- Joined
- Apr 13, 2006
- Messages
- 1,294
- Reaction score
- 815
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Now this week I was expecting to release an early review, but I didn’t think it be a whole day early. Luckily for us we’ve been blessed with early spoilers and early release of naruto, really can't remember the last time we had a chapter released on a thursday. Well it’s been such a cold day in London but I won’t be letting that effect my mood, so he it is, naruto chapter 423 review.
Well as we saw at the end of last weeks chapter, both choji and his father had arrived to reinforce kakashi, having an immediate effect on the kakashi’s battle with the two pains. but they weren’t the only ones there, 4 others ninja’s also arrived making the new battle a healthy 7 against 1. Choji’s father just points out how great a ninja kakashi has been. It’s revealed that he and kakashi have been on missions together before, and by the way he’s talking it suggests these two regularly worked together, all before kakashi lead team 7 I assume.
Another thing that suggest this is how quickly he seems to guess how much chakra kakashi must have remaining. We all remember Kakashi’s fight with Zabuza, and kakashi was out for the count after an extended period with the sharingan and a few water techniques, so it’s natural for him to assume kakashi must have be low on chakra, but kakashi reveals that he used up only about half. I guess he was saving the other half to use his MS jutsu when needed.
I just had to do a quick mention on our 4 unnamed shinobi. After hearing Choji’s call, the 4 new arrivals make their move: a wind user, another of choji’s clansmen, and two other weapon users, theses guys are looking real cool I must say, I like the wind user and his tattoo on the cheek. Ah how they should have waited for kakashi to fully brief them of the situation, because they would have realised all their attacks would be completely useless. But as full powered reinforcement’s you just don’t expect them to be the first to be knocked out like this
It just shows how smart and skilful a low chakra’d capacity ninja kakashi is. But they did serve a purpose. Allowing kakashi to test his theories. So as the 4 new reinforcement attack, and fail, kakashi uses the opportunity to use a smoke bomb and get the remaining 2 reinforcements choji and his dad to give them the much needed information on pain.
Pain too can use the force!
Hehehe well with kakashi’s mini illustration we can see plainly and simply that pain’s power is to place himself in some sort of force and repel or attract. Well this explanation may be different with different translations but basically he can pull or reject anything he wants. With this power, deva pain really might as well attack konoha by himself, but there’s one glitch to his power. When caught off guard pain can’t use this ability. If you remember last weeks chapter deva pain had to dodge choji’s punch while in this chapter he seemingly repels the big punch from the new reinforcements.
I guess to utilize this ability against opponents he needs to have other pains watching the battle, and it also shows a way to beat him by catching him off guard.
Kakashi also found out another glitch to deva pains abilities, using this smoke bomb to test his theory out he also found that pain can’t use his ability repeatedly leaving a gap in time, even though short, where they could land a killer decisive blow. As expected from kakashi he’s already implemented a plan and we just got to wait and see it play out.
Pulling yet another underground uppercut, kakashi with a kunai in hand, forces pain to use repulsion... start the timer. As Kakashi lay in front of deva pain, pain can’t help but tell kakashi how great he is also acknowledging how problematic people like kakashi can be so decides to move and kill Kakashi.
Kakashi’s plan wasn’t to have pain crushed by the father and son combo, he knew that choji and his father weren’t fast enough to reach pain in the interval, so as pain repulses the father and son, kakashi has already laid the chains in the ground for the two to pick up, and as pain just used his ability to stop choji and his father, he couldn’t stop the chains. In comes the finisher... kakashi and his chidori.
Come on, I knew they could survive a stab to the gut, but gigantic fat mans punch, that’s just too much. We can see from demon pain appearance how badly damaged he is, yet he moves fast enough to intercept kakashi’s almost point blank chidori. The way he takes that hit, he’s definitely won’t be standing up again. Kakashi pierces right through him, but now kakashi has to hope that the time it took to go through demon pain and reach deva pain still delivering the killer blow is enough before deva pain can repulse him.
Hahaha well there goes the pa frog would sense the death a frog theory.
