Discussion My first manga was...and why

liufu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 13, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Gender
Female
Country
China
I wonder what your first manga was?
It is also the one that get you to start reading manga from then on???
My first manga would be "Maison Ikkoku" on onemanga and it was Rumiko Takahashi that i continue to read her mangas and it expand from it. And I often read manga on sunmanga now,used I often go to onemanga,but I found its search button doesn't do much help. not detailed enough .
Now it your turn to tell everyone ur very first manga!!!
 

Forever_Melody

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
634
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: My first manga was...

Inu Yasha was my first manga IIRC. Man that was a long series and I was a bit sad when it finally ended lol :p
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: My first manga was...

pretty sure it was naruto :paperbag
 

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: My first manga was...

Bio-Booster Armor Guyver (havent stopped loving it, no matter its incompleteness).
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: My first manga was...

My very first manga was Doraemon. That was back when I was 5 or 6. Though, I probably won't really call it as the series which started my regular manga reading. But I've been reading manga since then, but not as much as today. Almost 20 years of manga reading now.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: My first manga was...

Inuyasha and not proud of it >.<

The anime was on Adult Swim, and it was a good anime, when it ended I wanted to know what happened next. Little did I know.......
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

In before anyone else says One Piece.

Watched it a bit on Toonami and enjoyed the dub more or less. Eventually I went on youtube to see it because I knew I could get it their( a few years after I first saw it, mostly because I didn't want to watch it weekly), 300 episodes later, a couple dozen red bulls, and about a month afterwards I finally finished the anime and wanted to see more and I got impatient.

Learned what manga meant and started to read OP.

Good first manga I think.
 

Doragon

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
282
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

Case Closed.
 

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: My first manga was...

Sailormoon........the first manga that I spent my little pocket money on......
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: My first manga was...

My first manga I read or I bought? Because there's a difference between them. The first manga I read was dragonball and the first one I bought has to be either shaman king or naruto (I think it was naruto)
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

Doraemon and Please Save My Earth... :p
 

WarriorKK

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
23
Reaction score
33
Gender
Female
Country
Vietnam
Re: My first manga was...

Doraemon - It's first manga in childhood of everyone (at least in my country).
First shoujo manga - Sailor Moon.
First shounen manga - Dragon Ball.
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: My first manga was...

I guess it was Dragon Ball when I was a kid, the first Edited Manga I read was Bleach.
 

Sloggett

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
32
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: My first manga was...

HunterXHunter
Yu-Gi-Oh!
 

Binky

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 12, 2006
Messages
132
Reaction score
147
Gender
Male
Country
Scotland
Re: My first manga was...

Bleach. Now I can barely stomach reading it, though it is occasionally unintentionally hilarious.

How sad, I should have more nostalgia... Where has my innocence gone? :amuse
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

I've seen quite a lot of anime but never read much manga until my friend gave me his Black Cat Volumes so I guess Black Cat.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

Inuyasha and not proud of it >.<

The anime was on Adult Swim, and it was a good anime, when it ended I wanted to know what happened next. Little did I know.......
Aww, come now, Inuyasha wasn't that bad, I rather enjoyed the entire series (but what can I say, I still thoroughly enjoy Bleach).

Oh, and make that 3 for Inuyasha being the first manga I ever read. If it weren't for Inuyasha's anime being stopped, I don't know if I would ever know that animes are generally manga adaptations :p, and anything that lead me to the wonderful world of One Piece is okay in my books :D.
 

kim09

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: My first manga was...

Doraemon lulz when I was 5 (illiterate at that time)
 
Last edited:

DrPepperPro

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

Berserk.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: My first manga was...

My first manga was volume 16 of Slam Dunk, when I was about 4 or 5. Furthermore, I didn't know Sakuragi cut his hair during that time, I thought main protagonist was changed.
 
Top