Help Wanted naming a clan or race

hunterzero785

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2013
Messages
73
Reaction score
10
Gender
Female
Country
American Samoa
So... for the story I'm working on I have characters with special abilities and I'm having trouble naming some things, I don't know if you can plagiarize a name or not (in which case I don't want to) so please help me out if u can :) I need help naming an angel/demon race or clan ex. dbz has saiyans and bleach has soul reapers... which I don't want to copy.....any ideas? I came up with 3 clan names but I don't know if they sound alright...any help will be appreciated thanks! :D
 

BullFrogSlam

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What I did for my story was too try and categorize their specific abilities. For example, in my story their are races who control elements like Lightning, Fire, and Water. What i did was find words meaning these elements in other languages and use that as the name. Lighting turned into the La'Tempete (Tempest/Storm in french) clan, Vulkan (Volcano in german) clan, and the Xuanwo (Maelstrom in chinese) clan. And it turned out pretty well and I'm content with these names! Maybe doing something similar would help you out?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
What are the names of your tribes? I can try to give you some feedback on them if you like. ^^
 

hunterzero785

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2013
Messages
73
Reaction score
10
Gender
Female
Country
American Samoa
thanks it's very much appreciated! :)
 

EvenMcSteven

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 28, 2013
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
One for the Demons could be something cliche like "The Fallen"
lol, idk it's all that came to mind :S Sorry.
 

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
437
Reaction score
276
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Tip for you in general, hunter: you've been making lots of stuff and working pretty hard, so I'm proud of you, and my tip is to not let this stuff bother you.

I mean, sure, it's nice to think of names for clans. But think for a second, what are we really doing here? Writing a story? Drawing a manga? Whatever you're doing, you shouldn't let yourself get STUCK on coming up with a name for a clan. You shouldn't stop writing because you just can't come up with the names. Just use a filler name, and let the name come to you while you write the story. You're done, and still no name? Well, start drawing it, if it's manga. Done, still no name? Well, now you can worry about the name -- but hey, you've already got a finished manga chapter, which was the goal here!

Basically, don't let these things waste your time, and don't sweat the small stuff.
 
Top