There won’t be a frog to send back to you. Naruto gut instincts are right, and I like how maturely he’s thinking, the naruto before sage mode training would never be thinking like that, in fact it be one of his team mates saying that, and he would give the reply pa frog gave him, it’s great to see naruto’s maturity and smarts coming through now.
I can’t help but think kishi has just put this conversation in just to take up a page and a half, maybe its true or maybe it’s just me wanting to see naruto training, rather than just laying back. Either way it was a good way to change the pace of the chapter as were left on tenterhooks as most of us hope kakashi made it in time.
Those reinforcements seriously went down too easily, kakashi had half his chakra left and still managed to stay fighting in front of pain, choji the chuunin and his father managed to do a whole lot more than the other 4 reinforcements did and guess who has to pay the price. When I look at this page I can’t help but feel a sharp shot of pain down my spine. Kakashi, unable to dodge stranded like an animal about to be killed. I myself don’t think kakashi has died, but I do think he just lost his second original eye. I just can’t imagine it’s his sharingan as that would mean the fight's over, whether kakashi died or not. Also the fact that kakashi has yet to use his MS suggests that this fight isn’t over and that kakashi still has the trump card.
If I’m right and kakashi has lost his normal eye, kakashi is pretty much blind, unless he follows itachi’s method with always using his sharingan even when not in battle, unlikely with kakashi's low chakra levels. Also we know kakashi already going blind in that eye anyways, so in a short time kakashi will no longer be able to fight as a ninja. Man, tsunade why couldn’t you make it in time, that’s all I can say, I hate the idea of cool kakashi loosing in such a way and going through such pain.
Rating
Well nice chapter seriously epic last page
Unlike with sasuke getting stabbed, I don’t think this is a genjutsu, the only thing on my mind right now is the severity of his wound.
9 Out of 10
Great chapter
Prediction
As I’ve said I don’t believe kakashi has lost his sharingan eye, I think tsunade will be making an appearance in the next chapter hopefully to the aid of Kakashi. I think the other pain bodies will make there way to deva pain in the chapter as demon pain is out for the count now. Can't help but think all this praise for kakashi is leading just before he fails, but this is kakashi's development kishi told us of in his interview.
It's nice to hear your views and comments on the chapter as well as points of improvement
Reinforcements have arrived
Well as we saw at the end of last weeks chapter, both choji and his father had arrived to reinforce kakashi, having an immediate effect on the kakashi’s battle with the two pains. but they weren’t the only ones there, 4 others ninja’s also arrived making the new battle a healthy 7 against 1. Choji’s father just points out how great a ninja kakashi has been. It’s revealed that he and kakashi have been on missions together before, and by the way he’s talking it suggests these two regularly worked together, all before kakashi lead team 7 I assume.
Another thing that suggest this is how quickly he seems to guess how much chakra kakashi must have remaining. We all remember Kakashi’s fight with Zabuza, and kakashi was out for the count after an extended period with the sharingan and a few water techniques, so it’s natural for him to assume kakashi must have be low on chakra, but kakashi reveals that he used up only about half. I guess he was saving the other half to use his MS jutsu when needed.
The reinforcements make their moves
I just had to do a quick mention on our 4 unnamed shinobi. After hearing Choji’s call, the 4 new arrivals make their move: a wind user, another of choji’s clansmen, and two other weapon users, theses guys are looking real cool I must say, I like the wind user and his tattoo on the cheek. Ah how they should have waited for kakashi to fully brief them of the situation, because they would have realised all their attacks would be completely useless. But as full powered reinforcement’s you just don’t expect them to be the first to be knocked out like this
It just shows how smart and skilful a low chakra’d capacity ninja kakashi is. But they did serve a purpose. Allowing kakashi to test his theories. So as the 4 new reinforcement attack, and fail, kakashi uses the opportunity to use a smoke bomb and get the remaining 2 reinforcements choji and his dad to give them the much needed information on pain.
Pain’s Power
Pain too can use the force!
Hehehe well with kakashi’s mini illustration we can see plainly and simply that pain’s power is to place himself in some sort of force and repel or attract. Well this explanation may be different with different translations but basically he can pull or reject anything he wants. With this power, deva pain really might as well attack konoha by himself, but there’s one glitch to his power. When caught off guard pain can’t use this ability. If you remember last weeks chapter deva pain had to dodge choji’s punch while in this chapter he seemingly repels the big punch from the new reinforcements.
