Neo's 522 One Piece Review

neomaster121

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,294
Reaction score
815
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well again this week, we were lucky to have the raw out early thus having a chapter released on Friday. So a new week mean's a new chapter which mean's another of my reviews, so here it is… One piece Chapter 522 Review hope you enjoy.

The CP9 Stand their Ground!

​


Well the marines rushed in and are now confronted with the CP9, who knows whether these chumps knew the true power of what they were about to face. The CP9 stand before the marines all in shadow ready to do anything to protect their home. Just as Luffy would do, I’m supporting the CP9 on this one, hope they deliver a nice serving of pain on these marines.

What an Opener

​


I don’t think many can open up a chapter with such fear and comedy combined, man the girls are laughing but I wouldn’t be surprised if some were screaming in fear. That’s one random face.
Well after Boa giving luffy the go ahead for the journey starting the next day, Luffy is quick to celebrate his last day on the island, and what more could a man want than eating meat with women all wanting a piece of him.
I love how the women, who seemingly disliked him, are all quick to get their view of the man who escaped an execution. I guess their hatred of men wasn’t as real as it was first made out, the girls are even paying to see him lol.

Just too much

​


Sanji wouldn’t be so overwhelmed with all these women around him, in fact luffy’s only problem with them is that they are stopping him from eating lol. I don’t know why but all these chapters are making me think of Sanji and what he’d be doing, if sanji was here he’d be turned to stone long ago, but still I guess it’s the thought of what sanji would do which has the most comical value for me anyways in these string of luffy chapters.

Luffy even when trying to escape, still managed to carry with him a large piece of meat, and who else came to his aid in escaping the money paying women, no one but Margaret. Luffy and Margaret have a quick scene, one of the final scenes of which I thought last week would be needed to rounded off this arc, and that was Margaret’s reaction to luffy saving her. It was the only thing that I thought might still give a bit of hope to her joining, but with that quick bottom corner thank you, I will no longer be holding my breath for any crew members joining.

80000000 million beri!

​


Luffy settles down quite nicely after escaping with Margaret to the old empress Nyon, for some tea, discussion of world affairs, and some nice revelations we’ve all been waiting for. Now I’m sure there’s many who when first found out her bounty was 80million thought that can’t be right, but after reading this chapter its quite alright to me, Kuma had a lower bounty than Moria yet he seemed far more dangerous, Boa is a haki user so I guess she’s can’t be that weak, plus that bounty was 10 years ago, I could easily see her with a bounty in the 300 million’s 10 years later if not higher, and seeing her potential that early on she became a shichibukai, if the marines feared her 10 years ago I doubt she will be a let down in true strength and power, but the bounty still sounds a bit disappointing.

Revelations

​


Well if it wasn’t a big enough surprise that Whitebeard and the World Government were about to fight, (something luffy was prepared to do to save robin) he finds out it’s because the WG want to execute his big brother Ace. Luffy also finally gets to hear the name of the man most of us predict will become his last foe, Blackbeard (even though they already met). Oda is now wrapping up loose ends before he can move onto something new, whether this will be continuing the story with luffy, or changing to another crew member (which I’m beginning to doubt).

We also are given the information of how far luffy’s travelled, 3 days and 3 nights flying, by ship is longer than a week’s journey, not enough time to regroup with his crew and set sail for ace.

Hmm why are the Marines faster?

​


It was so long ago that luffy was at Enies Lobby stopping Robin from going through the gates. It was Sanji who’s quick thinking allowed luffy and co a safe exit from all of the marines using their current against them. We also get to see on a map how far SA is from luffy’s current location and from both Marine hq and Impel Down. The marines picked the current well too, for realativly quick travel from head quarters to jail to ennies lobby. Perfect for situations allowing them to guard 3 very important location, even though luffy’s crew plus the buster call, decimated ennies lobby quite quickly.

The crew on hold

​


Well it’s a great scene seeing all the crew together like this, I find the image moving, its been months since they were separated and I was beginning to miss these guys faces. I also find it quite interesting Zoro being centre of the image. I thought at first it was just the crew members as they joined, but I noticed nami being quite far back with sanji more centred. I guess Sanji represents food, Ussop his best mate, Zoro his first mate, and one who shares a similar dream with his own. Someone he trust his own life, and the crews life with especially when he’s planning to go to Ace, which if the crew gets together Zoro would be in charge, if luffy wasn't around.

