1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. Submissions for Landmark Photography Contest has begun. Capture a picture of a landmark!

Voting has begun for the Musical Cover Contest. Pick your favorite piece!

Congratulations to Ustegius for winning the Illustrated Children Book Drawing contest!
  5. The MangaHelpers Manga Awards 2018 are over. Celebrate the winners now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Multi Season Nanatsu no Taizai

Discussion in 'Anime Series' started by niichan, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Piety

Piety Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Gotei 13
    Right. It was rushed too much. I know it was suppose to be a 10 second fight but c'mon. Do some dragon ball stuff and make it last longer. Dissapointed in the fight. Seems like next episode will leave off with Mela/galan in front of Ban. So in 2-3 weeks we get to see the man.. the myth... the SUN.

2. The Prince of Darkness

The Prince of Darkness Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

France
    I was so disappointed... in the manga that was one of the Badass moments of Meliodas and they just screw it up !
    Meliodas' punches didn't even look heavy.
    I hope the fight Meliodas vs Glox & Drole won't be like that

3. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    I liked the episode, the animation was dope

4. Baum

Baum Registered User

Germany
    @Undina looks like Meliodas did what I predicted He didn't namedrop Gloxinia during that little talk.

Also, I don't get why people are so disappointed with the Galan bit at all. I mean, I get that a lot of us really liked that page with Meliodas' fist digging into Galan's face but the way they adapted that fight was damn near flawless. I never liked how slow it felt in the mange, despite the stupid countdown, and the Anime managed to really showcase how brief that beat down was. It actually felt more "realistic" regarding the whole "10 seconds till I tp you back" shtick to me than the chapter back then (and by back then I mean last week as I just got the German release for myself :derp)

5. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Shit taste m8.
    But really, the fight didn't really "flow" well for me; the impact of Mel's punches was undermined, and the animation felt subpar. Being short is fine, but sucking is not. :pjsalt

6. Baum

Baum Registered User

Germany
    Ehh, I thought it was okay. I actually forgot one thing I didn't like (the slash-y bit with Meliodas going all Iai on Galan) but the punching and kicking was pretty satisfying to watch. Especially with Galan's great VA being so...well, great for him.
    The thing I was disappointed with in the episode as a whole was actually how bloody slow Zeldris and Fraudrin reacted to Meliodas after he scrapped Galan tbh.

7. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Ah yes, the Iai move was bleh. But I guess I'll give you the Galan VA part - he's very good.
    I was disappointed in that they didn't show Mel casually walking past Galan after cutting him. That part was amazing in the manga.
    Oh, and the seconds, of course.

8. ShadowCT6

ShadowCT6 Registered User

Brazil
    Am I the only only who didn't find the latest episode well drawn? Also, when I read those manga chapters, I was waiting for something really gloomy for their adaptation for the anime, not that "happy" thing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 31, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 31, 2018 ---
    Also, seems that the production introduced some scenes that weren't in the manga.

Ibafarshan likes this.
  9. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Hawk-Eye

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Finally watched the 12th episode. Estarossa and Escanor's voices are perfect(I like the track they used for his first appearance). I was not fond of Sugita's Day Escanor in the game but his Night Escanor is pretty good. I like Arden's voice too.

The scene with Elaine and Ban was great. This season is definitely better than the first.

10. Baum

Baum Registered User

Germany
    Watched that longer preview for the second half and it looked pretty neat. Galan's golfballs are cg, but the scene they picked for the trailer looked pretty good actually, hope that part will be as fun to watch as it was to read lel

I really dislike Sugita as Escanor. He was okay as Night Escanor in that post credits scene last week, but hearing him as day Escanor in the preview already gives me Gintoki vibes, which I absolutely hate. Always thought Gintama was beyond retarded (and I'll probably have some users on my case now that I wrote it) and Gintoki's voice was a big factor in that as dumb as it may sound.
    Sucks that they flubbed that one up, because I really like Sugita in a couple of his other roles, it's just that Gintoki and now Escanor sound hella generic.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 7, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 7, 2018 ---
    Here's the preview btw

Gallon likes this.
  11. Goldniti2

Goldniti2 Registered User

United Kingdom
    Holy crap that preview has got me hyped... will we actually be seeing day time Escanor in the upcoming episode though? I feel like it wont happen this episode which is going to slightly annoy me...