I guess to utilize this ability against opponents he needs to have other pains watching the battle, and it also shows a way to beat him by catching him off guard.
Kakashi also found out another glitch to deva pains abilities, using this smoke bomb to test his theory out he also found that pain can’t use his ability repeatedly leaving a gap in time, even though short, where they could land a killer decisive blow. As expected from kakashi he’s already implemented a plan and we just got to wait and see it play out.
Everyone can see how brilliant kakashi is
Pulling yet another underground uppercut, kakashi with a kunai in hand, forces pain to use repulsion... start the timer. As Kakashi lay in front of deva pain, pain can’t help but tell kakashi how great he is also acknowledging how problematic people like kakashi can be so decides to move and kill Kakashi.
Wrapped Up
Kakashi’s plan wasn’t to have pain crushed by the father and son combo, he knew that choji and his father weren’t fast enough to reach pain in the interval, so as pain repulses the father and son, kakashi has already laid the chains in the ground for the two to pick up, and as pain just used his ability to stop choji and his father, he couldn’t stop the chains. In comes the finisher... kakashi and his chidori.
Pain bodies don’t go down easily
Come on, I knew they could survive a stab to the gut, but gigantic fat mans punch, that’s just too much. We can see from demon pain appearance how badly damaged he is, yet he moves fast enough to intercept kakashi’s almost point blank chidori. The way he takes that hit, he’s definitely won’t be standing up again. Kakashi pierces right through him, but now kakashi has to hope that the time it took to go through demon pain and reach deva pain still delivering the killer blow is enough before deva pain can repulse him.
The irony
Hahaha well there goes the pa frog would sense the death a frog theory.
There won’t be a frog to send back to you. Naruto gut instincts are right, and I like how maturely he’s thinking, the naruto before sage mode training would never be thinking like that, in fact it be one of his team mates saying that, and he would give the reply pa frog gave him, it’s great to see naruto’s maturity and smarts coming through now.
I can’t help but think kishi has just put this conversation in just to take up a page and a half, maybe its true or maybe it’s just me wanting to see naruto training, rather than just laying back. Either way it was a good way to change the pace of the chapter as were left on tenterhooks as most of us hope kakashi made it in time.
Too late... Nothing hurts more than a nail in the head!
Those reinforcements seriously went down too easily, kakashi had half his chakra left and still managed to stay fighting in front of pain, choji the chuunin and his father managed to do a whole lot more than the other 4 reinforcements did and guess who has to pay the price. When I look at this page I can’t help but feel a sharp shot of pain down my spine. Kakashi, unable to dodge stranded like an animal about to be killed. I myself don’t think kakashi has died, but I do think he just lost his second original eye. I just can’t imagine it’s his sharingan as that would mean the fight's over, whether kakashi died or not. Also the fact that kakashi has yet to use his MS suggests that this fight isn’t over and that kakashi still has the trump card.
If I’m right and kakashi has lost his normal eye, kakashi is pretty much blind, unless he follows itachi’s method with always using his sharingan even when not in battle, unlikely with kakashi's low chakra levels. Also we know kakashi already going blind in that eye anyways, so in a short time kakashi will no longer be able to fight as a ninja. Man, tsunade why couldn’t you make it in time, that’s all I can say, I hate the idea of cool kakashi loosing in such a way and going through such pain.
Rating
Well nice chapter seriously epic last page
Unlike with sasuke getting stabbed, I don’t think this is a genjutsu, the only thing on my mind right now is the severity of his wound.
9 Out of 10
Great chapter
Prediction
As I’ve said I don’t believe kakashi has lost his sharingan eye, I think tsunade will be making an appearance in the next chapter hopefully to the aid of Kakashi. I think the other pain bodies will make there way to deva pain in the chapter as demon pain is out for the count now. Can't help but think all this praise for kakashi is leading just before he fails, but this is kakashi's development kishi told us of in his interview.
It's nice to hear your views and comments on the chapter as well as points of improvement