Fugutaiten

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Natsu
Powers: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic, LFDM.

Ultear
Powers: AoT Magic, Possession Magic, Ice-Make Magic.

Intent: To kill
Distance: 50 meters
Knowledge: Full
Restrictions: DF

milek

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
I dont remember what episode was but at some point Natsu was getting upper hand against Ultear . At first he wasnt at her level but after some time he was getting better and better until Ultear hand in her face from Natsu.

I think that it was arc with Jellal.

Mystic Mistral

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I go for Natsu

Kiki

Castor & Pollux
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
In Galuna Island, Ultear said she wasn't all-out, she just used her power less than 50%. In Tenroujima arc, she said so. She is really potential, actually.
I think:
  • Ice magic won't be effective against fire magic due to effectiveness (ice lost to fire)
  • Possession magic also won't be effective because Natsu isn't unguarded, unlike young Jellal in Tower of Heaven
Ultear is also good at hand-to-hand combat, so Natsu is. This battle will depend on how much magic power, power of concentration, and intelligence they two have.

Brandish μ

Brandelicious
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Is this current Natsu? If so he stomps poor Ultear.

If it's Tartarus Natsu I give him the win. Ultear is powerful but her magic is not a combat effective as dragon slayer magic, and Natsu is a tough hombre I am not sure Ultear has the big offensive spells to drop him.

Kiki

Castor & Pollux
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
The pink-haired boy will win this fight with very high difficulty, imo.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Ultear wins. If Ultear could overpower Zeref, why can't she overpower Natsu as well?

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ultear wins. If Ultear could overpower Zeref, why can't she overpower Natsu as well?
That's not how it works at that time zeref couldnt properly use his magic, because he still valued life. Do you think she'd be able to do that now? Of course not.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
That's not how it works at that time zeref couldnt properly use his magic, because he still valued life. Do you think she'd be able to do that now? Of course not.
Zeref DID use his magic against Ultear at that time. Thanks to Ultear's Arc of Time, she managed to overpower him. When the two of them fought, Zeref wasn't on his soft side. I'm not saying that Ultear is stronger than Zeref, I know she isn't. But at Tenrou Island she did overpower him.

Saint

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
Zeref DID use his magic against Ultear at that time. Thanks to Ultear's Arc of Time, she managed to overpower him. When the two of them fought, Zeref wasn't on his soft side. I'm not saying that Ultear is stronger than Zeref, I know she isn't. But at Tenrou Island she did overpower him.
most of that fight is filler though, and Zeref wasn't in controll of his magic even ultear noted it.

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I guess zeref was lying at the end about him not being able to use his magic like he wants to. When he explained to hades why he wasn't able to deal with ultear.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So, I guess zeref was lying at the end about him not being able to use his magic like he wants to. When he explained to hades why he wasn't able to deal with ultear.
I've never said that Ultear is stronger than Zeref. It's true that Zeref wasn't the same as he is right know. But do you think that Natsu could overpower Zeref at the time they were on Tenrou Island? I don't think so. Ultear's magic is capable of overpowering a lot of strong opponents. I don't think Natsu could do a lot against her.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Well Ultear as we last saw her certainly can't match up to the current Natsu. Against Tartarus Natsu, it'll be much closer. Natsu would need DF to take her out imo. Her magic is very troublesome for elemental types so it would normally be quite a bad matchup for someone like Natsu. DF should give him the sheer raw power to overwhelm her though.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Ultear's magic is more dangerous but she has little control over time. Natsu would overwhelm her face to face

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Current Natsu would oneshot her, like he did Bluenote.