My new manga project

Theorangefox

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 19, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
4
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
First of all, hi I'm back! To anyone that remembers me I had an old manga idea going on before. It didn't get far so I've started anew with something else (yeah it took a while). I'd love to hear any feedback and other stuff!

I have 5 chapters done in script so far, but I'll post the 1st one for now though!

Manga title: Hunter academy

Synopsis: The world is under a current invading threat of dark mysterious creatures, and amongst the chaos a young teenager is kicked out of his house and is forced to find a job. But his life takes a sudden turn as he bumps into a mystical organisation.

Genres: Action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, romance

Rating: Teen for violence, explicit language

Chapter 1: Me, my sword and I

Code:
EXT. DERELICT FLAT - DAY


          Morning sunlight is pouring in through a dirty, stained
          cracked window. Birds are chirping nearby.


          INT. DERELICT FLAT - ROOM - DAY


          The light rays are focusing on the head of a dark haired
          teenager.


          Near to his bed is an alarm radio which reads 08:59AM. As it
          hits 09:00AM a radio station starts playing.


                              NEWSREADER MALE
                    Good morning, this is Sunrise radio
                    the best sound to wake up to in the
                    morning! We hope you’re all awake
                    and ready to start the day!


          The male shuffles getting up slowly out of bed, his face
          looks drained. The radio is now going over the news.
    

                              NEWSREADER FEMALE
                    And in further news this morning,
                    we are still having reports of
                    unusual sightings of the black
                    creatures emerging unexpectedly out
                    of nowhere.


          The male stands up looking back at the radio with a
          nonplussed expression on his face.


                              NEWSREADER FEMALE
                    So far there have been over 30
                    casualties. People are warned to
                    take care when venturing outside,
                    and to avoid cordoned areas until
                    further information can be given.


                              NEWSREADER MALE
                    Thank you Marie, and now on to the
                    weather with Jonathan Blake.


          The male leaves the room heading to a closet in the dusty
          hallway. He opens it revealing a sheathed katana on a stand
          which he straps around his back.


          He heads back to his room booting up his computer, the main
          desktop is shown as he browses the web to check his emails.


          He scans over them and frowns realising there is no new
          mail. He turns the computer off and leaves the house.


          EXT. HIGH STREET - DAY


          The teenage male arrives outside a familiar grocery shop, he
          walks in to meet the owner a rather large man with stubble
          and a stained apron.


                              OWNER
                    Oh you again! Sorry kid still no
                    vacancies!


                              MALE
                    Do you know if any will show up?


                              OWNER
                    Have you been checking online? You
                    do realise everything is done by
                    machines these days!


                              MALE
                    I’ve been checking, but nothing
                    still, and not a single email!


                              OWNER
                    Hm sorry there lad, come back and
                    try again next week why don’t you?


          The male sighs and leaves the shop back into the blazing hot
          outdoors. He looks down the entire row of shops sighing to
          himself.


          Suddenly a ringtone plays from his pocket, he takes a cheap
          mobile phone out and answers.


                              VOICE O.S
                         (loudly)
                    Oi loser good morning!


                              MALE
                         (holding the phone away
                         briefly)
                    You again ‘sis! What do you want?


                              SISTER
                    I want to know if you’ve got a job
                    yet? Or is your broke ass still
                    lazing around in that crapshack
                    flat of yours?


                              MALE
                    I’m trying okay? Look you know it’s
                    not my fault!


                              SISTER
                    It so is! You’re the one who was
                    kicked out for the summer holidays,
                    you did nothing in that house, just
                    sleep eat and crap all the time!


          He grunts loudly continuing to walk.


                              SISTER
                    So are you ready for inspection?


                              MALE
                    The **** you on about? You can't
                    come to my house, you have no
                    permission!


                              SISTER
                    Says who? I could turn up right now
                    if I wanted to! And watch your
                    language kid!


                              MALE
                    Too bad you wouldn’t find anyone at
                    home.


                              SISTER
                    Oh I forgot, too busy wishing you
                    had a job to pay your rent!
                    (laughing) You could always live
                    with me!


                              MALE
                    Screw that.


                              SISTER
                    Well then, you get a job now okay?
                    Got to take care of yourself, being
                    17 and all! Bye bye now!


