Done Need help with translating some sentences

KazeYuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 27, 2009
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
New Zealand
I'm having trouble with the sentence.

オレがオレでなくなる

It's from Fukigen Cinderella. The main character has this curse that changes him into a girl at 12pm. He thinks these words when his female version is getting kissed by his male best friend. (The オレ's have dots next to them)

I thought it would mean "I am disappearing." as in the male him is disappearing but I'm confused with the オレで part. How does this change the sentence?

Also for this sentence
オレという人間がどれだけ最低最悪か 勇人お前にもわからせてやる。

Is this translation okay?
"Isato, I'll make you understand as well, to what extent a human like me is the lowest and worst there is."

or is this one better?
"Isato, I'll make you understand as well how much of a scumbag I am."

The author reuses the word 最低最悪 a lot (eg. in the last chapter it has 最低最悪な結末) so I want to try to keep the translation as close as possible without making the translation sound very weird.

Thank you very much for your help.
 
Last edited:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
オレがオレでなくなる

It's from Fukigen Cinderella. The main character has this curse that changes him into a girl at 12pm. He thinks these words when his female version is getting kissed by his male best friend. (The オレ's have dots next to them)

I thought it would mean "I am disappearing." as in the male him is disappearing but I'm confused with the オレで part. How does this change the sentence? 
オレがオレでなくなる=オレが今の自分でなくなる
Literal translation would be "I will become who I am not." He could change his physical form, or he could turn into a pure evil in the same body, for example.

Also for this sentence
オレという人間がどれだけ最低最悪か 勇人お前にもわからせてやる。

Is this translation okay?
"Isato, I'll make you understand as well, to what extent a human like me is the lowest and worst there is."

or is this one better?
"Isato, I'll make you understand as well how much of a scumbag I am."
オレという人間がどれだけ最低最悪か:
2nd one sounds better.
You could remove という人間が part when you translate to make it easier. It's just adding an emphasis to オレ. You could also change it to オレがどれだけ最低最悪な人間か.

The author reuses the word 最低最悪 a lot (eg. in the last chapter it has 最低最悪な結末) so I want to try to keep the translation as close as possible without making the translation sound very weird.
最低最悪:
最低 and 最悪 are similar, and combining the words gives an emphasis. You could add "absolute" such as "the absolute worst case scenario."
 
Top