- Joined
- Apr 24, 2014
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
- Age
- 36
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
So I feel there are a lot of people who feel this manga goes over the top with their "nakama power-ups," and to be perfectly honest I don't understand why. To me at least, a "nakama power-up" suggests one of the good guys is going to lose and is clearly weaker than their opponent, until their opponent threatens one of their friends or something and all of a sudden the good guy's hidden power is released or something (e.g. Yusuke vs. Suzaku in YYH).
The powership of friendship is certainly an over-arching theme much like a lot of shounen manga, but I really don't feel "nakama power-ups" really happen that much in this manga, at least not any more than others. Am I missing something? Maybe I'm confused about what a "nakama power-up" is? If anyone could enlighten me on this I'd really appreciate it.
The powership of friendship is certainly an over-arching theme much like a lot of shounen manga, but I really don't feel "nakama power-ups" really happen that much in this manga, at least not any more than others. Am I missing something? Maybe I'm confused about what a "nakama power-up" is? If anyone could enlighten me on this I'd really appreciate it.