          She hangs up as he puts his phone away heading to the local
          park.


          As he sits on a bench, a group of kids rush over to an ice
          cream van nearby.


          He watches sweating as he dips his hand into his pocket. He
          feels around but pulls out a dirty grey lining.


          he sighs and sits back fanning himself as the sun glares
          down on him above.


                              ICE CREAM MAN
                         (waving to children)
                    Thank you! Come again!


          The dark haired teen continues sitting but suddenly hears a
          rustle behind him. He hears it again then hears a dog
          barking loudly.


          He gets up and sees the dog barking at a small bush


                              MALE
                    Crazy mutt!


          He looks closer however, and notices the bush shaking
          slightly.


          A cream coloured fox with large ears pops out from the bush
          running from the dog who barks menacingly at it.


                              MALE
                    Hey stop bullying the poor animal!


                              FOX
                    Gii! Gii!


          The dog continues barking as the fox stays near the
          teenager's feet. He shoos the dog away and it eventually
          leaves.


                              MALE
                    You okay?


          He holds it up observing it closely noticing how small it is
          in his hands comparing to a puppy.


                              MALE
                    Hehe your ears are cool!


          He strokes one with a finger and the fox paws at it. It
          looks up at him at he puts it back down.


                              MALE
                    I wish I could, but I can’t keep
                    pets, I’m too broke. The landlord
                    probably wouldn't allow it either.


          He sighs and turns away sadly from the fox walking away.


                              FOX
                    Giii!


          He looks down noticing it is clinging on to his ankle.


                              MALE
                    Huh? You wanna stay? Okay I guess
                    while we’re out it couldn’t hurt.


          He picks it up and tucks it into his beige strap bag facing
          the front.


                              MALE
                    Let's go!


          The duo head down a narrow path with not many people around.
          It is more shaded due to the trees above.


                              MALE
                         (smiling)
                    I’m James, August James!


          The fox tilts its head at him.


                              AUGUST
                    Yeah I know, sounds weird right?


          It continues to stare at him rarely blinking.


                              AUGUST
                    I wonder what your name is?


          He searches for a name tag or collar, but it has none.


                              AUGUST
                    Oh you’re a girl? I see.


          Caption: It's not that hard to tell.


                              FOX
                    Gii!


          August chuckles as she pulls her ears down over her eyes,
          she lets go and they spring back up making him laugh again.


                              AUGUST
                    You're funny!


          They cross a bridge over a lake, but August shivers.


                              AUGUST
                    Oi it’s gotten cold all of a
                    sudden!


                              FOX
                    Gii! Gii!


          A slight eerie wind picks up as temperatures suddenly drop.


                              AUGUST
                    What? What’s going on?


          The wind picks up making the trees rustle. He hears a loud
          rumble before noticing a puddle of black liquid bubbling up
          from the soil.


          The puddle gets larger and a figure rises up from it forming
          into a large black creature. Two slits on its face open up
          to reveal a pair of blood red eyes.


                              AUGUST
                    Crap it’s them!


          He removes the bag placing the fox somewhere safe.


          The creatures mouth splits open bearing a sharp toothed
          grin. It strikes at August, but he turns and draws his
          weapon.


          By luck he blocks with the sword, but the blow makes him
          struggle.


          The monster pushes him back and he hits the ground hard.


          It punches at him again and he blocks, however the recoil
          makes him drop his weapon. The creature grins menacingly
          sending him flying as it swipes August with its paw.


          August crashes into a bench trying to get up quickly.
          Already the creature is advancing on him. It towers above
          August about to deal the killing blow.


                              FOX
                    Gii! Gii!


          The fox is standing between August and the creature.


                              AUGUST
                    Oi what are you doing? Get back
                    you’ll be killed!


                              FOX
                    GIIIII!


          Her fur begins to glow bright yellow as a gust of wind kicks
          up around her.


          Her eyes glow also as his sword begins to shake. He picks it
          up feeling a surge of energy travel down his arm.


                              AUGUST
                    Whoa! What is this light?


          The fox glows brighter and there is a flash of yellow as it
          merges into an orb of pure light.


          August panics as it fuses with the blade of his sword
          casting a glow all over.


          He continues to feel the strange energy surge inside him as
          the sword stops glowing.


