Discussion My first manga was...and why

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Inuyasha. why? Because of the horrible ending the anime had. <_< Another reason why I’m so glad they are bringing back the anime!:D
 

slippy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
275
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
one piece, because i got tired of the story being far behind with the anime, had to switch
 

tasuki00

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
134
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Naruto when I was 17. I heard the manga went past the anime. I stopped watching anime for the most part after that.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Well I started by watching Dragon ball anime the I started buying DB and DBZ's tanks when I was seven.
But i stopped and then started reading manga and wacthing anime thaks to "The law of ueki" and i loved it.
 

feisu-chan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
250
Reaction score
110
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
NARUTO... after i watched the anime... i only read it because i was bored at work... but now, i'm glued!!! and i hate it when i have to wait for days and weeks to read the next chapter...

and now, i'm all about CLAMP manga!!! just finished the released KOBATO chapters today... i want more CLAMP!!!:mokona:mokona:mokona:mokona
 

misterchaos

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
398
Reaction score
68
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Naruto
 

Polemidis

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
62
Reaction score
7
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
I think it was Berserk... for one beacuse I wasn't satisfied with 25 eps and beacuse I had a 56k modem so it was kinda hard to download animes... and exchanges via mail took a long time ;p
 

Mitsuicide

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 19, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My first manga would probably have to be Naruto because i saw it on Toonami
But Negima holds my heart :)
 

Verilance

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
51
Reaction score
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The first manga I ever bought was Dragonball for my son but the first manga I ever bought for myself was Claymore cuz I started reading it in the bookstore and liked it
 

RomanDogBird

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It had to have been Dragon Ball. I probably started reading it in 2001 when I was 10. I had seen Dragon Ball Z already either a year or two before thanks to my cousin (who introduced me to many things, both good and bad, now I'm pretty sure neither of us have any similar tastes) and a few other anime by the time I started reading it.

It's still a favorite of mine, as is much of Toriyama's other work (I like Dr. Slump even more, despite having read Viz's semi-lousy release. It's still funny as hell, but the underage alcohol and smoking cover ups are just annoying and embarrasing to look at, especially since many of them are so blantantly obvious.).
 
Last edited:

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
mmmhh.. It was Dragon Ball, I assume, read some at my friends house. The first volume I ever bought was not that long ago, few months only, and it was Naruto.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
the first volume i ever bought was Yu-Gi-Oh!
and why?because i was playing the card game and was collecting the cards and watched the anime^^
then i heard that there was an anime season,that wasn't shown in germany and that there was a manga about it,so i bought it:)afterwards i was starting to buy naruto and after that other manga,but my first was Yu-Gi-Oh! and i even finished the series(36 volumes),which took some time,because they in germany needed so long to publish them,eventhough it was allready finished in japan years ago -_-;
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
The first manga I bought was Dragonball, I saw it at this household store, it was the dutch version and only 2 gulden (back then, that would be around 1€ nowadays), if I remember right it was vol.19, afterwards I also bought 3,18 and 21-23.

That was ages ago tho', after my shitload of American and European comics, I started an actual collection (DB manga was no more, gone.. don't ask where to), and my first manga then was Onegai Teacher, complete in one go.

Followed with One Piece, Detective Conan, Gun Blaze West and some of Akira Toriyama's smaller works (Sandland, Cowa! etc.)
 

Big Al

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2008
Messages
68
Reaction score
11
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I was very young lad (about 5-7 years old, I think) when I first read the manga that my mom brought for me (she know nothing about manga at that time, lol).

However, I think I were read one of Jump magzine (I think) in English, I remeber only 2-3 page from that, 1) Akira, where joker try to fix his biker (can't remember where that were, been awhile since I read akira). 2) Gunsmith Cat, I never forget that page, even now, Vol.2 page 21 (if you have read it, you'll know :P). 3) Nothing much out of that but I do remember one thing...two lads on wood boat/ship? with all dead dino/monster/something all around them two lads...???

That was it, I lost that magzine years after and never read any manga til I were about 19-20 years old!

PS. if you guy know what I on about no.3 and that magzine, please PM me.
 

Mushashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
501
Reaction score
52
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
flopped beserk in 1993. owned son.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Guyver in 1998-ish can't even remember. Its still going on and one of my favorites.
 
Last edited:

Mushashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
501
Reaction score
52
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
ive tried to start that manga heaps but ive never been able to keep it.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
ive tried to start that manga heaps but ive never been able to keep it.
I know, the manga occasionally goes on break. Still I am able to keep track of it, if you need a site that updates it more frequently, i can PM you the link.

How far have you read the series?
 
Last edited:

Mushashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
501
Reaction score
52
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
chapter 43, i found it on MT ^.^ thanks anyway starting to get addicted to this manga now :o
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
The best thing about this manga is it rarely have filler chapter. The artwork and story is just too awesome.

Hmm, chapter 43, so much happened after the chapter. You have to read it the rest, I assure you you will be thrilled with the developments afterward.

Just read chapter 174. Some shocking info. The story is going awesome and with new revelations, it even got better.
 
Top