Discussion My first manga was...and why

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
My first manga was Naruto, though at the beginning i started with the anime, and only later discovered what an "anime" and "manga" really was.
Naruto after this almost 3 years that i started "watching", "reading" is still my favourite :amuse
 

rudorofu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
104
Reaction score
47
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Can never quite remember clearly what my first manga was...Pretty sure it was Bleach, but something else tells me it could have been Inuyasha since it was the first anime I watched. Although, I was introduced to the manga world by my older sister who was familiar with it.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Naruto

I started watching anime in college and Naruto was a series I liked a great deal, didn't even know what manga was at the time, but when the series hit filler arcs I just couldn't understand how or why it got so bad so quickly. So I did some internet research, found out that it was based off of a form of japanese comic and started reading. I found the source material to be better than the anime so I stuck with it. And then started giving other series a try. Overtime that snowballed and now I read almost everything, or at least I try to.
 
Last edited:

ileannax

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 11, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
My first manga was Fushigi Yuugi (Vol1) back when i was in 4th grade and didn't really know the difference between 'comic' and 'manga'.
I didn't pick it out but my sister did and she told me it was because it was based on China (I'm Chinese) and she picked it out and borrow it from the library.
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
My first manga was Dragon Ball. <3
The whole collection until the beginning of Buu arc was on my big brother bookcase.
 

crimsonlink310

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My first manga was Inuyasha. My first anime was DBZ.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
My first manga was D.Gray-Man because I had seen some of the anime and discovered that most animes are just adaptations from their respective manga.

Still my favorite manga, still wait hopelessly each month (and often longer) for the new chapters. The woes of being caught up with your favorite manga.
 

matzik1212

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 11, 2010
Messages
3,855
Reaction score
1,646
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
My 1st manga was Naruto . Just like Naomidee said 1st i watched anime and then i found out the animes are adaptations from the mangas

Naruto was also the manga and anime that made me fall in love with Shounen genre :smile-big Thank god i discovered it otherwise i wouldn't be here today :)
 

jamesem92

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
25
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
England
My first was Battle Angel Alita when I was 18.
I'd read an article with James Cameron in a newspaper and it said he wanted to make a movie out of this manga after he'd made avatar 2 (it even called the technology "just practise" for BAA).

At the time I was just an anime nut, and had no idea where to even find a manga shop - google solved that and now I prefer it to anime by a long way!
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Either Doraemon or Astro Boy. Still love it until now :super
Simple yet touching story for 10 years old me back then.
 
Top