Final Match Mikasa Ackerman vs Holo

Who is the ultimate Waifu?

  • Mikasa Ackerman

  • Holo


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yes it is easy to say, cause taste doesn't change within one series. At least in my case.

Edit: And please guys, stop this talk about racism. Taste has nothing to do with racism.
So your opinion on which of 2 characters you like more doesn't change by watching the series they're from? Did I get that right? Sounds very weird.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Demon :cookiestare

She's is not normal - there is no one ever who is part dog like her. She's a no as a waify; that's all. She can be a friend like anyone else. (I'm not implying Man's best friend here either) :zomg
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,409
Gender
Male
Country
France
So your opinion on which of 2 characters you like more doesn't change by watching the series they're from? Did I get that right? Sounds very weird.
Well, that's all he can say.
 

Potatoe-Titan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2017
Messages
198
Reaction score
263
Country
Germany
No, my taste of women I consider to be waifu material doesn't change from one series because I am not into animal features.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,630
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
No, my taste of women I consider to be waifu material doesn't change from one series because I am not into animal features.
Makes sense to me.

No wonder all these "Okay, Mikasa is clingy, but.." posts aren't getting through, since not a single soul changes his perspective after that opening :frankerz
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
What you are essentially saying is character depth and personality or whatever else does not matter. You have one hard-coded image of a girl set in your mind and try to fit anyone into it. If they don't, they are automatically out, anyway.

Good luck in real life :frankerz
 

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
I hate furries too, they disgust me, but Holo barely even fits into the furry category. Last time I checked, they're mostly animal in humanoid shape. She's mostly human! :hmph
 

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
Nothing like your girl sucking your blood and turning into a giant beast amirite
Hey, let her suck my blood & and transform all she wants. Still a better waifu than the rock. :kappa
 

Potatoe-Titan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2017
Messages
198
Reaction score
263
Country
Germany
Of course character depth and personality do matter, but if the look isn't my taste I won't consider her waifu material. Personality/character and look go hand in hand, if I don't like one of it, they are out, I don't see a problem.

And thank you, I'm totally fine in real life.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
If the fact that Mikasa fights with the most passion when she is trying to protect Eren is frowned upon, then I don’t know.Because all over television, plenty of male characters fight with passionate rage when it comes to their friends and family. It’s a pretty natural thing to do.
After Eren reverts from his Titan transformation for the first time,Mikasa holds him in her arms and listens to his heartbeat with tears in her eyes because the person she thought was dead, the one person she loves most in the world, is actually alive. This was an important emotional reaction. Again, it didn’t make her weak; on the contrary, it made her relatable, as opposed to poorly-written characters whose feelings and responses are ridiculously contrived. Mikasa’s affection for Eren is what humanizes her, just like Levi’s affection for Isabel, Petra, and all the people he has lost is what humanizes him. Without these relationships, both of them would just be another “serious, emotionless badass”.
So, you could say in a way that her devotion to Eren here is a plus one, since it makes her a more relatable waifu. ;)
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,856
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, congrats to the Mikasa fans on seeding the moral high ground on levels yet to be seen in this contest. A whole argument founded on prejudice. Bet you all that sided with Mikasa are really proud you get to side with... that. Congratulations guys.

We'll just be over here with all the adorable cat girls, wolf girls, fox girls, and bunny girls. Just living our lives with open hearts while your over there with them polishing swastikas.:eyeroll

 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Wow, congrats to the Mikasa fans on seeding the moral high ground on levels yet to be seen in this contest. A whole argument founded on prejudice. Bet you all that sided with Mikasa are really proud you get to side with... that. Congratulations guys.

We'll just be over here with all the adorable cat girls, wolf girls, fox girls, and bunny girls. Just living our lives with open hearts while your over there with them polishing swastikas.:eyeroll

Nice bait lol. But people's preferences are their preferences. That's already been established. No need to twist things to this degree.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,409
Gender
Male
Country
France
Of course character depth and personality do matter, but if the look isn't my taste I won't consider her waifu material. Personality/character and look go hand in hand, if I don't like one of it, they are out, I don't see a problem.

And thank you, I'm totally fine in real life.
The thing is that you can't say you would definitely not prefer Holo over Mikasa and expect all of us to believe this because you don't really know Holo's character, promotions affect people but there is a limit.

Someone like Brandish(and only Brandish so far) can confidently say that because he did watch the series but not you, even if you claim you are sure of it. That makes your claim weak.

In the end, it's the same argument most of you used here. Mikasa is automatically better because Holo has animal features.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,630
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Nice bait lol. But people's preferences are their preferences. That's already been established. No need to twist things to this degree.
You mean it's baiting to do what kkck, Brandish and battou have been doing all this time?

