Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

exo15

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Thankz.. Gin!! ur cool dude!!. hehehehe... Hope fully.. WHat about the return of Norman Obsborne.. sori for the Wrong spelling... the gathering five..
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

exo15 said:
Thankz.. Gin!! ur cool dude!!. hehehehe... Hope fully.. WHat about the return of Norman Obsborne.. sori for the Wrong spelling... the gathering five..
It's ok. I'd be wondering if anyone never had a misspell or typo. :D
I think you'll need some more fingers to cross for that one, too. :D
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I'm in love with Runaways. Thanks for uploading it refii. Its a wonderful peace of work and I've never felt attached to other teen heroes because they were such drama queens. And here we have 6 kids that who've gone through hell and back and they may not be perfect but they managed.

My favorite Runaway's moment.
When Molly knocks Wolverine out of the church when he tries to scare her. "128 mutants left on the earth and she had to be one of them." To Cap, "I wont talk about this everyagain if you don't talk about it." Priceless xDDD
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

manu said:
My favorite Runaway's moment.
When Molly knocks Wolverine out of the church when he tries to scare her. "128 mutants left on the earth and she had to be one of them." To Cap, "I wont talk about this everyagain if you don't talk about it." Priceless xDDD
Actually, it's 198. :D
Yes, I like Molly better than anyone in the Runaways. I especially like after she used up all her powers, she goes back to being a kid and whine before going to sleep. :XD
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Molly can have her own series, I've always been a supporter of that. I mean honestly, out of all the characters, her powers are the least explained, and as a kid she has the most potential for stardom.

And I'm talking Hulk/Wolverine stardom, not Ms Marvel *bleh* stardom.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

refii said:
Molly can have her own series, I've always been a supporter of that. I mean honestly, out of all the characters, her powers are the least explained, and as a kid she has the most potential for stardom.

And I'm talking Hulk/Wolverine stardom, not Ms Marvel *bleh* stardom.
I think the Runaways should need some "Superheroes and Vigilantes Lessons" and learning to control their power before they can step up their game. Like a summer school at Xavier's. Maybe Molly can study under Colossus or something. :D
And yes, Ms Marvel is too bleh.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Not just Colossus, if I understood her power correctly, at one point she seemed to be incredibly intelligent as well. (With the creepy guy that raped kidnapped little kids and turned them to stone.

I think her power allows her to roid up any muscle of her body, including her brain. I could be wrong, but it seemed that way when she started talking all weird.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

refii said:
Not just Colossus, if I understood her power correctly, at one point she seemed to be incredibly intelligent as well. (With the creepy guy that raped kidnapped little kids and turned them to stone.

I think her power allows her to roid up any muscle of her body, including her brain. I could be wrong, but it seemed that way when she started talking all weird.
Hey, that's a good theory. Maybe that's one of her power. Well, she needs to be tested first. :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Yeah, Molly's one of the coolest characters in there. My most favourite would be Victor when he first started out with them. He was mostly the voice of reason behind the team (even if they never listenened).

There's something annoying about the Runaways, and that is the fact that they seem to hate about every adult they see. Victor was frist a big fan of superheroes, so it's fun to see him fanboy over them. But I don't see much of that now :( Molly's still fun, coz she's still innocent from them all.

Which makes me wonder.

Why didn't Chase figure she was the most innocent? Even if he wouldn't kill anyone, I doubt Molly would too. Then again, I'd rather Chase dying than Molly.

Heck, I'm glad they got rid of his girlfriend, too. They could've made her more likeable, instead of whiny someone...
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I just think that he doesn't have the guts to actually kill somebody so he rather commit suicide. Sad how at age 18 he just went evil. As if to solidify that runaway's belief that all adults are irresponsible. I hope after this arc he somehow loses his memory or just finds peace and leaves the whole super hero thing behind. He has no powers and he's probably better off just trying to become an upstanding citizen.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Heh. Yeah, agreed.

Plus, Victor's already gotten command of The Frog. And that would be nice. Him losing his memory, I mean. So he wouldn't have to remember all he's gone through, and just live a normal life.

rue, that the Runaways' belief was that most adults were irresponsible, but the one who thought that most ws Chase himself.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Dragonzair said:
Heh. Yeah, agreed.

