Discussion My first manga was...and why

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: My first manga was...

my first manga was History's Strongest Deciple Kenichi... got me reading a lot of other manga too...
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: My first manga was...

Dragonball. or actually Dragonball Z volume 1. I got it in a school book order magazine in the 6th grade along with issue 9 of the american shonen jump. opened up a whole new world for me. ahh...good times
 

El Autor

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
68
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: My first manga was...

Dragon Ball
 

shades7000

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2008
Messages
23
Reaction score
4
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

Naruto, i started reading it after beginning to watch the saving Gaara arc in shippuden, really got me interested in manga, then it was Bleach, ah yes...
 

spawesome

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 26, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

My first manga is The third, the girl with blue eyes..and i still have it :)
 

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
Re: My first manga was...

berserk at 14 years old
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: My first manga was...

My first manga was Hellsing. I really got into it due to the amazing art and plot. The main character is one of the best and the coolest main characters ever in any manga, and last but not least it was about VAMPIRES!

But the best thing was the art, it had amazing art. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Hellsing, it started out in 1997, one of the oldest mangas. :)
 

mayoi

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 18, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: My first manga was...

Ummm i think it was naruto or bleach....
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

For me it was either Gundam Wing or Pokemon, both were single chapter 'issues' and both were 'flipped'.

I didn't 'really' get into manga until a few years later when i checked out Shonen Jump, as soon as i started reading that I started getting into Edited Mangas :)
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: My first manga was...

Manga = Dragonball
Anime = Akira - still thinks is one of best :D
 

Arch!

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2009
Messages
64
Reaction score
11
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

Inuyasha was my first manga and anime. Oh, those were the days (XD.)
 

Blackthornhiei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
119
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
El Salvador
Re: My first manga was...

First manga... I guess it all started when Dragon Ball and Ranma 1/2 were all the rage in Latin America. A friend showed me a Dragon Ball volume in korean. Then I started special ordering Ranma 1/2. That's what started my collecting.

Wait... technically the first manga I ever had my hands (though not the one that really got me into reading) was a comic-book sized, flipped, one shot by Ippongi Bang that was published by Antartic Press, if I remember correctly. I think I still have it around...
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

If I remember correctly, GTO.
 

Totinona

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2008
Messages
886
Reaction score
8,968
Country
Fun Forum
Re: My first manga was...

It might have been Naruto considering I saw the anime first, but I always think of "My Boy x My Love" as my first manga.:amuse
 

Izkity

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2009
Messages
245
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: My first manga was...

Chobits.
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: My first manga was...

first Manga I read was Dragon ball, then Slam dunk ...
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Re: My first manga was...

Ranma 1/2
 

Do Kesubei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
135
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

Either Magic Knight Rayearth - published by MiXX, so the pages fell out after two weeks - or Oh My Goddess, back when Dark Horse just threw random chapters into each graphic novel. I can't remember which one I bought first, but I preferred OMG.
 

Enma Ai

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
265
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

Naruto.
 

weehoo107

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
341
Reaction score
149
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

well, believe it or not, it was one piece. my friend was getting the books and I had no idea what i was getting my self into. soon i grew addicted to it.

a few weeks later my brother started talking about this Naruto thing and how it was really cool and all and I didn't believe him. i thought it was pretty stupid sounding, so I didn't even bother trying to read it...

all i remember was picking up a Naruto book somewhere and falling in love after the first page. from then on, One Piece came second.

first anime?? sprited away.
 
Top