- Joined
- Apr 13, 2006
- Messages
- 1,294
- Reaction score
- 815
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Well another week has past, and after yet another great chapter, we’ve all been waiting and here it is. So with no further introduction I present my Chapter 525 one piece review, hope you guys enjoy what you read.
The marine officer with similar abilities to buggy, but with the ability to turn himself into bunches of balls, has different parts of his body in the hands of different CP9 members, how sad hehe. Well we now know the message Lucci has for spandam. So the CP9 return is happening, and I feel that they are training those children either to be their future replacements, or to have a crew ready to: battle against the straw hats, come back as pirates, or it could just plainly be preparing a crew strong enough to get revenge on spandam for having them become outlaws. These cover stories interest me so much as we’ve seen before Oda isn’t afraid of using cover stories in the main story after a while as we saw with hatchi and camie. However whatever lucci has in plan for the future I’m sure it’ll be very interesting.
So the chapter opens up nicely with Ace and his grandpa having a nice discussion on their history. Ace’s name did seem to be the only thing left a mystery when it came to him and luffy. So it was the name of his mother, and I believe it’s the name of luffy’s mother too. From the spoilers they seems to suggest that luffy and ace had different mothers, but after reading this chapter I don’t see why they have come to that conclusion. In fact, the way Ace disregards the blood of his father I doubt he would be so brotherly to luffy if the only thing that relates the two together was the blood of his father. Also I don’t see what Oda would gain from revealing they are half brothers now, especially in the story he’s portrayed so far. It would just be a bit too much added complication to a smoothly running story. The way Ace talks also gives me the feeling that the mother may have died. Whether this is due to Dragon going rogue I don’t know.
Another thing I realise in the picture above with ace being accepted into whitebeards crew is that Whitebeard is missing a scar on his chest, and all his medical equipment. I’ve always thought these scars were given from the day he fought with gold Rodger and we know that gold Rodger was long dead before ace was even born so is this really a mistake from Oda, or did the scar (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/12-13/) received come from a Mihawk or another strong opponent with a sword.
Well with the mini flashback from Ace, he declares to his grandpa that whitebeards his only father, and now I see where all that determination came from when he told Blackbeard he would help make whitebeard pirate king, kind of touching I must say. I wonder how ace will feel when the pirate king is announced to be luffy. I love this subordinate to captain view we’ve been getting lately: Ace declaring his captain should be pirate king; Zoro sacrificing himself for who he believes should be pirate king, Silvers appearance with gold rodger's history, and now this flashback from ace. All these scenes have really caught my interest in this story from another point of view.
Hahaha I guess it’s true but still a pirate ship travelling so close, being completely ignored is just so funny. Thing is, if that was the straw hat crew’s flag, Momonga wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss them, especially after the ennies lobby incident and definitely after the SA incident. But his decision to leave them be was well picked, getting delayed for the destruction of a crew full of weaklings would have been a waste of time.
Well as the marines head into the triangle which would speed them towards imperial down, Buggy’s crew fret about going to save Buggy. Unlucky for buggy alvida doesn’t share your crew’s loyalty/ignorance. I say ignorance because they decide to listen to alvida especially after information on the marines greatest prison is revealed. Lol the lion is the only one who cares more about his stomach than he does about the captain, and with the last few pages of information oda has set the stage: with buggy in imperial down, luffy heading there, and ace with his grandpa discussing things. Time to see this great prison for ourselves!
We've seen this place in shadow in early chapters, but from those I really didn’t get the impression on the size of the great prison. Oda placing the sea kings surrounding this prison nicely show how huge this place is. Also the huge battle ships we’ve seen close up in the buster call now looking like mini row boats from the undersea view nicely showing how deep underwater this place stretches to, just a magnificent double spread. Now we can see why ace is in his condition, being beaten and tortured terribly.
Straight after the first double spread of the great prison and the prisoners being tortured we are presented with a prison fight, and as quickly as it’s started it’s ended by the guard with a deadly club, the blood coming out of the guy's head, he must be dead. No wonder the prisoners are screaming they’re not on death row, being killed for fighting is extreme, and this beast, taking the bodies away to what seems to be the dinner room. In just a few images Oda’s brilliantly showed of this prison... and why it’s so feared.
Well after 4 and a half day’s travel we hear that they were delayed due to a strong head wind, I don’t think Oda would have said such a thing without it being significant. We know where nami landed and with 3 knots a strong wind was formed, if she’s learnt a small bit of that technique, her travelling using that wind might be the reason for luffy’s delay, or maybe I’m just over thinking lol. I must say with this time jump I find it extremely unlikely that we will get a mini story for the rest of the crew, Oda seems to be speeding through and at this pace and rate i can't see him covering over mini stories. I just hope that during fights we aren’t plagued with constant flashbacks as to how they all got stronger.
If I thought it was huge underwater, well it’s far bigger than I even thought it could be with the underwater scene. I can just imagine Zoro getting lost on this island sized prison. Well Luffy watches this island, without fear, noticing that the number of battleships is even more than with the buster call, the anticipation I have waiting for luffy to enter this great place and to mess up is a bit dampened without his crew there to support him. Though this time luffy isn’t doing the head on approach that he had on ennies lobby. Then the goal was to stop robin from entering the gates to which would have took her to HQ or prison, but now luffy’s at the entrance of the prison and luffy must know with his current strength, and without his crew breaking in was never an option, how he’s planning on breaking ace out without attracting attention to himself well I don’t know, but I'm seeing a smarter, calmer luffy for a change is very intriguing I must say.
Well as Boa enters, buggy has been reported to the prisons guard to have escaped. Seems like they caught him without knowing he was a devil fruit user, heh I guess buggy has his own plan to help Ace escape. I guess he thinks by doing this WB would be in his debt, and in a sense he’s right. It makes me think, did buggy get himself caught on purpose, and if buggy with a bounty of under 20mil got caught a few of the other big named strawhat members could do similar things and find themselves here in Imperial down. I also remember before they left for the grandline Luffy almost got himself executed, is the same gonna happen before they enter the new world?
Luffy’s comment after hearing that they want to do a full body check has me a bit lost for words. Unless luffy is planning on turning himself into some flat patch of tiny skin how he plans on avoiding getting caught seems somewhat impossible. Well I guess Luffy’s been thinking these past few days and thought something like this might happen, whatever he has planed I know it’s going to be completely funny.
Overall Rating
9 out of 10
A Chapter a bit shorter than the usual 18/19 pages which is a shame but I can see that adding anything in just to fill up a page or two would have been cheap especially with the way things have been laid out in this current chapter. This time jump also suggests that the other members won’t be getting mini stories which is also a shame especially with some of the others location being quite eye catching.
Prediction
Well with a few more weeks before the end of the yea I guess we are going to get a bit more build up outside the straw hat crew. I predict some Marine discussions with shichibukai, also maybe finding out if dragon and shanks are going to get themselves involved. I also picture a chapter ending with the crew members all arriving at SA looking quite different to when they first were sent away by Kuma.
Well thats it for another week hope you guys enjoyed the review.
I think the marines should have stayed home
The marine officer with similar abilities to buggy, but with the ability to turn himself into bunches of balls, has different parts of his body in the hands of different CP9 members, how sad hehe. Well we now know the message Lucci has for spandam. So the CP9 return is happening, and I feel that they are training those children either to be their future replacements, or to have a crew ready to: battle against the straw hats, come back as pirates, or it could just plainly be preparing a crew strong enough to get revenge on spandam for having them become outlaws. These cover stories interest me so much as we’ve seen before Oda isn’t afraid of using cover stories in the main story after a while as we saw with hatchi and camie. However whatever lucci has in plan for the future I’m sure it’ll be very interesting.
Ace’s Father
So the chapter opens up nicely with Ace and his grandpa having a nice discussion on their history. Ace’s name did seem to be the only thing left a mystery when it came to him and luffy. So it was the name of his mother, and I believe it’s the name of luffy’s mother too. From the spoilers they seems to suggest that luffy and ace had different mothers, but after reading this chapter I don’t see why they have come to that conclusion. In fact, the way Ace disregards the blood of his father I doubt he would be so brotherly to luffy if the only thing that relates the two together was the blood of his father. Also I don’t see what Oda would gain from revealing they are half brothers now, especially in the story he’s portrayed so far. It would just be a bit too much added complication to a smoothly running story. The way Ace talks also gives me the feeling that the mother may have died. Whether this is due to Dragon going rogue I don’t know.
Another thing I realise in the picture above with ace being accepted into whitebeards crew is that Whitebeard is missing a scar on his chest, and all his medical equipment. I’ve always thought these scars were given from the day he fought with gold Rodger and we know that gold Rodger was long dead before ace was even born so is this really a mistake from Oda, or did the scar (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/12-13/) received come from a Mihawk or another strong opponent with a sword.
Well with the mini flashback from Ace, he declares to his grandpa that whitebeards his only father, and now I see where all that determination came from when he told Blackbeard he would help make whitebeard pirate king, kind of touching I must say. I wonder how ace will feel when the pirate king is announced to be luffy. I love this subordinate to captain view we’ve been getting lately: Ace declaring his captain should be pirate king; Zoro sacrificing himself for who he believes should be pirate king, Silvers appearance with gold rodger's history, and now this flashback from ace. All these scenes have really caught my interest in this story from another point of view.
