- Joined
- Jan 2, 2015
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Hey, I'm Zack, I'm new here.
I started learning Japanese on my own a year and a half ago because I was an unemployed college student, and I felt like I needed to do something productive with my love for video games, so I decided to start learning so I can play games in Japanese and make my unhealthy hobby productive.
Since then it's spiraled into an obsession of mine and I study in basically all my free time, even though it seems I don't have much of that these days. When I start school again in fall I will be taking classes to patch up any holes in my studies that need filling.
I'm not quite at the level where I should be translating yet, but I can generally read most things if I have a dictionary by my side, so I at least intend to practice here and learn a thing or two from the experienced guys so I can start doing it at some point.
As for my favorite anime, it's definitely Welcome to The NHK.
I started learning Japanese on my own a year and a half ago because I was an unemployed college student, and I felt like I needed to do something productive with my love for video games, so I decided to start learning so I can play games in Japanese and make my unhealthy hobby productive.
Since then it's spiraled into an obsession of mine and I study in basically all my free time, even though it seems I don't have much of that these days. When I start school again in fall I will be taking classes to patch up any holes in my studies that need filling.
I'm not quite at the level where I should be translating yet, but I can generally read most things if I have a dictionary by my side, so I at least intend to practice here and learn a thing or two from the experienced guys so I can start doing it at some point.
As for my favorite anime, it's definitely Welcome to The NHK.
Last edited: