Done Need help with sentences below

stlwright

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
United States
自転車を走らせながら団地を発見・観賞・萌える・のが最近の楽しみです。
While riding my bike, my recent enjoyment is infatuation and admiration of discovering multi-unit apartments.

なじもうとしてないっつーか
Don't try to fit in.
なんだろうね
What?
東京の人間には水が合わんだろう
I probably don't get along with people from Tokyo.
東京? そうなの堂崎って (堂崎 =Douzaki)
Tokyo?
 

Kaibutsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 14, 2013
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
> 自転車を走らせながら団地を発見・観賞・萌える・のが最近の楽しみです。
I think you first one is right, but it's a bit oddly-phrased.
"The discovery and admiration of sprouting housing complexes while I ride my bike is my latest pleasure." I personally am not too sure about this myself ^^" Kinda dumb of me to offer help when I'm not even sure. If I'm not wrong though, 団地 could also be translated to "park" if that makes more sense.

> なんだろうね
なん (何) does mean what, but the addition of だろう would probably translate the sentence to "I guess so" or "I wonder what..." depending on the context.

> 東京? そうなの堂崎って
Tokyo? That's how it is, Douzaki. (I think - I'd probably be able to interpret better w/ some context)

(Btw, I'm not one of the JP experts around this forum so I'm really sorry if anything's wrong/inaccurate since I just wanted to return the favour to the TA community here because they always help me out. Hopefully I'll learn something new even if I got it wrong...)
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
自転車を走らせながら団地を発見・観賞・萌える・のが最近の楽しみです。
While riding my bike, my recent enjoyment is infatuation and admiration of discovering multi-unit apartments.

なじもうとしてないっつーか
Don't try to fit in.
なんだろうね
What?
東京の人間には水が合わんだろう
I probably don't get along with people from Tokyo.
東京? そうなの堂崎って (堂崎 =Douzaki)
Tokyo?
(1)
JP txt has 3 things that the person enjoys: (団地の) 発見;観賞;and 萌え
You may want to brake up your " infatuation and admiration of discovering multi-unit apartments." into 3.

(2)
なじもうとしてないっつーか
She/He (=Douzaki) is not trying (to fit in).

なんだろうね
How shall I put it?

東京の人間には水が合わんだろう
I guess people from Tokyo don't fit in well here.

東京? そうなの堂崎って (堂崎 =Douzaki)
Tokyo? I didn't know Douzaki was from the City.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Notes:

I assumed "なじもうとしてないっつーか" and "なんだろうね are mentioned by the same person in my previous post, but if they are phrases from 2 different speakers, "I wonder what it is." or "I wonder what's wrong with him/her(=Douzaki)." would be better for なんだろうね.
 
Top