Enlightened :frankerz
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,409
Gender
Male
Country
France
If the fact that Mikasa fights with the most passion when she is trying to protect Eren is frowned upon, then I don’t know.Because all over television, plenty of male characters fight with passionate rage when it comes to their friends and family. It’s a pretty natural thing to do.
After Eren reverts from his Titan transformation for the first time,Mikasa holds him in her arms and listens to his heartbeat with tears in her eyes because the person she thought was dead, the one person she loves most in the world, is actually alive. This was an important emotional reaction. Again, it didn’t make her weak; on the contrary, it made her relatable, as opposed to poorly-written characters whose feelings and responses are ridiculously contrived. Mikasa’s affection for Eren is what humanizes her, just like Levi’s affection for Isabel, Petra, and all the people he has lost is what humanizes him. Without these relationships, both of them would just be another “serious, emotionless badass”.
So, you could say in a way that her devotion to Eren here is a plus one, since it makes her a more relatable waifu. ;)
It's not frowned upon though. That reaction from Mikasa that you like so much is not something you can get from her in daily life. She is stoic and serious all the time unless there is action and her friend is in danger. I don't know what you do IRL but I doubt you put frequently your life on the line or take risks like Eren.

Levi is not a female Mikasa, his personality is richer IMO. Isabel and Petra are dead, yet Levi shows human emotions, he isn't really prioritizing someone's survival in danger and he is a bit of a delinquent too. Mikasa is different, she is calm and won't really provoke or speak badly of people unless she thinks Eren is threatened.

Erwin is Levi's best friend, and yet he chose to let Armin lives instead of him. Mikasa could never do that.

If Eren were to die, what would even happen to her? I personally don't think she would be able to overcome that.
 

Potatoe-Titan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2017
Messages
198
Reaction score
263
Country
Germany
Maybe you should go back one page and re-read what I wrote there. It was never my intention to claim anything or to convince anyone. I just explained why a lot of people probably don't consider Holo as waifu even if they don't know her character.

I even said that I maybe watch Spice and Wolf and I maybe would like Holo, but even if I would like her as a character I wouldn't consider her as a waifu.
If people believe me or not is not important for me, it's my opinion or taste which won't be changed by anyone.

I really get the feeling, people here read what they wanna read.

BTT: Eren already "died" once and she was able to overcome it.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
If Eren were to die, what would even happen to her? I personally don't think she would be able to overcome that.
Didn't we already see her reaction when Eren died though? Or well,when we all thought he had died :XD She vowed to keep living, to never give up, all while thiking he was dead.
Now, admittedly, at the beginning she had given up the will to live, but I find that to be a incredibly natural reaction.
Most human beings DO feel like utterly giving up when they lose someone they love. Mikasa lost her birth parents, she lost her adoptive parents, and then she heard that the person she loved most in the world had died. She lost everyone and everything. Why would anyone rationally expect her to get over Eren’s death within minutes and then suddenly find self-motivation? That would be typical Mary Sue behavior; in other words, completely unrealistic.
It makes sense that after hearing Eren has died, Mikasa is going to think of their memories together. He’s not just some boy she likes because he’s handsome and nice or something; he is the person who saved her from sex trafficking and taught her how to fight. Mikasa losing her will to live yet deciding to not give up so that she can at least remember Eren — sure, that’s not the most ideal reason to live, but it’s a realistic reaction.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Oh man... we are back to the bashing, why wont we speak rationally about our options??!! :arf
Oh right... this is war, I almost forgot :teehee

If the fact that Mikasa fights with the most passion when she is trying to protect Eren is frowned upon, then I don’t know.Because all over television, plenty of male characters fight with passionate rage when it comes to their friends and family. It’s a pretty natural thing to do.
After Eren reverts from his Titan transformation for the first time,Mikasa holds him in her arms and listens to his heartbeat with tears in her eyes because the person she thought was dead, the one person she loves most in the world, is actually alive. This was an important emotional reaction. Again, it didn’t make her weak; on the contrary, it made her relatable, as opposed to poorly-written characters whose feelings and responses are ridiculously contrived. Mikasa’s affection for Eren is what humanizes her, just like Levi’s affection for Isabel, Petra, and all the people he has lost is what humanizes him. Without these relationships, both of them would just be another “serious, emotionless badass”.
So, you could say in a way that her devotion to Eren here is a plus one, since it makes her a more relatable waifu. ;)
I dont think anyone (who wasn't "salt baiting") said that Mikasa's extreme affection towards Eren was a bad thing, its just that protecting him and keep on living is the only thing that stands out in her character goals, therefore if you take her out of that... yeah, she could be fine, but definitely not better than Holo. :pleased

Anyway at least Im happy no one is doubting Holo's potential as waifu anymore, now the only excuse left is the physical appearance.
I gave my opinion on that already to @Takuan in one of the first rounds and later to @Erinyes , if there's no way you can stand those animal features on her then there's nothing I can do, if you find the ears and the tail something "disgusting" or similar then I simply understand why you cannot vote for her.

If you like it or even can tolerate it then its another story, I dont interfere with personal preferences because I cant control them. My job as Holo's patron is to promote her in all possible ways and show you why I think she should win, not to change the likes of others.
If you want to keep the salt on this is up to you guys, but I think its quite clear.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
You mean it's baiting to do what kkck, Brandish and battou have been doing all this time?
Nice bait lol. But people's preferences are their preferences. That's already been established. No need to twist things to this degree.
Get to the end post :cookiehand

To this degree = Jammin going on about prejudice/swaztikas.

That kind of remark is beyond the dog comments I have made. And I've been called racist because I would not waifu a dog person :cookiestare

I've baited and bashed the animal features bit. I haven't called people dog f***ers.

Don't put me in with Jammin and Demon who go the extra level of desperation. They are salt lords.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top