- Joined
- Dec 4, 2011
- Messages
- 3
- Reaction score
- 0
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Hey there. I'm currently working on re-translating the sections of Grandia II with dialog for an undub project I'm working on (http://www.isans.net/). Things have finally started to move smoothly after being hung up for quite a while, but I currently need a little help with my translation. For the most part I think I've been able to do a competent job with what I've done, but there are some lines here that I'm having some trouble figuring out.
The general context of these lines is that Roan (one of the main characters) is giving a speech to his people after assuming the position of king from his father. He is talking no longer hiding from his peoples' past as servants of Valmar (the main villain). These sections of text all occur one after the other in one of the games cutscenes.
My translation: Our being ashamed and hiding, only produced misunderstanding. It did not bring about our dreams or a better future.
Notes: I'm pretty sure my translation is more accurate, but I'm not sure that it couldn't be better.
My translation: ???
Notes: This one has me pretty confused because I'm not sure about the intended meaning of "振り回される". Or "向かって生きていきましよう" for that matter. This is the main thing that caused me to make this post.
My translation: So that we never forget our ancestor's mistakes, we'll now fly our country's flag.
Notes: No issues here. I'm just including this line for additional context.
The general context of these lines is that Roan (one of the main characters) is giving a speech to his people after assuming the position of king from his father. He is talking no longer hiding from his peoples' past as servants of Valmar (the main villain). These sections of text all occur one after the other in one of the games cutscenes.
Original translation: We once hid in shame, and that kept us from dreaming of a better future. A future we could work towards, together.我らが 恥じて 隠してきたことは
誤解を産み出しただけで なんの夢も未来も
もたらしはしませんでした
My translation: Our being ashamed and hiding, only produced misunderstanding. It did not bring about our dreams or a better future.
Notes: I'm pretty sure my translation is more accurate, but I'm not sure that it couldn't be better.
Original translation: But our past shall control us no longer as we work with this new sense of pride to achieve our goals.これからは そんな過去に振り回されることなく
新しい誇りを 見つけて出し
それに向かって生きていきましよう
My translation: ???
Notes: This one has me pretty confused because I'm not sure about the intended meaning of "振り回される". Or "向かって生きていきましよう" for that matter. This is the main thing that caused me to make this post.
Original translation: I shall now raise the flag again so that we do not forget the mistakes of our ancestors.我らの先祖が 犯した過ちを 忘れなためにも
今 再び 国旗を掲げます
My translation: So that we never forget our ancestor's mistakes, we'll now fly our country's flag.
Notes: No issues here. I'm just including this line for additional context.


