Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Thread!

I get it right, the writer of Lost is also writing Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk?:blink
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Correct! Damon Lindelof is a co-creator of the hit series <i>Lost</i>. the show where you feel Lost on what they're talking about if you miss an episode. the other show that managed to do that to me is <i>24</i> and America's Next Top Model, just kidding :D

Jack Bauer, hell yeah!
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Thread!

I get annoyed by Lost at half of the second serie and I hated that Jack Bauer had to save at the same time time the "world" and a member of his family, I don't remember maybe i didn't see neither the end of the first serie of 24.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Thread!

I think Damon Lindelof got in over his head, and when he realized he doesn't have as much artistic freedom as he probably wants, he got all "I'm the creator of Lost, you can't do this to me, you're all little people" etc on them. I'm referring to criticisms of the comics which said the story was going slow, and he messed up some numbers to use lost references and stuff.

Personally I think he's just not as good as people think he is, and he doesn't know how to end his 6 parter, just like he doesn't know how to end lost. He's great at asking crazy questions, but he's afraid of answers because fans may be underwhelmed by what he comes up with.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

Seriously? o.O

I didn't know that. :p Since I liked the first season (well, first few episodes, at least) of Lost, I'll probably try Ult. Wolvy vs. Hulk. Probably. XD Otherwise, I'll just stick with Ult. X Men, which is going alright, so far. The new Cable storyline's good enough to keep me satisfied.

But when the heck is Kurt going to get up from his stupid...whatever? :( (I'm personally glad Dazzler left, though)[br]Posted on: November 19, 2006, 12:32:48 AM_________________________________________________
Mimic really died after Proteus did a number on him. There's a rumor that he will be replaced by Psylocke from 616 alternate reality, which is the regular Marvel Universe.
Browsed through this thread, and saw this.

Can anyone confirm this? I was distressed when she left Uncanny X Men. T^T They can't do this. Why move her, dammit?! T_T
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

@refii: you got a great point there.
@Dragonzair: Ult. X-Men is great. I'm also curious about how they're gonna explain the Shi'ar stuff further. or maybe they already have. i havent read any comics for a while, still tryin to catch up, so i also cant confirm the current status of you know who being moved to you know where.

God, I miss posting on MH! Work sucks, too bad they pay for the bill. :D
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Thread!

Dragonzair said:
Seriously? o.O

I didn't know that. :p Since I liked the first season (well, first few episodes, at least) of Lost, I'll probably try Ult. Wolvy vs. Hulk. Probably. XD Otherwise, I'll just stick with Ult. X Men, which is going alright, so far. The new Cable storyline's good enough to keep me satisfied.
Of Ult. Wolvy vs. Hulk are out only 2 or 3 numbers, maybe you should wait it is finished. I f you like Ultimate X-Men, you'll love Ultimates is exceptiional, there are 13 issues for the first volume and 12 for the second one.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

refii: Hm. That's true. I jsut wished Betsy comes back into one of the main storyline...(Uncanny X Men :wtf, pl0x)

[edit]

Just read the possibility of her being in Exiles in Wiki, and...nyah! Wha-at? Claremont's going with her? Maybe? I'm goingto be distressed. I cannot, for the love of God, find a single Exiles issue in here. D= I'm going to have to download them T^T

[/edit]

Luckas: I've read the first issue of The Ultimates, and enjoyed it while having a great laugh (the actor comparison was a brilliant addition, imo). I'll probably read the rest sooner as well. ^_^

And gin: Yeah. But I kinda hope they don't go over the whole Shi-ar thing too deeply. XD It sometimes get too confusing to me. I mean, have you been updated with Uncanny? I haven't read enough about the Shi-ar to really know what's going on, so I'm kinda reading the old comics now just to find out. XD

But now they've got Cable in the storyline, so that's pretty cool. And Bishop as well. :nuts
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

I havent read uncanny in a while, the last one i read was reviewed/summarized in my comics rambling list. i think they're doing the "let's save the shi'ar" thing once every 10 years. back in '96 (somewhere around #341-350), the gold team (magneto, rogue, gambit, bishop, cannonball, beast and guest starring former beast lover trish tillby) also went to save the shi'ar empire from the clutches of the Phalanx. Great art by Joe Mad. I forgot the arc title, though :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

^Was this Magneto the 'Joseph' one, or the real Mags? Joe Mad is brilliant. XD

...

Wait. I read that arc a few days back. Made me a Joseph fan. XD I'm reading it all over again. It starts with #342. Reading it again, right now. XD Now this was brilliant.

