- Joined
- Oct 13, 2011
- Messages
- 998
- Reaction score
- 546
- Age
- 36
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
"He's more perfect than how I imagine myself in my Dreams!"
Naruto
"You father and son can be really dumb sometimes. Even that man is appalled."
Tobirama
"If only I had realized he was Obito, the Shinobi world wouldn't have become the way it is now."
Minato
"Don't badmouth Hokage just because you couldn't become one...and more importantly...don't badmouth my Dad who became Hokage!!"
Naruto
In my previous review of Naruto Chapter 641 I created a small poll in regards to Obito making the Sage of Six paths look bad; most of you voted No, but I got my point across because there are 7 of you that voted yes. For me, Obito in this next chapter continues to make the Sage look bad, just by the way he's acting; we may not have witnessed the real Rikudou Sennin, but I 100% believe Obito doesn't deserve those powers.
But let's move on...
Naruto 642: Breach
The images in this review are credited to mangapanda this week.
The chapter starts off with a recap of the damage Naruto and Sasuke's combined attack did to Obito. And it seems it was rendered useless because Obito comes out unharmed, and all his little Black Particle balls come back to him, almost like a magnet. And then he kind of fans the fires away with his Jinchuuriki cloak it would seem...
Even in the midst of failure Tobirama is analyzing every little thing. He's starting to become my favorite Hokage. The first thing to note is that Minato's Edo Tensei arm isn't regenerating. And Tobirama then goes on to warn Minato that if he gets hit by Obito like that again he'll die once more and never return, his Edo Tensei will be finished...that makes me wonder what happened to Sarutobi...he took a direct hit to the face with that black particle stuff earlier...
Could you imagine a headless Sarutobi Edo Tensei walking around?
- I couldn't.
Anyway, the reason why his arm can't regenerate is because Obito is using a technique that renders all Ninjutsu useless. It's called "Onmyoudon" according to the Mangapanda translations. And this mythical tecnique, or Obito's 'Black Particle technique' seems to be the root of it, whatever it touches turns to dust according to the Third Hokage:
Next, Naruto tries to show off to Sasuke by trying to go Bijuu mode, but ultimately fails because Kurama is still gathering his Chakra. And we get a brief Vegeta moment when Vegeta tried to show off against Frieza but then you get like a short comic relief scene where Frieza's just laughing at him. And Obito starts to do that to Naruto and Minato, and at all the Hokages in general.
But just before that, Gamakichi fires 'Mizuame Teppou', yes it's water style, but I think it's a water style technique where, wherever it touches the enemy it makes it stick to them almost like glue, so if it hit right it could of trapped Obito in a sticky ball, especially since it's a Senjutsu technique. After that Gamakichi's summoning time runs out and he poofs away.
Naruto catches on quick and then he starts to gather Natural Energy as Obito starts badmouthing the Hokages, his father and everyone around him. Tobirama then realizes that Naruto isn't that dumb.
Best Panel:
So then Naruto starts to get all badass....and then we get an intro to Naruto vs Pain part two. SAGE MODE IS BACK BABY!!!
But yeah, Sage Mode will play an important role in Naruto defeating Obito. At this point...if Obito doesn't remove the 2nd Hokage's Hiraishin tag from his back this fight will be over next chapter...seriously. I'm hoping to see a return of these eyes...:
And then Kishimoto leaves us with a much needed Cliffhanger. He finally starts to put into play the other half of Kurama that was sealed inside Minato at the birth of Naruto....WAYYYYY BACK WHEN Kushina was still alive..
The art in this chapter was fantastic! And the classic Naruto comedy, mixed in with Naruto being badass being just himself, reminded me of the good old days watching part 1. Now I have to admit...at first I didn't think Naruto was in sage mode when I saw that Rasengan, I thought he just finally learned how to do a 1 handed Rasengan without a clone so it caught me off guard a bit when I saw him in Sage mode that quick.
- But anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter, especially on my very first read of it..
5 out of 5
Predictions
Next chapter I hope to see a return of those Kurama influenced Sage eyes back from Naruto vs Pain...and I also can't wait to see the full image of Kurama's other half. I ABSOLUTELY JUST LOVE THIS CLIFF HANGER, best Naruto chapter I've ever read in months.
- My guess is Kishi may do just a few brief panels of Madara and Hashirama fighting or we may stick with the Kurama thing for now. But I think next chapter Kishi'll give us some flash backs explaining the whole separation thing a little more...who knows maybe we'll get to see Minato finally giving the other half back to Naruto next chapter.
At this point I don't really care to see any new fighters show up to the battlefield...I feel like even Orochimaru would end up being seen as fodder against Obito...that'd be something..
If Madara could curb-stomp the five Kages alone...and Obito's suppose to be 10x as strong as Madara right now...Orochimaru's most definitely fodder... :O
Thanks for reading! Enjoy your day, all you Mangahelpers
.Naruto Chapter 642
Last edited: