Done Need help with two bubbles :/

Kasu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
36
Reaction score
7
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
I have two bubbles here where I know the meaning of every single word but have no idea how to put them together to a sentence that makes a real sense.... it's the first two bubbles on this page...

In case the image doesn't work, here's the text:
あのほどよい大きさのシュッと引きしまった それでいて高い弾力性の感じられる。。。

Context in short: He took a photo of this ass he thinks of as the perfect ass.
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Of good size and perfectly firm, and yet appearing highly elastic (or maybe supple, not sure if it can be used to describe an ass though)...
 

flunko

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
202
Reaction score
4
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Elasticity sounds a little bit creepy.
If you used the word "tight" for the first part then you could use "firm" instead of elastic.
Or, maybe you could use "supple", "yielding", "bouncy"... does that help at all?
 

Kasu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
36
Reaction score
7
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
hey, yes it helps me, because my biggest problem was the "の感じられる".
Thank you very much :)
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
"Tight", the word flunko suggested, is a good word for 引きしまった. The rest, I go with cmertb. I think it is fine to use the word "elastic" since the word is used for pizza and bread dough. I think that it is the same idea. No?
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, both "tight" and "elastic" do bring up unwanted associations. We're only talking about the butt cheeks here, right? XD So some careful wording is in order, I didn't put much thought into that.
 

mote

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2010
Messages
139
Reaction score
114
Gender
Male
Country
United States
"Supple" sounds more erotic (i.e., creepy). "Elastic" sounds more technical. Judging from the context, I think it could go either way.
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Erotic was creepy when the Puritans were in charge. And this is in fact supposed to be erotic. Creepy begins when unwanted associations with anal sex arise from carelessly chosen words.
 

Kasu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
36
Reaction score
7
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Thank you all very much =) this really helped me a lot~
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I was simply assuming that the manga was Yaoi, but anyway, the original Japanese txt itself shows a very neutral description of the object (=axx). The word 弾力性 is rather technical. So I think the correct translation needs wordings with nonsexual connotation.
 

mote

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2010
Messages
139
Reaction score
114
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Erotic was creepy when the Puritans were in charge. And this is in fact supposed to be erotic. Creepy begins when unwanted associations with anal sex arise from carelessly chosen words.
Erotic doesn't have to be creepy, but when it's a dude talking about an upskirt photo, it's pretty creepy ;)

mikkih said:
I was simply assuming that the manga was Yaoi, but anyway, the original Japanese txt itself shows a very neutral description of the object (=axx). The word 弾力性 is rather technical. So I think the correct translation needs wordings with nonsexual connotation.
Cool. That word seemed pretty formal-sounding, but I wasn't sure.
 
Top