Multi Season Nanatsu no Taizai

Baum

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Germany
Why in the fuck is teasing Melidoas' old self an issue when he literally says he's scared shitless of himself a couple minutes before? By that point the Anime only viewers know about him, they know he used to be the demon from Estarossa, they know how ruthless he was. And now they got a glimpse of that guy, so what? Give em something to look forward to in a future season.

The episode was a really good way to wrap this big arc up, anyone who says otherwise needs a reality check.

Estarossa173

Country
United States
Despite the issues I’ve had with the entire season, I enjoyed this episode. They handled Fraudrins death pretty well.

I also like how they straight up confirmed that zeldris, estarossa, and melascula were still alive.

GreedHunt

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Country
Spain
I can't believe I didn't watch the final episode until now, I guess the last manga chapter distracted me too much

Overall this season was worse than the first one, despite having great animated moments like the entire Meliodas vs Commandements fight. The first one changed a lot of things from the manga, sure, but at least it didn't feel rushed. You could watch it with people who didn't read the manga and they would not notice it was going too fast. Was it better than its manga counterpart? Of course not. Did it at least work as an anime? Yeah. This second season is the other way around, they tried to be more close to the manga material while also adapting 100 chapters like last time, and the final product is a mess. It has discourage some people I know who had only watched the anime to keep going with it. This last episode was great tho so I will try to show it to them.

They had a golden chance to end the season at Meliodas' death but they totally wasted it. But I have to say they still managed to make some momments decent, like this final episode with Fraudin, Meliodas' death, and some of Escanor's ones (his fight with Estarossa was terrible tho). But they also ruined a lot others so... And they have yet to adapt Vampires of Edinburgh. I know it isn't part of the actual manga, but I thought it was a cool way for Escanor and even Zaratras to debut plus it actually ties in the actual story the momment the Commandements arrive at the destroyed castle.

I have a couple questions however. First of all, why does all the sub versions do unnecesary spoilers? In both english and spanish, during Escanor's transformation at night, the subs spoil that his magic is the one of Archangel Mael. However the actual japanese line didn't change at all! Gloxinia still said Escanor's magic was at Estarossa's level (that foreshadowing tho). Second, what is wrong with the anime staff changing colours? They totally changed both Galand's and Dreyfus' armor color for some reason, and gave Estarossa an ugly blue color with silver armor instead of his brown/orange one with golden armor. Some characters have really bad colors in the manga like Chandler , but I don't get why they changed the ones I mentioned specially Galand.

I can't say I'm truly hyped for the third season, specially if they will try to stuff 100 chapters on 24 episodes again without changing things. Way too many things happen with Melascula, the holy war flashbacks and the last things revealed in the manga. But at the same time I certainly need more of the awesome OST (and openings, I love Howling my Soul) and certain moments will be good animated for sure, so... It could be worse, and some people should take that into account.

To sum up: please change more things on the next season. I would rather have that and not something that feels too rushed.

Last edited:

ShadowCT6

Country
Brazil
Oh, I loved the last episode! :zomg
I've found it pretty well drawn. The best part is that it filled the holes that the manga took a lot of time to fill, like the situation about Elaine, as well as how are King and Diane. Also, it was excellent that they put the side stories on this episode too.

The 2nd season was great. Better than the first actually. The only problem, however, is that some episodes were pretty bad drawn. I just think that they should have adapted until the Memories Of The Holy War Arc and Gowther's gaiden in order to make the plot even more crystal clear and well solved.

Until the 3rd season!

Piety

Country
Gotei 13
So I found Pump from the 6 Black Knights is in the intro of the anime. Not sure if anyone else spotted it.

GreedHunt

Country
Spain
So I found Pump from the 6 Black Knights is in the intro of the anime. Not sure if anyone else spotted it.
Is Pump the Galand like guy?

I didn't spot it but it would not be the first time the anime used the opening to foreshadow things (see Calmadios and Doldre, and it's even possible they foreshadowed the latest manga reveal). Do we know yet where the film is supposed to fit into the timeline? It looks confusing to say the least.

AlphaIkaros

MH Senpai
Country
Philippines
i just started watching the anime a few days ago... Realizing that it's A-1 Pictures, I think I should have watched the anime first before reading the manga lol.. So far, the anime adaptation is kinda..."meh" for me. The colors are as crisp as an unopened Pringles chips, but the animation is as rigid as ever, also many details are left out if you compare notable scenes from the manga to the anime...(signature a-1 pictures).

The opening sequence is a little bit too annoying to watch, so I constantly skip them. I find Hawk's voice terrible... TBH I preferred Happy's VA to voice Hawk's. And why did they changed the part where Ban meet's Dr. Dana's daughter?

Last edited:

danh

Country
Japan
So the third season will probably come out in 20........................20 :xp:xp:xp:xp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)