- Joined
- Oct 29, 2008
- Messages
- 127
- Reaction score
- 48
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I feel like the troubled life the jinchuriki are forced to live have a lot of parallel themes as those of any minority in real life.
I mean, the jinchuriki and biju are ostracized by others as a menace and danger to society for something they had no choice in. They are forced to become jinchuriki and they are hated for the biju inside them, which is only a small part of their identity.
Some jinchuriki fail to carry the burden and eventually die or suicide.
Later on, the akatsuki hunts and kills all the jinchuriki for its own ideals.
Throughout the manga, naruto works hard to overturn that negative connotation that is associated with carrying a biju inside him and creates a new identity that transcends the public's idea of a typical jinchuriki by turning himself from a monster into a hero.
At first, naruto is told to suppress the kyubi inside him (by Yamato) due to the danger it poses to others, but naruto is able to truly find himself as the true sage of the six paths by embracing the kyubi inside him and becoming one with it.
I personally feel that I can relate to a lot of what naruto the manga is doing and love it for such mature themes.
On that note, I feel like there is potential for naruto and sasuke as well. The manga established early on that naruto was obsessed with Sakura, but I really couldn't find any reason as to why naruto would be interested in her at all. There have been tons of flashbacks and character backstory that the manga covered so far, but there has been no story that showed any significance in naruto's regard towards Sakura. Even if you were to look back on the fight between naruto and gaara (the battle to save Sakura), I dont think there was any different motive or feature behind his endeavours when compared to other situations where he fought to save his friends; I couldn't sense a difference in him fighting to save sakura and fighting to protect his friends.
With sasuke, the manga stressed a lot on the background of his relationship with naruto and I find it more meaningful (well it seemed a lot like "I love you but why won't you love me" type of relationship, but still). Throughout the story, naruto struggles to be accepted by sasuke and does everything in his power for sasuke's well being. I'm not outright saying that naruto and sasuke fall in love with each other and stuff, but I think naruto definitely has more love for sasuke than he does for Sakura.
As for naruto vomiting in that imaginary space with the biju at the thought of his kiss with sasuke, any gay person had to act in accordance with the societal values concerning the relationships between different sexes. Could be simply a product of one's attempt to conform with society's general attitude towards the matter.
I mean, the jinchuriki and biju are ostracized by others as a menace and danger to society for something they had no choice in. They are forced to become jinchuriki and they are hated for the biju inside them, which is only a small part of their identity.
Some jinchuriki fail to carry the burden and eventually die or suicide.
Later on, the akatsuki hunts and kills all the jinchuriki for its own ideals.
Throughout the manga, naruto works hard to overturn that negative connotation that is associated with carrying a biju inside him and creates a new identity that transcends the public's idea of a typical jinchuriki by turning himself from a monster into a hero.
At first, naruto is told to suppress the kyubi inside him (by Yamato) due to the danger it poses to others, but naruto is able to truly find himself as the true sage of the six paths by embracing the kyubi inside him and becoming one with it.
I personally feel that I can relate to a lot of what naruto the manga is doing and love it for such mature themes.
On that note, I feel like there is potential for naruto and sasuke as well. The manga established early on that naruto was obsessed with Sakura, but I really couldn't find any reason as to why naruto would be interested in her at all. There have been tons of flashbacks and character backstory that the manga covered so far, but there has been no story that showed any significance in naruto's regard towards Sakura. Even if you were to look back on the fight between naruto and gaara (the battle to save Sakura), I dont think there was any different motive or feature behind his endeavours when compared to other situations where he fought to save his friends; I couldn't sense a difference in him fighting to save sakura and fighting to protect his friends.
With sasuke, the manga stressed a lot on the background of his relationship with naruto and I find it more meaningful (well it seemed a lot like "I love you but why won't you love me" type of relationship, but still). Throughout the story, naruto struggles to be accepted by sasuke and does everything in his power for sasuke's well being. I'm not outright saying that naruto and sasuke fall in love with each other and stuff, but I think naruto definitely has more love for sasuke than he does for Sakura.
As for naruto vomiting in that imaginary space with the biju at the thought of his kiss with sasuke, any gay person had to act in accordance with the societal values concerning the relationships between different sexes. Could be simply a product of one's attempt to conform with society's general attitude towards the matter.
