Done Need help with a few sentences.

nefertieh

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 17, 2014
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Hi, I'm working on the translations for Trinity Blood and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a few sentences just to make sure everything is correct. >.<

The translated lines below are translated from the Chinese Edited Mangas.

なにしろ調べ物が調べ物だけに資料が実に膨大で払え
There was really quite a bit of material and articles to be investigated.

いま飛び出したところで助け出すのはます不可能だね
It’s not possible for you to jump out now and go there to save him.

僕を人質にとって
どうこうするつもりならやめておき
Please don’t think about taking me hostage for your rescue mission.

一時の感傷 というやつかな? 私事で 恐縮なんだが.

Can I just say I was caught in a sentimental moment? I'm sorry, it's personal.

日頃の行いかねえ
Normal methods don't seem to get the point across...

ただ言えることは
all I can say is
ここ数日中にこの国でとんでもないことをやらかそうとしている者いるということだ
Either "in the next few days, someone will start something extremely big in this country" or "A dangerous person has appeared in this country in the last few days."

たこでれからある人物と会って裏付けをとりたい
Either "I will have to meet with a person to confirm this." or "I'm going to see somebody to collect some evidence."

アベルさんがあんなことになったのにあなたまで
About Abel, have you --
 
Last edited:

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Some of these aren't sentences, but out of context sentence fragments, and some seem to be misspelled. It would be better if you post the images themselves and explain the context in each case.
 

nefertieh

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 17, 2014
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Eeep! I'm so embarrassed. >.< I wrote out the fragments so that it would be quick to translate, but I see how that could have made it even harder for anyone to understand the actual meaning.

I don't need word-to-word translations, only confirmation that I have the general idea correct. :)

1. Context: The pirest apologizes for keeping his guest waiting, he explains that he had been doing too much time researching and entertaining another priest.


2. Context: I'm not sure which is the correct translation, either a) The priest tells his guest (Vanessa) that she can't just jump out the car and save her brother, or b) that she can't save her brother and escape herself.


3. Context: I'm not sure which is the correct translation, but either a) the priest either tells Vanessa she can't just take him hostage, or b) that she can't force him to rescue her brother right now.


4. Context: Vanessa demands to know why the priest has offered to save her brother later, when they are vampires. The priest explains he was emotional/ upset because his old friend had just died the day before. Google translate says the the emotional/ upset word translates to "sentimental", but it doesn't seem to make sense to me.


5. Context: I'm not sure which is the correct translation, but Vanessa replies either: a) he's not convincing anybody, or b) she isn't convinced.


6. Context (the topic has changed): The priest explains to someone that either a) someone dangerous has appeared in the country and he's going to see someone else about it, or b) someone will start something big in the country, and he has to collect evidence by meeting someone else.

The bottom-left bubble: Either it says be careful after what happened to Abel (then gets cut off), or "About Abel, have you-" and then gets cut off.

 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Okay, this is better. At least all misspellings are now clarified. ;)

1) As you'd expect from the matter under investigation, the amount of material is truly gigantic
2) [Someone] has just jumped out, so rescue is hardly possible {not enough context for me here. i would speculate it's vanessa who's just "jumped out", plus not sure what "jump out" means in the context}
3) Let me inform you // That if you plan to take me along as a hostage, you'd better give up
4-1) I guess it was just a moment of sentimentality?
4-2) I'm sorry, it's personal
4-3) ---Therefore, I have no wish to see anyone die for a while.
5) It's my usual habit... {i guess the meaning is "it's just how i am"}
6-1) In the last few days, there has been someone in this country trying to cause something big
6-2) That's why I now want to meet with a certain person and get some substantiation.
6-3) ...Even though such a thing happened to Abel-san, even you---- {i suppose the incomplete thought is "it could happen even to you", or maybe "if it happens even to you, then i don't know what i'll do"}
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
いま飛び出したところで助け出すのはます不可能だね
It’s not possible for you to jump out now and go there to save him.
You won't be able to save/rescue him even if you rush out now.

僕を人質にとって どうこうするつもりならやめておき
Please don’t think about taking me hostage for your rescue mission.
"You shouldn't" instead of "Please don't"

日頃の行いかねえ
Normal methods don't seem to get the point across...
日頃の行いかねぇ(Perhaps, it's my daily behaviour) ---> 日頃の行いが悪いからかねぇ (Meaning: (You are probably saying that) because my everyday conduct is bad.)

Something like: "I may deserve your blame."
 

nefertieh

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 17, 2014
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Wow, thankyou so much Cmertb and Mikkih!! I really appreciate it. I'll go update my scans now. :D
 
Top