1 thing that I do not like, is the thought that Oda might be planning an entire proper arc without the crew. I know this is close to impossible (I hope) but I can’t get rid of the feeling. Oda’s setting up some major pieces to play with and I can’t imagine he’s leaving the crew completely out of it. What Luffy is about to do could also be the changing of Luffy from rookie, to Super power, awknowledged by all. It will mean vice admirals and other strong people of this level will go after luffy’s head and luffy alone can't save himself and his whole crew, that what the whole Tb arc seemed to show. It all, that’s what I’ve liked about one piece, that the crew are together because they are all willing to fight, I don’t want to see one piece degrade into something other than what it is now. With Luffy being the only reason why the crew survive in the new world.

So the plan is set, as luffy chooses to save his brother, Nyon who seems to know a lot for an old women on an isolated island about when it would be best to try brake out Ace. I have to admit the prospect of going to Imperial down is a good one, we saw coby and helmpo imagine seeing mr 1 and mr 0 and all the other old enemies of luffy and the gang.

Maragaret seems to have no other role in the scenes but watch as luffy a passionate character worries and frets about his friends and brother, I can’t help but think Oda placed her here just so she could get a feel of what it’s like with luffy for when she joins (even though now it already seems unlikly). Anyways while he thinks how he will save Ace, nyon reveals that theirs a marine battleship close by and everything is well set in motion. Luffy needs to use the marine ship and heres my prediction. Luffy may become Luffirina lol.

All they need to do is get Boa to help out!

Sick… Why, why now!

​


Well talk about bad timing, Luffy again has another mission in his mind and wants to get it underway as soon as possible, but as he and Nyon arrive in front of Boa’s palace they are told she’s sick. As Nyon goes in to examine Boa, she reveals it’s the disease that killed the 2 previous empresses. In fact now we know why Nyon left, it was to avoid the disease that was killing the Empresses.

Even though sick she’s willing to hear out luffy’s request.

Love sickness… I just don’t like it

​


I guess this is Oda’s way of making the idea of Boa heading back to the place she was once held as a slave easier but still this to me is lame. Yea I can see the funny side to it a bit, but still I think it’s just a waste pages and a cheap fix to the questions Oda had set up which needed to be answered, just like why Nyon left. This is just my opinion and I think after last chapter Oda really didn’t need to go with this love sickness part, especially when Boa, seemed willing already to help luffy out.

Luffy requesting for Boa to take him to the holyland rather than the prison suggests that Luffy isn’t going to pull a jail break. I don’t know if this is just an error but for now I’ll assume he’s still heading to ID.

Overal Rating
7 out of 10

The revelation is the best part of this chapter, thinking about it the rest is quite filler, and Oda is still holding out on his with the haki explanation.

Prediction
Well this is the 9th chapter and I did say that I thought 10 chapters would be the end of this mini arc, I still hope this is the case as I don’t want a luffy only proper arc, (don’t think luffy can add all the personality that the crew as a whole brings now a days and I don’t want to get bored of seeing luffy). I think Luffy will be either taken as a prisoner to ID or he'll will dressed up as a lady and secretly board the battleship with Margaret and Boa.

Theory

I believe after heading into Imperial Down luffy will get himself caught, I believe he may find Zoro also caught and close to death. Last time we saw Zoro he was on the ground with a hole in his shoulder and a heart in pain, I think Zoro just like when he first joined the crew has gotten himself caught. I also think he would be locked up in a cell along with Ace. After some nice Zoro, ace development and some Zoro, luffy development the two will bust out as well as help out Ace.

I predict that the rest of the crew will head to the execution ground and cause a ruckus there as well as aiding luffy Zoro and Ace’s escape. I think Wb will still attack not knowing of ace’s rescue and him and his crew will suffer badly. I think after these events the world of pirates will change as we know it, with a vacuum of power left by Wb’s defeat. Why else did the world government give a public announcement... They wanted WB to attack them just like he is.

That’s the end of another week and another review, hoped you enjoy it and looking forward to reading your opinions on the chapter as well as theories/prediction on how they think this will play out. As always comments of improvement are appreciated.
 

Mr.Popo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Messages
492
Reaction score
104
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

neomaster121

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,294
Reaction score
815
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

DutchPhoenix

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
651
Reaction score
86
Gender
Hidden
Country
Netherlands
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Xman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2006
Messages
407
Reaction score
41
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Leisure_cc

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
France
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

neomaster121

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,294
Reaction score
815
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

RobinotX

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
174
Reaction score
229
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Top