Right now, I'm kinda getting confuzzled again. The enemy this time is The third Summers brother. Keep forgetting his name.
[br]Posted on: November 19, 2006, 11:19:05 AM_________________________________________________Nyah. Sorry, issue #341. Gladiator attacks Sam, instead of asking for their help. XD
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

His name is Gabriel Summers (Vulcan).
I still vaguely remember issue #341. It starts on a night before christmas trip to the town for the Gold Team. On the first few pages, there's a cameo of..... THE PUNISHER! And Gladiator pops up at the shopping center and "introduced" himself to Cannonball, who was dumbfounded when he learned that Gladiator didn't even budge after Sam went full blast on him.
While on the other side of town, Joseph is making a move on Rogue by using an alien technology capable of rendering useless Rogue's power.... so Joseph can kiss him. This is one of the book where i really feel sorry for Gambit.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

^felt sorry for Gambit, but I totally fell for Joseph as well. XD Don't ask. I was even more relieved later to find out that he was only a cloned Mags.

Can't believe you still remember. :nuts[br]Posted on: November 19, 2006, 12:38:28 PM_________________________________________________While we're in the discussion of X Men, anyone here thinks Jean will come back? :( As much as I think the revival of dead characters is getting old, I still hope we get her back. >_>;

And the scarce appearance of Storm is killing me as well. (Black Panther *curses*) I do know that she's going to play an important role soon, but I'm tired of waiting. T^T I miss her, goddamit.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Well, I think Jean will be back, even if it means there will be tons of hate mails from reader.

Yeah, I kinda miss seeing Storm in X-Books, too. Maybe she'll be back after the Civil War event, the X-Men can always use her help. For the time being, we'll just have to settle for her playing the role of Wakanda's first lady.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

To be very honest, I wasn't really happy when she accept his proposal. =/ And even if they will receive hate mails, heck, they'll enjoy her presence alot. XD She's awesome. XD

How long do you think the Civil War books will go on? And about this whole HoM events thing, and the consequences, I still...have hope that a few mutants will regain their powers again. I mean, there's been a few who's had theirs back, in different circumstances (i.e, Bobby, who really didn't lose it, etc.)

(is feeling very happy being able to discuss comics >w<)
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Well, i dont have any opinion about Storm being married to T'Challa. I only wanna see how their kids will turn out. :D

If i'm not mistaken, Civil War will finished around Spring/Mid-2007. I love the M-Day effects and Civil War on Marvel Universe. You got the 198, most of them are clueless mutants, save for a few who had "superhero" experience. If you wanna read more about post M-Day happenings, i suggest reading X-Factor v2, the only title where Jamie Madrox looks (kinda) cool.

And then there's the government plan about registering everyone. I'm curious about Spider-Man's future after Civil War. I read a spoiler by Joe Quesada (EiC of Marvel), he said after Civil War there will be changes, major changes in Marvel U. One of it will be on Iron Man. Most fans, including me suspects that Peter Parker will be filling Tony Stark's boots as Iron Man.

(Can't believe i'm discussing comics in MH. I hope i wont get any trouble for this) :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

^Holy mother effer. O____________________O;;;

Now that's big changes. You mean taking his place in the original Avengers? Or just along Tony? (Last I remember, he was in Tony's side) Oh holy Hell. O_O; That's....BIG! :O And I want to read X Factor badly, since Madrox is a cool mutant. What's awesome is that I get to see early releases of his covers in DA since the artist is there (DA is crawling with random Marvel artists <3).

I'm really dissapointed with Tony's role in the Mutants Registration Act, which led to the seperate ways of the Avengers (daaaaaaaarn T_T they were my first heroes)

What makes you think its Spidey taking Tony's place? What about his Spidey costume? :wtf Of course, he took it off, and...blargh.

And if you're wondering why I was so against the whole T'Challa/'Ro thing, is because I'm a huge Storm/Wolvy shipper >_> (wooo...go me! XD) Can't help it since I'm female. All these pairings are just fun. *cough*Rachel/Kurt*cough*

And discuss comics all you like. XD That's why Ken-chan created this thread in the first place. I've been talking about comics with him the past few days, and I got him addicted again. He's started reading the Mutant Massacre arc in UXM again. :D[br]Posted on: November 19, 2006, 01:58:32 PM_________________________________________________In case you're interested, here's the colourist of X Factor. :D

http://daikaiju.deviantart.com/

I can search for a few more Marvel artist I found, and post the links here. But I think I posteda few already in the Comic Artist thread. XD
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Thread!

