Misc Attempt My first work.

LordDante

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Here is my first work, on cleaning. I don't use anything selection tool. I only use filters.!

RAW:


My Work:

Please give your opinions.
 

unok-kun

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
769
Reaction score
434
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
It's not bad, but you need to make the blacks black. You can do it selecting the black zones and filling them with black, or more simply, with the burn tool (but careful with it because if you overburn you'll get lines and edges aliased; I recommend burning only on the full-sized raw).

Also, in the raw there's a gray pattern that is visible once resized, in Ageha's clothes in last panel. You should try to keep that pattern; try reducing the filters a bit to get it.
 

Esc.

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2007
Messages
210
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
lol, that is some nice work with only filters. :tem

But like unokpasabaxaki said, patterns are completely destroyed, it shouldn't be too hard to overlay everything with grays and patterns though.

It seems as though whatever you did you didn't keep an anti-aliased format, the lines all look very jagged and sharp. You can see it clearly on the last panel with Amamiya.

Off topic towards the cleaning process but, try and keep borders aligned with each other when necessary. 2nd and 3rd panel are kinda hovering away from each other, lol. :amuse

Very impressive work, if you were able to also apply selective tools and fill in necessary grays and blacks than it would really be a nice speed scan. For example the floor and part of the wall in the first panel, most if not all of it should be a clean gray although the scan creates darker areas that could be confused with anything darker.
 

DrPepperPro

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think a better looking and faster speedscan would be just to level it.
 

[Ju-Ni]Vicissitude

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Even factoring in my dislike of filters for cleaning, you overdid it. A lot.

I'd recommend leveling gently and doing your best to try and preserve the patterns as much as possible. As they are now, they look like just smeared greys. If you can preserve them a little, you can make for a decent MQ release. Just know that leveling is not the be-all, end-all of cleaning. You might need to go in and touch up art by hand.

After that, I'd recommend focusing on removing the in-panel text. You'll need to redraw afterwards regardless, so it's best to get some practice now.
 

LordDante

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Back, excuse the delay in posting, in fact I was a little busy these past few days. I came here to post the 2nd result, after using other methods. Some Pattern and game filters to make the image homogeneous.



I have not redesigned the existing texts on the picture because when I get a little free time for it. So I got a little time I'll post here the picture completely clean!

Oh, thanks to replies =P
 
Last edited:

[Ju-Ni]Vicissitude

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Better, but I still think you're losing a lot of definition in the art. The black line art over the patterns should be touched up a good deal. And in panel 3, for example, the shadow on the wall. That should be a series of parallel lines instead of a blurry mess.
 

Doragon

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
282
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The edges shouldn't look that sharp.
 

dosetsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 29, 2008
Messages
35
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There's no point in "making blacks, black" if you're literally destroying the rest of the image to do so. There's also no rule that says you have to use filters to make a speed-scan.

You should learn the basics before you try to go into the "advanced" stuff.
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Back, excuse the delay in posting, in fact I was a little busy these past few days. I came here to post the 2nd result, after using other methods. Some Pattern and game filters to make the image homogeneous.



I have not redesigned the existing texts on the picture because when I get a little free time for it. So I got a little time I'll post here the picture completely clean!

Oh, thanks to replies =P
Those grays could use some burning and dodging, to make them a little more even. Oh, and a decent denoising first. And you raped the antialiasing with that leveling.
 
Last edited:
Top