Discussion My first manga was...and why

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

Chalk up another one for Inuyasha. I got into the anime on Adult Swim first and then eventually found the manga. It's no longer one of my favorites, but it still holds a special place in my heart for leading me to bigger and better things. <3
 

Saint Markus

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
195
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

King of Hell (majeh), the first manga that really got me into reading manga and collected it. been a manga fan for 6 years now because of this title, even though the story hasn't been much lately, i still read it. Hope it gets better in the next couple of years.
 

cleodux

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
180
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: My first manga was...

My first manga was Candy Candy. Last time i am so amused with the trend on shoujo art where the mangaka always whitening the eyes whenever some character show emotion, like suprises, angry etc. If you read Glass Mask you will now what i mean lol.

I can't believe it has been almost 20 freaking years since i know what is manga >.< basically one girl bring a vol to school, and everybody were like. OMG let me see bla bla bla... it was like if you have not read it thats mean you behind the trend lol. And soon everyone got manga fever, competing to buy manga to be the first.

My first shounen manga is Kungfu Boy Chinmi (tekken chinmi?)
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: My first manga was...

Naruto, then Love Hina.
 

BlindMunkey

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2009
Messages
194
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

wooo-hooo!! my first manga was D.Gray-Man.. i love it. both manga and anime. also it seems im the only one to lose my manga virginity with DGM. lol
 

shiia96

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
9
Gender
Hidden
Country
Italy
Re: My first manga was...

It was one piece and I thought that naruto was the most ridiculous thing i had ever heard of...
I'm Sooooo sorry I said that.Don't worry kishi-sensei, I will never diss or reject naruto like that ever again.:wtf
 

LNsu

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2009
Messages
66
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

Funny cause my first "manga" was a manwha. >___>
K2 or Kill me, Kiss me. Randomly got it from my friends bag while we were waiting for something and I instantly loved it, but I didn't really start getting obsessed with manga until like 4-5 years later where I am now, reading too many to keep up with. Ho ho~, I'm not ashamed one bit.
 

nalex94

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2009
Messages
373
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: My first manga was...

Bleach Anime then Naruto Manga

Katekyo Hitman Reborn is my Favorite though
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: My first manga was...

First manga and anime: Cardcaptor Sakura by CLAMP
 

Max Mojito

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
74
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: My first manga was...

the one and only ONE PIECE iv been reading it ever since the alabasta arc
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: My first manga was...

Love Hina.
Ohhh, dark past!

Though I was introduced in this world through anime versions of Dragon Quest: Dai no Daiboken, Dragon Ball and Magic Knight Rayearth
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: My first manga was...

:o Dark Past? Love Hina was the shit when I read it :x
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: My first manga was...

First manga I ever read was Akira. I've always been into comics, and one day surfing the comics shelf in library I came across with it. Even though I liked it a lot, I didn't acknowledge it as a manga back then.

Some years later, Dragonball hit the stores here, I bought the first two volumed before it was drawn back. Yes, the aunties in big flower ornamented hats got really angry because it had nudity! That delayed the coming of big manga wave to Finland, though it didnät stop me since I were well aware of the wonders of the Internet :D
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
my first manga was stray dog ,but i read Gantz immediately.or prob simultaneously at the same time
 

Boagrious

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Messages
978
Reaction score
431
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Incredibly shameful I have to say that Naruto was my first manga, and then I started reading and watching more because of the greatness of the Hellsing series.
 

Draco1988

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
121
Reaction score
29
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam
Doraemon and all of its glory
then Dragonball and sailormoon XD
 

Amit

Proofreader
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 31, 2009
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
India
Hmm, my first manga was Get Backers. Guess that's another unique first manga.
 

dumbyugi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Ironfist Chinmi was my first manga. Found it at the library and thought it looked cool and it was but I haven't been able to find it for years sadly.
 

Eshvoide

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2009
Messages
120
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
- Ranma 1/2, before they came out in volumes from a local comic book store.
- First anime (since there are a few talking about it): Ronin Warriors (aka Yoroiden Samurai Troopers)
 

Chidori602

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
62
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My first manga was naruto. really good and unique manga.
 
Top