By american comics I was fascinated by Wolverine and got hooked by the Ultimate Universe, but now I love Ultimates, stopped buying Wolverine and Ultimate X-Men, even if I'll read them in some way, about Ultimate Spider-Man I stopped reading after the first arc (8 issues). Ultimate Fantastic Four maybe lasted 2 or 3 arcs but not more than 20 issues.
I'm truly dissapointed by Wolverine Origins after some promosing issues 4 or 5 they started to do always the same thing and it's incrdible Marvel can't find a very good writer to reanimate Wolverine, which is almost dead, finally I'm annoyed by the Civil War.
All this to say that I started reading american comics 2 or 3 years ago when The Ultimate series arrived in my country and now the only thing for which I spend my money is Ultimates, maybe I would buy some mini-series or peculiar title if they wouldn't be so expensive in my country.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Dragonzair said:
^Holy mother effer. O____________________O;;;

Now that's big changes. You mean taking his place in the original Avengers? Or just along Tony? (Last I remember, he was in Tony's side) Oh holy Hell. O_O; That's....BIG! :O And I want to read X Factor badly, since Madrox is a cool mutant. What's awesome is that I get to see early releases of his covers in DA since the artist is there (DA is crawling with random Marvel artists <3).
Joe Quesada said after Civil War there will be two Avengers team. One is Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, and several other heroes. The second one is like a revamp version of West Coast Avengers, I still have no clue about who's on the roster. And then there's gonna be another Alpha Flight. The spoiler art showed siluets of several familiar character such as, Beta RAy Bill, Spider-Woman (the one with the black costume), and someone who looks a lot like Captain America. But most people bet that it's US Agent, since it's quite hard to think Cap operates outside the US, since Alpha Flight belongs to the Canadian.

Madrox is awesome, in his way. I think Masashi Kishimoto copied Kage Bunshin from Madrox (who knows, right?). I like the fact (the comics fact) that Madrox can use his Kage Bunshin to study stuff, so he's quite knowledgeable in several discipline such as law, business, etc. In one of the X-Factor v2 book, Madrox created several hundred copies of himself to make a statement after the bad guy ask: "You and what army?" sounds familiar?

Dragonzair said:
I'm really dissapointed with Tony's role in the Mutants Registration Act, which led to the seperate ways of the Avengers (daaaaaaaarn T_T they were my first heroes)

What makes you think its Spidey taking Tony's place? What about his Spidey costume? :wtf Of course, he took it off, and...blargh.

And if you're wondering why I was so against the whole T'Challa/'Ro thing, is because I'm a huge Storm/Wolvy shipper >_> (wooo...go me! XD) Can't help it since I'm female. All these pairings are just fun. *cough*Rachel/Kurt*cough*
Well, last time i saw Peter in Civil War #4's last page. He's having a throwdown with TS. Joe Q hinted that after Civil War, Iron Man will be less hmm... menacing and he's becoming more chatty. Can you think of any chatty character in Marvel U who have the brain to wear the armor?
I think one of Tony's decision on supporting the Registration Act is based on defense contract. Can you imagine the kind of money will be pouring into his dirty fat pocket by selling patents and building the anti-registration heroes, like the one he and Reed Richards build on the N-Zone. No wonder Annihilus is running amok in space (in the Annihilation mini), his back yard is now crawling with S.H.I.E.L.D.S agent running that prison. Not, that's just my bad joke :D
As for pairing, i'm still rooting for Gambit & Rogue. Ororo and Wolvie? Well, they do have several "sweet" moments, like the time in Wolverine v2 (#99 or #100) where Ororo gave Logan a rose before he left for New York. *I remember that scene cause after that Logan gave his Harley to Sam Guthrie.* :D Rachel & Kurt? Hmmm... Rachel might think it's weird being romantically involved with the "father" of ther Excalibur team mate, from another alternate world, Nocturne. But hey, who knows.

Thanks for the link, Brian Reber's coloring on X-Factor is awesome. For me, he can really color the book to the tone of the current Marvel Universe, gloomy.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

Rachel and Kurt's been flirting often in UXM. XD Ororo/Logan mostly for their 'moments'. XD

Luckas: Hell yeah, the Ultimate-verse rocks.

And yeah. When I first saw kagebunshin, I was like, "Woah! Jamie!" What's awesome, is that Jamie's clones have their own mind, and personailty. And the recent idea of the kagebunshin gaining all the knowledge of each clone made me think of Jamie. XD

Oooh, whatchoo think of Cap's new uniform being all black? :p While it looks cool, I really miss the old Avengers. >_>; And yeah. Tony strikes me as the business man type, so yeah. =/ But he was my favourite character back when I first read Avengers. XD

Seeing them pitting aginst each other (Heck, seeing all the heroes on Marvel pitting against each other) is like...o.O A great idea, though. I want to know how all this will end.
 
Top