1. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  2. The Waifu Wars 2017 are over. Time for applause!
  3. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  4. Congratulations Jammin & Purity of Magi for winning the Manhwa Freestyle contest!, and well done to the other participants!.

New Week, New Contest!
    Time to get coloring! The theme is Pets Coloring.

Voting has begun for the Flower Banner contest!.
  5. The very first Manga Wars have begun! Nominate your Manga now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Favorites Memorable moments in Toriko

Discussion in 'Toriko' started by Sky, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Sky

Sky YoRHa Unit XE

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Global Moderator

Germany
    The Manga has finally concluded, and to celebrate it's end, it's time to look back and share your favorite moments in the Manga and why those were memorable to you!

For me it was probably the fight against the Salamander Sphinx. Or pretty much the whole Mellow Cola arc.
    Not only did we see Zebra going all out for the first time, we also got a pretty funny way of obtaining the ingredient itself. :D

[​IMG]

2. Strand

Strand Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Greece
    To tell you the truth it is really hard to pick ONE favourite moment. I mean where should i start????? The first time Toriko used long range attacks? When Ichiryu visited the bishokukai??? The introduction of 0th Biotope??? The moment Komatsu was threatened by Star and Toriko rose once more to fight him??? I can easily say that the hole manga is memorable for me!!!!

obamamania likes this.
  3. obamamania

obamamania Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    The chapter where Bambina showed up in front of Toriko as a cliffhanger, it was like all of the oxygen was sucked out of the room and the hype level was cranked up to the max. Toriko confronting Heracles was also beyond badass. Oh and who can forget:
    [​IMG]

4. qdtimes2

qdtimes2 Registered User

Singapore
  5. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

Germany
    Jirou's Grand Knocking
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BlackHair, Demonspeed and obamamania like this.
  6. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Hard to choose a favorite, but Jirou was a hype machine, too bad he died like that.

Not sure if I can call it my favorite but I really liked the part with the reawakened Toriko beating Starjun's GT Robo in the Regal Mammoth arc. The one with Heracles stomping Toriko too.

7. eefrit

eefrit Who Dat Boy?

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    Lol, I was rocking that expression as my avatar for a hot while.

obamamania likes this.
  8. ProGoddess

ProGoddess MH Senpai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Water Tribe
    One of the most precious moments in Toriko series was during the time of Terry's mother who gave birth to Terry and how she spent her last moment with her newborn when she was shot by the GT Robot which injured her critically. Despite having such a short time together and heavily wounded, Terry's mother spent her last moment of breath and last bit of strength to groom, shower her love and affection to her child. In the animal kingdom, mothers show their love to their children by grooming them. It is a way mothers communicate with their children, showing them what life is and to encourage them to live strong. I believe that was the message Terry's mother was giving to her child.

After Terry's mother death, Toriko vowed to raise Terrycloth into a fine battle wolf and she died with dignity and majestically. I was totally touched by the entire scene. I even cried.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As Toriko has come to an end, I thank you Shimabukuro-sensei for bringing us such a wonderful series of Toriko and I'm looking forward for another new series from him soon. :^_^

[​IMG]

obamamania likes this.
  9. BaseNeptune

BaseNeptune Registered User

United States
    Jirou's talk with Toriko in 260 was a favorite for me, that shot of them looking into the sky was so simple and great.

10. Teppei

Teppei Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Germany
    [​IMG]

This was the most shocking moment in all mangas I've read, thus also the most memorable moment in Toriko for me!

11. Ant-o

Ant-o Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    Saved me a post lol. This is the very memory I wanted to post.

Also Terry showing out against gaoh. Those panels were amazing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 3, 2016, Original Post Date: Dec 3, 2016 ---
    Damnit it's hard to do a favorite memory. I remember lvl 70 beasts were a struggle and now look at how powerful each of them have become

12. Saithan

Saithan Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Denmark
    I skipped all the stuff, just to say, I think it's awesome the author ended the story. Every ending will result in new beginnings hopefully. I am excited to read the complete manga.