12. baditz

baditz Registered User

Indonesia
    ep 13 are shit, so damn crap, they fuckinh rush the only Ban moment, why the hell they not even make some filler fight, but they cut a lot think, even not make Gallan destroy the village, A-1 are so damn shit.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 14, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 14, 2018 ---
    n that OP, so much spoiler, dammit, the new team for S 2 are suck..

ShadowCT6 likes this.
  13. SpookSnScareS

SpookSnScareS Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Netherlands
    What the heck did they do with Ban vs Merascylla & Galan?
    They totally scrapped the entire fight scene and made ban walk around instead.

I really can't adapt to the way they animated season two.

14. Eisenfaust

Eisenfaust Registered User

England
    Why they do that??
    In other scene they drag everything but in the fight scene they messed up...
    In this case is high possible they even messed up the scene with Escanor, NnT is a fight manga with good story, but they only bring the story and cut the best scenen who are with fights. Im rly disappointed how they bring the anime this time...

15. Goldniti2

Goldniti2 Registered User

United Kingdom
    Maybe its just me but I still think the fight between Galand and Ban was good in this episode, I mean it really didn't blow me away in the manga either, I fully expect Escanor and Galand's fight to be good, no way they are messing that up.

16. sobreno

sobreno Registered User

Djibouti
    Yeah, in the manga, Galand put a far better resistance than in the anime.

17. ShadowCT6

ShadowCT6 Registered User

Brazil
    Well, I thought that they were work good in that scene which Galan cuts Ban in a half, but they didn't, however, it was good anyway.

Yes, when I watched the 13th episode I felt that something was missing, and it was exactly the scene which Galan destroys the entire village. But, I think that the producers wanted something coherent, since Galan's power was drained by the Fox Sin, so, theoretically, the Truth Commandment couldn't destroy the village.

And I was guessing that the manga would adapt until the chapter which Meliodas is killed by Estarossa, but after watch the new opening, it seems that it will adapt until the chapter which Gowther recovers his memories and the Seven Deadly Sins get finally together.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 15, 2018 at 4:32 AM, Original Post Date: Apr 15, 2018 at 4:27 AM ---
    Another thing: in the most recent episode, Melascula talks with Galan, saying that the former should be more thankful to her, since he only could take care of an addled old man because of her. I don't remember such talk in the manga. Did it indeed happen in the manga? And who were they talking about?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 15, 2018 at 10:27 PM ---
    Has it ever been stated how many episodes the 2nd season will have?

18. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Hawk-Eye

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    24 episodes.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:58 PM, Original Post Date: Apr 16, 2018 at 10:41 AM ---
    Watched the episode. It was not bad but there are pacing issues, from the dramatic scenes with Ban to the rather comedic situation with Fraudrin... It was weird. The OST could have been used better too. At least I got to hear Ban's Bruce Lee noises again and Merascylla was gorgeous.

I would have preferred to see the Galan scene too but I am not too bothered by that. I think there is a chance they will adapt it next episode.

The OP felt similar to many Naruto openings to me. I preferred the previous one but some scenes are cool, I like the one where the Commandments appear.

ShadowCT6 likes this.
  19. Bojan

Bojan Registered User

Macedonia
    Actually Episode 14 wasn't as bad as i thought it would be when you factor in that it's A1 pictures...and i kinda liked the part when Galan was cut in half it was well animated.

20. kubic

kubic Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

France
    Well, just watched episode 14 raw.
    Somehow, they respected the manga and all scenes were exactly like in the manga but it lacked something. When Galan was cut in half it was indeed a great scene, but the other scenes were so-so (Merlin talking about Escanor's PL, Escanor's giant form, etc...). Some were too fast (in the manga, when I saw Escanor's giant form seen by Galan, I stared at the page for like 2minutes lol...but here, it was too fast and lacked so much impact) and the OST wasn't on point. There are some OST issues this season compared to the last one (Yosay & Eriones which where really good). I waited 14 episodes and it wasn't as epic as I thought it would be.

Also, something's feeling off about Escanor's voice at night...They don't go well together with his personality, a more acute & lively voice would have been better I think.

But oh well, i'm still happy ! I waited for this moment for so long. But well, knowing how the season will unfold now, I'm also kind of sad, though the ending should be epic if it does stop where I think it will. I'm actually more hyped up for what we'll see in the 3rd season x)