Misc Attempt Need advice.

Showbiz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 23, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Pleasure to meet everyone, this is the first time that I have ever done anything like this before. Looking for advice. First off, these pictures are from:

Kuroko no Basket 06
The Raw was uploaded by: [Ju-Ni]Vicissitude

The Translation I used is from: Xophien

So I take no credit what so ever from the translation or the raw for that matter.

------
Okay, first off, I did the leveling. How ever, I am not sure how to tone down all the noise. Oh, as far as the leveling goes, I hope it is alright.


Now here is what I did:

The Raw Pictures:

Then here is when I leveled it and erased the text and added my own.

Used the font, Anime Ace 2.0


ANY suggestions, critiques, anything of the sort is very much WELCOMED. I enjoy reading manga and would like to help out if I could.

Edit: For some reason the "Spoiler" tag thing is not working for me... On another note the text, "More importantly, I am sorry." Needs to be re-sized and/or repositioned. Another thing I noticed, which I thought was fixed was the word "Honestly." Plus, I am not sure where I should put this thread because it evolves both, the editing/translation, etc. I think. So if a Moderator or Administrator can move it, please do so.


Sincerely,
Showbiz
 
Last edited:

tradedaemon

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
73
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I think people usually denoise and burn it off, but I'm no lq raw cleaner. I'd look at some of the speed cleaning tutorials for these kinds of pages.
 

Showbiz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 23, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Tradedaemon,

Thank you very much, as far as the de-noise and burn, any tutorials as that? Also, how does the text look? XD

Sincerely,
Showbiz
 

tradedaemon

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
73
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
There's a lot in here, usually called cleaning or speedscan
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

For the typeing, this is just a preference, but I usually go with the same size for normal talking bubbles if I can. And maybe do replace the last bubble with english version of
.....?!

You can get the same outlining effect in ps by rightclicking text layer and going to Blending options, and put a stroke and drop shadow on it.
 

Showbiz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 23, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Tradedaemon,

Thanks for the tip, I completely forgot about the stroke and shadow. I tried with just regular text. XD I have no clue why I forgot about it.

Sincerely,
Showbiz
 

Obxist

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,094
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
1. You need to level the black more.
2. When you put the text, if you feel that the text color is not the same with the page color (for example if the text black is not the same with the black of the shirt) please reduce the blackness of the text.
3. Always work on separate layers and adjustment layers.
lastly.. join #cleaners if you need help lol
 
Last edited:

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Also, don't forget to rotate and crop, it makes your overall presentation of your Edited Manga a lot better.
 

Showbiz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 23, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Everyone,

Thank you very much with all the tips!

hatsuharupeace,

I was not sure if I should crop the side with the Japanese lettering. XD

Obxist,

As far as the text color goes, could I use eye drop and choose the color of their shirts?

Sincerely,
Showbiz
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
No need to use eye dropper tool, once your blacks look perfect, with no white spots in them, then the text will look alright.

With the cropping, it's up to you to decide what to do when you're cropping; crop it off, or use the brush tool to erase it later? It comes with experience, so just practise cleaning more pages, and try out some new stuff as well.
 

Obxist

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,094
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
its better if you set it up by yourself :) and find the perfect one
 
Top