Done Need a bit of help

lucifell

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
7
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm at my wits end and I need help with a line I'm sure will be quite simple and make me feel dumb, but here it is.

Page it's from:

It's the 8th speech bubble on the page, the line being:
言いなりにならないところも染めがいがあるな

Context:
The male is saying he isn't all that interested in joining their little group, the female is on a completely different wavelength and misunderstands/doesnt hear what he is saying, and then says the above line. Also, as well as forcing him into their group, she is forcing him to become her "partner in love" or boyfriend

From what I know 言いなりにならない would be along the lines of doing as told or demanded. But im having the trouble with 染めがいがある

Any help would be much appreciated.
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
言いなりにならない would be along the lines of doing as told or demanded.
Would it make sense if you translate this with NOT?
言いなりにならない: NOT doing/NOT willing to do as told; or resentful
 

Eru13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
1,149
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Well I'm not really sure about this but I think that the "がいがある" part of "染めがいがある" is the same as saying "価値がある"
And the "染め" part might be something among the lines of "making him have a change of heart"
I hope that helps ^^
 

lucifell

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
7
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah I finally got it somewhat sorted out. thanks guys =)
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
OK, so what's the answer, if you don't mind me asking? :)

I think everything is pretty clear except the meaning of 染める in this context. Either it's way too metaphorical for my brain to process, or there's some meaning to it that no dictionary lists.
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
染める is to control and turn someone into what you want him/her to be; tame (someone);

がいがある--> ...しがいがある: As Eru13 also mentioned, it means literally "worthwhile to do ..." Here, it has a connotation of "it is more fun to do ...."
 
Top