Plus, Victor's already gotten command of The Frog. And that would be nice. Him losing his memory, I mean. So he wouldn't have to remember all he's gone through, and just live a normal life.

rue, that the Runaways' belief was that most adults were irresponsible, but the one who thought that most ws Chase himself.
And Runaways will have a new writer & artist team for the next volume. The cover art looks great. :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Cover art is brilliant. Done by a woman, I jsut realised. Asian woman. Forgot her name...hrm. But she's got a younger sister with equally awesome drawings.

Cover art will still be the same of course? And new writer?! :o Who??
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

The cover art is by Jo Chen, who's be doing the Runaways covers. And the writer is....Josh Whedon. Astonishing. :D
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Joss Whedon aka I kill fan favorite characters for shitz n gigglez..

Don't get too attached to any of the Runaways -_-, even if Chase does survive.
Although I dislike what they did with his character, he learns how to use technology very quickly, technically he could have a "superpower" if the writers would just give him a chance with some Iron Man tech ^^
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

^Ahh, now that would be brilliant. That, I could definitely go for. Plus, he's street-wise, ad is probably used to hotwiring cars and stuff. That would be nice. And I'd hate Chase less, and probaly start liking him. XD

For now though, I WANT A MOLLY TITLE! Titled 'Princess Powerful'![br]Posted on: February 28, 2007, 05:32:42 AM_________________________________________________Heh. The latest issue was great. I liked it. :D[br]Posted on: February 28, 2007, 12:28:14 PM_________________________________________________OMG.

New X Men:

http://skottieyoung.blogspot.com/

So awesome! I've always liked Pixie! And I like the art :D Though, Pixie looks...different. Oh well. :D
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Green Lantern!

"Batman, you have the ability to instil great fear. Welcome to the Sinestro Corps."

And the costume O_o too bad he took off the ring. Oh well I'm off to download the Flash xD
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Green Lantern #17 is the luvvvvvvvv <333333333

Looks like now we know why Bruce Wayne wasn't chosen to be a Green Lantern. :D
And John Stewart unveiling himself is awesome. He should be proud that Hal Jordan placed a great deal of trust in him.

Flash #9
Bart wants to make a new Young Justice. Is this the end of the Teen Titans?

Civil War: Frontline #15
Take that, Judas! frontline.com FTW!!! :yelling
And Sally's comment about Cap's holding cell is just awesome! :D

Excalibur #17
Who wants to give Nocturne a sponge bath? I doo!! :D

Shadowpact #10
Two heavy hitter comes forward to aid the Shadowpact. I think they're gonna be the first to die. But it's jsut my prediction. :D

X-Factor #16
Madrox left a piece of him to complete him... Can i get an "Aaaaaw... That's so sweet!"

Wolverine #51
Am i the only one to find the last two issue of Wolverine to be really boring. By the way, #49 is super boring, so that doesnt count. :D

Daredevil #94
We need more action and less drama. Matt Murdock for New Avengers!!

Iron Man #15
Budget cuts, good. 100% Successful rate, good. Cool strike team costume, good. No officer club, bad. Reckless bomb sweep, bad. Badmouthing Maria Hill, bad. It's the calm before the storm for Tony Stark.

That would be all for now. :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

...

Oh, why did I click the Iron Man spoilers? XD I'm getting it right now,a t this moment. Oh well. Screw you, Stark. XD[br]Posted on: March 02, 2007, 06:35:23 AM_________________________________________________...

Teh hell? Suggestion box? In S.H.I.E.L.D? XD LOLOLOLOL Catered food! Not that it's bad. But...

Dude. This is S.H.I.E.L.D~!

DAYCARE FACILITY! :rofl

AHAHAHAHHAHA

I can't take it anymore. :rofl

...

Er. Ichi-san, where is Hill?

[edit]

Never mind, found her. Blame the god-awful art.

Hrrr. I don't want Sal in there, either.
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

You know, I have a question, because i read spoilers, and I would like to know more :D

How it happend, that Batman could have or had the ring of Green Lantern? I queite dont read this titles, but I know who Batman is or Hal Jordan, but I don;'t get it how was it possible. Can someone tell me in short how was it possible? :D
 
Top