Not noteworthy lol
Hahaha I guess it’s true but still a pirate ship travelling so close, being completely ignored is just so funny. Thing is, if that was the straw hat crew’s flag, Momonga wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss them, especially after the ennies lobby incident and definitely after the SA incident. But his decision to leave them be was well picked, getting delayed for the destruction of a crew full of weaklings would have been a waste of time.
Not so Loyal
Well as the marines head into the triangle which would speed them towards imperial down, Buggy’s crew fret about going to save Buggy. Unlucky for buggy alvida doesn’t share your crew’s loyalty/ignorance. I say ignorance because they decide to listen to alvida especially after information on the marines greatest prison is revealed. Lol the lion is the only one who cares more about his stomach than he does about the captain, and with the last few pages of information oda has set the stage: with buggy in imperial down, luffy heading there, and ace with his grandpa discussing things. Time to see this great prison for ourselves!
Marines greatest Undersea Prison!
We've seen this place in shadow in early chapters, but from those I really didn’t get the impression on the size of the great prison. Oda placing the sea kings surrounding this prison nicely show how huge this place is. Also the huge battle ships we’ve seen close up in the buster call now looking like mini row boats from the undersea view nicely showing how deep underwater this place stretches to, just a magnificent double spread. Now we can see why ace is in his condition, being beaten and tortured terribly.
Mysterious Monster guard
Straight after the first double spread of the great prison and the prisoners being tortured we are presented with a prison fight, and as quickly as it’s started it’s ended by the guard with a deadly club, the blood coming out of the guy's head, he must be dead. No wonder the prisoners are screaming they’re not on death row, being killed for fighting is extreme, and this beast, taking the bodies away to what seems to be the dinner room. In just a few images Oda’s brilliantly showed of this prison... and why it’s so feared.
Slightly delayed
Well after 4 and a half day’s travel we hear that they were delayed due to a strong head wind, I don’t think Oda would have said such a thing without it being significant. We know where nami landed and with 3 knots a strong wind was formed, if she’s learnt a small bit of that technique, her travelling using that wind might be the reason for luffy’s delay, or maybe I’m just over thinking lol. I must say with this time jump I find it extremely unlikely that we will get a mini story for the rest of the crew, Oda seems to be speeding through and at this pace and rate i can't see him covering over mini stories. I just hope that during fights we aren’t plagued with constant flashbacks as to how they all got stronger.
The great prisons surface view
If I thought it was huge underwater, well it’s far bigger than I even thought it could be with the underwater scene. I can just imagine Zoro getting lost on this island sized prison. Well Luffy watches this island, without fear, noticing that the number of battleships is even more than with the buster call, the anticipation I have waiting for luffy to enter this great place and to mess up is a bit dampened without his crew there to support him. Though this time luffy isn’t doing the head on approach that he had on ennies lobby. Then the goal was to stop robin from entering the gates to which would have took her to HQ or prison, but now luffy’s at the entrance of the prison and luffy must know with his current strength, and without his crew breaking in was never an option, how he’s planning on breaking ace out without attracting attention to himself well I don’t know, but I'm seeing a smarter, calmer luffy for a change is very intriguing I must say.
Walking into the Lion’s Den!
Well as Boa enters, buggy has been reported to the prisons guard to have escaped. Seems like they caught him without knowing he was a devil fruit user, heh I guess buggy has his own plan to help Ace escape. I guess he thinks by doing this WB would be in his debt, and in a sense he’s right. It makes me think, did buggy get himself caught on purpose, and if buggy with a bounty of under 20mil got caught a few of the other big named strawhat members could do similar things and find themselves here in Imperial down. I also remember before they left for the grandline Luffy almost got himself executed, is the same gonna happen before they enter the new world?
Luffy’s comment after hearing that they want to do a full body check has me a bit lost for words. Unless luffy is planning on turning himself into some flat patch of tiny skin how he plans on avoiding getting caught seems somewhat impossible. Well I guess Luffy’s been thinking these past few days and thought something like this might happen, whatever he has planed I know it’s going to be completely funny.
Overall Rating
9 out of 10
A Chapter a bit shorter than the usual 18/19 pages which is a shame but I can see that adding anything in just to fill up a page or two would have been cheap especially with the way things have been laid out in this current chapter. This time jump also suggests that the other members won’t be getting mini stories which is also a shame especially with some of the others location being quite eye catching.
Prediction
Well with a few more weeks before the end of the yea I guess we are going to get a bit more build up outside the straw hat crew. I predict some Marine discussions with shichibukai, also maybe finding out if dragon and shanks are going to get themselves involved. I also picture a chapter ending with the crew members all arriving at SA looking quite different to when they first were sent away by Kuma.
Well thats it for another week hope you guys enjoyed the review.
Last edited: