Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Cap got a black costume? Hmm.. havent seen that one yet. Would you mind providing the link to that picture?
All i know is on the cover of new Alpha Flight series (titled Omega Flight), which i saw like two months ago, one of the character wears a costume resembling Cap's. But i'm not sure if it's Cap. Now, i'm not sure that's US Agent, since i read that he's with the New Invaders now.

*I hate feeling outdated about the happenings in comics.*

*Sigh.*
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Well, that's not Captain America. That's US Agent, he used to be the sixth man to use the name Captain America.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

o___O

Really. Didn't know that. Guess I should update myself with Civil War. XD[br]Posted on: November 20, 2006, 07:30:52 AM_________________________________________________Well this proves it. =/

http://www.marvel.com/wallpaper/fetchimage.htm?id=712&size=sm

She's definitely joining the Exiles... They usually show later releases on wallpapers.[br]Posted on: November 21, 2006, 12:27:49 PM_________________________________________________http://www.marvel.com/wallpaper/fetchimage.htm?id=718&size=sm

Holy Hell!!

Storm vs. Thor?! Is this released yet? Or soon to be?! AAAAUGH! WE SEE HER FINALLY! AUGH! :spaz Can't contain happiness! XDDDD[br]Posted on: November 21, 2006, 12:29:02 PM_________________________________________________Nyah! If you guys want to be spoiled, go through the wallpers section at Marvel.com. XD

[edit]

nvm.

I suggest you guys don't look. You'll truly get spoiled. >w< Darnit. *smacks own self*
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

Oh my holy heck.

XD

WTF. Is that some sort of alternate universe? January 17 is too far away. :([br]Posted on: November 21, 2006, 03:54:52 PM_________________________________________________Downloading volumes 1 and 2 of Runaways. Seems interesting. ^_^
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Thread!

Someone please help me... Does anyone know where I can get Amazing Spiderman 536? Its almost 12 am here, and tommorow is American thanksgiving so the stores will be closed X_x Someone please help please please please!
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Thread!

It came out on the 22nd, and it's not exactly monthly, sometimes there can be 2 in a month, sometimes it's one a month sometimes it's none, it goes more by when the team finishes the issue realistically. Although yes they do try to space them out to about a month.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

Ah...didn't know that. Well, you'll just have to wait until someone uploads it though. :s (And I didn't know it was already Thanksgiving o.O)
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Thread!

What do you think of the Mark Millar arc in Wolverine?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

@reffi, you might try searching in torrents or dc++ or try us comics download forum.
@Luckas04 i personally like that arc. it shows how much wolvie cares for his friends. and the art by romita is great.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Thread!

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
@Luckas04 i personally like that arc. it shows how much wolvie cares for his friends. and the art by romita is great.
I don't know :confused I was expecting much more.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

@Dragonzair: to confirm the black costume issue, i just read Civil War: Choosing Sides. It features several short stories. And it is US Agent wearing the black costume. Tony Stark sends him to Canada to serve as a liaison (did i spell that right?) and helping the Canadian forming a new Alpha Flight, which will be named Omega Flight. I spent the whole sunday downloading comics, i missed a lot of action both in Marvel and DC. right now i'm catching up on my reading, meaning downloading several hundred issues i missed.

@Luckas04: Well, you're right. I just like it cause logan got to carve a lot of people there :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

I finally got around to reading the Age of Apocalypse arc (the first one), and I must say, I'm really impressed. I never enjoyed reading n arc as much as this, and I just have a feeling that the recent events in Earth 616 is probably going to end something like AoA did.

I mean... eh.

Wanda's power. Greatly interests me. What was revealed about her powers truly made me worry for the current universe right now. If that was the case, there could be alot of things that are being...eh. AHAH. I can't explain! XD

I mean, the arc we are reading now might as well be thought up by Wanda, or unconciously brought to effect by her! So many possibilities, with alot of characters possibly really dead. I mean, I'm not sure what's real anymore. XD

Nyah! *goes insane*

And just one question: Are her children (the ones who died, and memories of them removed from Wanda, real?
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: American Comics Thread!

Just FYI guys, Venom's started a cool American-comics-related thread here: 10 Favorite Comics. Feel free to post your faves there.

Try www.milehighcomics.com if you also want to show the covers of your favorite issues.

If we get enough interest in American comics here, and a lot of posts, we might start a child board for it at some point, like we've done for Video Games.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

@Dragonzair: Unfortunately, they are not real. She conjured them out of nowhere using her chaos magic. if you wanna read more about Wanda -- and her involvement in the recent Avengers Disassembled arc -- you can try reading "What If The Avengers Disassembled."
And have i mentioned New X-Men #32, you should read that one. That issue is just breath taking for me.

@GK: For now, I'm just glad that American Comics is a sticky. I hope we'll get more interest. Do you think it's ok for me to re-post the download links from another forum?
If i get an OK from MH and that other forum, i'll start posting them here.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: American Comics Thread!

Yeah, it's OK. But the staff can't help with hosting them.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

@Dragonzair: Unfortunately, they are not real. She conjured them out of nowhere using her chaos magic. if you wanna read more about Wanda -- and her involvement in the recent Avengers Disassembled arc -- you can try reading "What If The Avengers Disassembled."
And have i mentioned New X-Men #32, you should read that one. That issue is just breath taking for me.
Sweet! Now, let's start with two for Dragonzair:

New X-Men #32: http://d.turboupload.com/d/1186255/New_X-Men_032__2007___Team-DCP_.cbr.html

What If: The Avengers Disassembled
http://d.turboupload.com/d/1169616/What_if_The_Avengers_Disassembled__2006___Dart.cbr.html

Both uploaded by Lasher.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Holy Hell! I was looking for a download for those latest chaps! XD And thanks for the Avengers link a well. I'mma read it as soon as the download's over.

And that sucks big time about Wanda's magic. If you think really hard about it, she's freakin' scary. Is she even an Omega Level mutant? Because, even if she isn't, her power seems to be the scariest to me.

And I saw another new cover of New X Men, which will probably be released in two/three months! I LOVE it! XD *fangirls*

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43764930/

*screams*

Thank you again! <3[br]Posted on: November 28, 2006, 04:20:23 PM_________________________________________________Read it, and loved it. Now jsut to downlod Avengers Dissasembled...

And yeah. Dang. Great issue. Totally had me going there, when they mentioned old friends. T_T[br]Posted on: November 28, 2006, 04:33:38 PM_________________________________________________Um. btw. You got links to New X Men #22 -#31? It'll complete my collection of NXM XD
 
Top