          August looks amazed noticing the pattern of the blade has
          changed to an orange and black flame design going down from
          the tip.


                              AUGUST
                    What is this?


          The creature responds to the sudden shift advancing on
          August again.


          August grits his teeth looking up at it feeling more
          determined.


          The creature punches at him but he avoids it and swings. Its
          hand falls coming clean off dissipating into thin air.


          It recoils but August goes at it. The creature uses its
          remaining arm to block the sword back and attack.


          The creature slams its fist into the ground trying to crush
          August. He avoids it and leaps at the creature who is well
          open.


                              AUGUST
                    What!? Since when could I jump so
                    high?


          He sails at speed towards the creature gripping his sword
          tight before slashing wide across its chest.


          It falls backwards crashing to the ground and August lands
          on it stabbing through its chest.


          Black liquid spurts everywhere from the wound and the
          creature's red eyes die out before it dissipates completely.


          He stands on the ground looking closely at the sword
          observing the pattern.


                              FOX
                    Gii!


          He drops it in shock and it starts glowing again. An orb of
          light lifts from the blade changing back into the fox.


          The light fades and she sits there looking up at him.


                              AUGUST
                    Hey it's you again!


          August notices the blade has gone back to its original bland
          design.


                              AUGUST
                    So you were in there? But how!?


          She pats the sword with her paw as August picks her up. He
          sheathes his sword and walks over to put her back in the
          bag.


                              AUGUST
                    That just now when you were in
                    there. That energy I felt, what was
                    it?


          He touches his chest and feels a rather strange pulse, but
          not like his heartbeat.


          Up above in the canopy of trees a girl is dashing from
          branch to branch.


                              GIRL
                    Come on, come on where are you?


          She leaps another branch looking down at the ground below.


                              GIRL
                    I can’t feel anything Yuno, are you
                    sure it’s here?


                              YUNO O.S
                    I felt it before, but it seems the
                    energy has dissipated.


                              GIRL
                    Wait! Someone purged it already?
                    Who could have done that?


          She pauses on a branch for a while.


                              GIRL
                    Hold up, I sense another. Straight
                    down there!


          She leaps down in front of someone and turns to meet a
          scruffy looking August giving her a shocked look.


                              GIRL
                    Hey who are you?


          She leans forward demanding an answer, but then she notices
          he has a katana and a cream coloured fox tucked in his bag.


                              GIRL
                    Huh? He’s one of them. Yuno it
                    looks just like you!


                              YUNO
                    Hmm?


          Her blue backpack flips open and a similar looking blue fox
          pops his head out. He has smaller ears.


                              AUGUST
                    Ah a talking fox! I-It just talked.
                    Hey get away from that thing it’s
                    dangerous!


          August pushes her away making her fall as the fox leaps onto
          the ground.


                              GIRL
                    What are you doing creep!?


          She covers her chest with her arm as the blue fox comes
          close to her.


                              YUNO
                    How dare he? I’m not dangerous at
                    all.


                              AUGUST
                    Just what is going on here?


          The girl stands up abrpuptly


                              GIRL
                    Who are you, and what academy are
                    you from?


          She narrows her bright red eyes at him.


                              GIRL
                    Hm no emblem either, got anything
                    Yuno?


                              YUNO
                         (looking at his claws)
                    Nope he's just a blank!


                              GIRL
                    Do you have a license to use that
                    thing?


                              AUGUST
                    What do you mean?


                              GIRL
                    Your sword you dummy, how can you
                    not know you need a liscence for
                    it?


          August still looks confused.


                              GIRL
                    Just as I thought! A faker!


          She looks away from him but he looks at her long beautiful
          blue flowing hair. August finds her rather pretty but he
          then notices she's wearing a blue hat which is twitching.


                              AUGUST
                    Hey your hat is moving!


                              GIRL
                    Don't touch it!


          She pulls her hat down her head and storms off.


                              GIRL
                    Ugh come on Yuno, before he does
                    anything creepy!


          As she leaves he noticed a blue katana sheath strapped to
          her back.


                              AUGUST
                    Hey wait! That sword!


          She ignores him and leaps high into the air amongst the
          branches.


                              AUGUST
                    That's impossible!


