Done Needl Translation Check

trunkschan90

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 20, 2011
Messages
49
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Need help in checking a translation I did for a table of contents page for the manga "Mushrambo"
I definitely need help, especially the first and last translation. T_T

Table of Contents Page

Translation
力 を制御する心を持て
Controlling the Power, Mote the Heart

ヤクモ の秘密が明らかに 300年前の約束とは!?
The Secret of Yakumo Revealed, The Promise from 300 Years Ago?!

暴虐昆虫王の巨大迷路を破れ
Destroy the Huge Maze of the Tyrannical Insect King!!

(おまけ) 岩本 先生 アフレコ潜人取材
(Bonus)  Iwamoto-sensei Interview with the Dub Cast
 
Last edited:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
力 を制御する心を持て
Controlling the Power, Mote the Heart
力 を制御する心: the heart that controls the power


ヤクモ の秘密が明らかに 300年前の約束とは!?
The Secret of Yakumo Revealed, The Promise from 300 Years Ago?!
It's fine if you are intentionally omitting "will be" before Revealed and "What would/could be" before The Promise

(おまけ) 岩本 先生 アフレコ潜人取材
(Bonus) Iwamoto-sensei Interview with the Dub Cast
潜入取材 is like ... an undercover report/investigation
 

lucifell

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
7
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For some reason I can't shake the feeling that it's "What is the promise from 300 years ago that will reveal the secret of Yakumo?!" or "Yakumo's secret" (dont know anything about the story)

Just that とは usually means it's a question about what preceeded it.

Either way, not a big deal, since the meaning is the same-ish both ways
 
Last edited:

Aarowaim

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
91
Reaction score
53
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

I need some help in translating the rest of the Table of Contents page
Thanks in advance.
Chapter 2:「力」を制御する「心」を持て!
romaji: 'chikara'-wo seigyo-suru 'kokoro'-wo mote!
Literal: (I/They) have 'power'-control '(spirit/heart)'!
Possible Translation: (They/It/I) have a power-controlling soul! (I kind of like the alliteration of that translation)

Chapter 3: ヤクモの秘密が朝らかに 300年前の約束とは!?
romaji: YAKUMO-no himitsu-ga asa-ra-ka-ni 300-nenmae-no yakusoku-toha!?
Literal: Yakumo's secret (existing/visible) on some mornings, The meaning of a 300 year old promise!?
Possible: What Yakumo hides on some mornings; The meaning of a 300 year-old promise!? (the verb missing at the end of this sentence is likely something along the lines of 'revealed')

Chapter 4: 暴虐昆虫王の巨大迷路を破れ!!
romaji: bougyaku_konchuu_ou-no kyodai-meiro-wo yabure!!
Literal: (Imperative) Defile tyrant insect king's giant maze!!
Possible: "Defile the Tyrachnid's (If it's a spider) Labyrinth!!", "Break into the tyrant insect king's labyrinth!!"
NOTE: The kanji used have, quite literally, the meaning "Tyrant Insect King", and thus, it can be assumed that it is a reference to the tyrant lizard king, or tyrannosaurus rex. Also, because we often use labyrinth to mean 'an inescapable/giant maze' in english, the adjective can be dropped. Have as much fun as you want coming up with a play on words to describe the tyrant insect king. I fooled around with google translate and searching, and a fitting name for this creature is, 'tyranno entomon rex' (or tyrannomon rex if you don't mind making it sound more like tyrannosaurus, though people may not get what difference there is until they see the creature). a final note, you can keep the 'rex' suffix, as it is latin for king. Anyways, that's the fun of translation; you get to make up words when they don't exist.

omake/bonus chapter: 岩本先生 アフレコ先週取材
romaji: IWAMOTO-sensei AFUREKO-senshuu-shuzai
Lit: Mr/Prof Iwamoto after-record/dub/commentary last week's poll/survey
Possibly: Mr. Iwamoto - comments/results for last week's poll

Hopefully, I have helped you. To be honest, this is the first time I've tried translating a table of contents, so I wasn't completely sure of the syntax, but it wasn't too different from the standard japanese that I'm capable of understanding. They have a strange way of using some words derived from english though >.<
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top