and stuff so id like to read it.
anyone knows?
 
Top