          August then remembers when he leapt high at the creature
          before.


                              AUGUST
                    Wait come back! I have questions!


          He takes after her and now realises he is somehow running
          faster.


                              GIRL
                    What a creep, first he touches me
                    and then stares at me, honestly?


          Yuno rests his chin on his paws


                              YUNO
                    No idea why he acted like that, but
                    I found something else peculiar.


                              GIRL
                    And that is?


                              YUNO
                    That's the exact same area where
                    the dark being was purged!


                              GIRL
                    WHAT? Wait what is that?


          She senses something and looks down.


                              GIRL
                    Wait, is that?


                              AUGUST
                    Hey I want to talk to you!


          August is down below having caught up with her still
          running.


                              GIRL
                    Impossible! How is that freak
                    keeping up with me? He's a fake we
                    checked out!


                              YUNO
                    Maybe we should talk to him?


          She decides to stop and drops down to his level. August
          catches up without breaking a sweat.


                              AUGUST
                         (fidgeting with his hands)
                    I have to ask you something.


                              GIRL
                    You'd better not be coming onto me
                    faker!


                              AUGUST
                    No, your sword can I see it?


          She turns sharply away from him.


                              GIRL
                    Nice try kid but you can’t. You
                    don’t even have a license!


                              AUGUST
                    Kid? I’m 17! And what is this
                    liscence crap!?


                              GIRL
                    You're definitely not a hunter!


                              AUGUST
                    A hunter?


                              GIRL
                    You ask too many questions!


                              AUGUST
                    Where are you heading?


          Caption: He's not listening.


                              GIRL
                    Did you not just hear me creep!?


                              AUGUST
                    Your hat again!


                              GIRL
                         (pulling it down)
                    Oh no.


          August reaches out to help.


                              GIRL
                    Don't touch me creepy pervert!


          She lets go to push him away, but as she does her hat
          springs off her head.


          August looks in awe as a pair of furry blue ears twitch
          amongst her hair.


          She stands in silence blank faced as August continues to
          stare.


                              AUGUST
                    They're real?


          She remains mute as she snatches her hat from the ground,
          and before August can say anything she storms off in a
          hurry.


                              AUGUST
                    What was that about? And those
                    ears, is she even human?


          The cream coloured fox pops her head out from the bag
          looking up into his eyes.


                              AUGUST
                    Did you see that blue one? He could
                    talk, and since when were foxes
                    blue?


          She blinks staring casually at him


                              AUGUST
                    Well, can you talk too?


                              FOX
                    Gii!


                              AUGUST
                    Oh well. Hey I'm getting hungry
                    again, what about you?


          She continues to look at him as his stomach rumbles.


                              AUGUST
                    Sadly I can’t get a meal though, I
                    thought my hunger would go away,
                    but it’s back from yesterday.


          He leaves the park having no other business there.


          INT.UNKNOWN BUILDING - DAY


          A man with a barely visible face is standing at window, he
          rubs his stubbly chin continuing to observe.


                              MAN
                    Seems there's another one out
                    there.


                              VOICE O.S
                    Are you sure?


                              MAN
                    I'm quite sure, it's been a while
                    since one has popped up, but he's
                    compatible alright!


                              VOICE O.S
                    So its found him?


                              MAN
                         (clenching fist)
                    Yes, the light has found him. Now
                    all we have to do is get him!


          He turns to face the unseen person.


                              MAN
                    Send out a team, hurry!


                              VOICE O.S
                    Yes sir.
More to come soon!

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Not so sure why the code box is so small. Is there a way to make it larger?
 
Last edited:

aldrichcrescent

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 9, 2010
Messages
32
Reaction score
9
Age
16
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Ohhhh... I remember you... I just PMed you. Please read it.. ehehheh
 

femlee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 1, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
this is rather intriguing (is that spelled right?)
 

Theorangefox

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 19, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
4
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, and thank you!
 

femlee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 1, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
so, how's it coming so far?
 

Theorangefox

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 19, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
4
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty good actually, I've cranked out 10 chapters, working on the 11th. I keep forgetting that I've posted this on other sites, but onemanga forums is where I mainly host it, dunno if I'm gonna update here cos of the time it takes!
 

femlee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 1, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
onemanga? can you post a link, please?
 
Top