Help Wanted need a replacement manga artist

antony87

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I have a completed manga story that has been in the early stages of production for almost a year. The aim is to produce the manga in comic book format and self publish for sale and distribution. My main aim is not for profit, I earn a good enough living and this is more of a hobby, I'm fully aware manga is not a realistic field for someone to make money especially a westerner, although as an artist their are more prospects especially after undertaking paid work which is what I am offering.

My previous artist has finished almost all character designs but has failed to complete the final design and has not been in contact, also the fact after almost a year the characer designs have not been completed, I have been in need for a slightly more commited artist for a while.

anyone who is interested please contact me and I will review any drawings you have and we can discuss your rate of pay. I have not detailed the plot to my story as I think that would be slightly premature in such an early stage of production and is of no real concern to an artist seeking pay and experience, you will receive this regardless of my storys plot and reception, of course should the comic be successful, then I suppose the exposure is beneficial but as I say the priority of the artist should be experience and pay.

looking forward to all positive responses and hope someone can help me advance my project.


Kind Regards
Antony Wagstaff
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
So what would you like to see from the artists? would you like samples of panels or pages? or would any type of artwork satisfy?
Also, manga, want it to be traditionally made or digitally? Colored or black and white ?


Furthermore I would like to know a bit about the manga because if it's not a subject I'm into even if it's paid which for me is most important , I guess one could say experience too but for me experience comes last at this stage, I might end up not being interested.

Could have sent this through a PM but I think that others would like to see the replies to the questions I've asked.
 

antony87

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Sakura-aneki,

Thank you for the interest, in answer to the questions you have asked, all I would like to see is a character design to begin with from that I will be able to tell if I like the artists style and can offer them the work. I would prefer to have it traditionally made as thats how we have been working up to now but if I saw a digital design I liked then I would consider doing it digitally, also I want the comic to be in black and white.

The genre of the manga is action fantasty, even if this is not a genre that usually interests you, I believe you will be pleasantly surprised to find that the plot is both original and well thought out, I dont want to give the details of the plot away but I can promise you it is not another version of bleach/naruto with different characters and an unimaginative storyline, the least I can say about my story is that is original, which I hope you will at least find refreshing.

I hope that answers all the questions, I apologise I didn't cover these details in my original post. If you do think you will be interested please let me know and if you have anymore questions I will private message you with the answers and hopefully I can have the chance to see one of your designs.

Kind Regards
Antony Wagstaff

---------- Post added May 27, 2012 at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was May 21, 2012 at 12:16 AM ----------

still no one interested? anyone looking for paid work please message me
 
Last edited:

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
ok if it's fantasy I like it.
I was asking because I once got a job offer for which I had to make a character design but the person wanted a dark theme and what I did wasn't dark enough so yea I might not have been too good at that.
I don't really have any new character designs but if you want I could show you some.
I also work better digitally [plus I don't have all the necessary tools to work traditionally @_@]
Also sorry for my late reply IDK how I missed it
 

MangaDude

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
16
Reaction score
2
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It would help if you put up some character designs so everyone could get to know the style you are looking for
 

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
437
Reaction score
276
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
It would help if you put up some character designs so everyone could get to know the style you are looking for
It's okay, he managed to find an artist without that.
 
Top