Discussion - Neverland Demon tiers | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Neverland Demon tiers

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Ok, so it´s clear ever since chapter 1 that the so called "demons" are so far the primary main antagonistic force for this series and that so far humans in the farm system need to obey them and provided them with human goods, but those that come to do the pick-up job arent the top tier demons, but rather low tier grunts that dont get to enjoy the best farm products.

From those we can gather that there clearly is a hierarchy system implemented among the demons and from what we´ve seen so far there are at least 2 demon types showcased so far, with the big wigs, still unknown.

1st lowest tier demon grunts: http://mangafox.me/manga/yakusoku_no_neverland/c001/43.html

They seem to have some lesser eating habits than the high class since one of them mentions eating "stray cats" http://mangafox.me/manga/yakusoku_no_neverland/c001/39.html

2nd low tier or mid tier demons (the ones responsible for getting Krone (Big hands:http://mangafox.me/manga/yakusoku_no_neverland/c023/21.html)): http://mangafox.me/manga/yakusoku_no_neverland/c023/15.html

It´s very likely that we will get to meet stronger tier demons in the future, the rich cast, of the demon hierarchy, but so far these demons revealed are like low to mid class citizens to their society if anything.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
You forgot the seemingly top group of demons below their god or whatever it is.
Thank you I couldnt find that page.:verily

And those guys seem the nobles high class since they are talking about the high quality of the product which implies they get to eat the inferior ones (6 years old inferior tributes at least).

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Their god seems like some king who rules over the Demons.

He/she recieves offerings from the lower Demons human flesh as food.

They must be very powerful too.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I get the feeling that this High Priest figure is very important. He wishes only to please his god, and cares not even for his own kind. It would be really messed up if the god was a cannibalistic human of sorts...

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I get the feeling that this High Priest figure is very important. He wishes only to please his god, and cares not even for his own kind. It would be really messed up if the god was a cannibalistic human of sorts...
How about it that the priest himself is manipulated and tricked by someone more powerful.

But the priest may be so devoted that he fails to watch it.

So the Demons are being controlled by this mysterious figure.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
How about it that the priest himself is manipulated and tricked by someone more powerful.

But the priest may be so devoted that he fails to watch it.

So the Demons are being controlled by this mysterious figure.
Yeah as I said, what if the one standing at the top is actually human? I mean even in real life we've seen humans doing more horrible things to each other than Demons have to these people.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Yeah as I said, what if the one standing at the top is actually human? I mean even in real life we've seen humans doing more horrible things to each other than Demons have to these people.
That's possible to be honest.

But he possess enough charisma and power to control the high priest.

Pr maybe he or she is just pretending to be a Demon God or something like that.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
That's possible to be honest.

But he possess enough charisma and power to control the high priest.

Pr maybe he or she is just pretending to be a Demon God or something like that.
A False God? Damn... I really like that idea NL :super
The sheer Irony of a scenario like that sort of fits this style of manga don't you think?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
A False God? Damn... I really like that idea NL :super
The sheer Irony of a scenario like that sort of fits this style of manga don't you think?
Yup it surey fits.

The man or woman controlling the Demons from top out of some sheer twisted logic of misanthrophy.That may be the real plot here.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yup it surey fits.

The man or woman controlling the Demons from top out of some sheer twisted logic of misanthrophy.That may be the real plot here.
I still don't want the importance of Grandma to be overlooked though. Where exactly does she fit into the scheme of things? Is she a slave, or one of the humans who stand equal to demons? How does a human rise in station in the first place?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I still don't want the importance of Grandma to be overlooked though. Where exactly does she fit into the scheme of things? Is she a slave, or one of the humans who stand equal to demons? How does a human rise in station in the first place?
It is possible that Grandma is a Demon herself.

A very high tier Demon and something equivalent to a priest.

Though we are considering her a human till now.

Haya-san

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I don't know if someone already made this observation or if it's common knowledge, I also haven't checked ch 33 spoilers, but I noticed while re-reading the first chapter and then checking chapter 7 that the demons have six fingers on each hand. Maybe this makes it less likely that they are mutated humans?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I don't know if someone already made this observation or if it's common knowledge, I also haven't checked ch 33 spoilers, but I noticed while re-reading the first chapter and then checking chapter 7 that the demons have six fingers on each hand. Maybe this makes it less likely that they are mutated humans?
Possibly. Well, I don't know what would be 'acceptable' for a mutation. There's other physiological differences that don't stack up to being human (their eyes for example).

BasedAnon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
It was in some sort of bio(?) on the coverpage of chapter 25 too.

Kadir0

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I don't think they are mutated.

Though i am curious how they came here and what is their origin and backstory.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Some random thoughts : Just came across this, as I remember in chapter 1 the name Gupna popped up, im wondering if it's linked to Gothic language, it may be totally irrelevant ofc :

So seems the word Gup means God in Gothic language.
also checked the Gothic alphabet as i was wondering abouth the word below, i was either sure it's a pictogram or some ancient alphabet or runes

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/gothic.htm

But while checking runes and ancient alphabets like Gothic, Phoenician and so on, i came across the Enochian alphabet, (an occult language used in black magic) and bingo !

the second part of the word definitely looks like this (rotated)
->
= A
between the 2nd part and the 3rd part there's something that looks like this (rotated or mirrored)
->
=A
the last part seems like this
->
= D

1st part could be I (gon) check below.
Also enochian language has seemingly some diacritic marks.

so
is ? +

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Alright, after the past few chapters (And probably ever since the escape from the orphanage), we've come across so many new demon species that I feel that it would be a waste not to post on here about the new findings :)
I think the classification of demons so far in the series is something like this:
1.Unintelligent demons
These are characterized by their obvious beast like appearances, with no single trace of a human appearance on them. They also lack the ability to communicate in proper human speech, depending on animalistic calls to alert their fellow kin. For example:
One obvious characteristic about these demons in regards to all the other races so far is the fact that they are clearly the largest in size out of all the demon species so far.

2.Intelligent demons
According to Emma here, these are demons that are different from the other low tier onces since they possess human like behavior such as speech and culture. They are also considerably smaller than the unintelligent ones, possessing human shapes and sizes. Some of them even dress like humans and possess human weapons such as swords. I feel as if classifying them all under one group is too limiting, so I'll go ahead and divvy them up into the different species we've seen so far:):
a)Plantation Demons-
The first demons we were introduced to in the story, they're the demons that are in charge of the several plantations in the series that are tasked with raising children for slaughter. They have appearances similar to the Dementors in Harry Potter:

But unlike the unintelligent demons, they seem to work for a higher power as shown here.
They value the kids in the plantations very highly, to the extent of not wanting 'low life' demons not even touching their produce.
b) Free lance demons-
These are intelligent demons that don't affiliate themselves with any faction, choosing to live their lives freely in the wild. They are the first group of demons that Emma and her friends met after escaping the orphanage. Unlike the other demons that seem to prefer human meat, these ones have been shown to survive even without the delicacy, and can live off food that other humans eat.
They can also hunt like humans and employ the use of medicine in their practices.
c) The Poachers
Our latest group of antagonists :hip Like the other intelligent demons, they also have human like appearances. But with these guys there comes a slight difference in their mannerisms. They live like kings:hee Evident in mannerisms such as Lewis possessing a monkey on his shoulder, and being referred by the title of Archduke. Unlike the plantation demons, these demons are under the direct service of Lord Bayon:
They are solely dependent on human meat as their livelihood, but they possess a huge superiority complex over their prey to the point where they are confident with leaving around their tracks and not bothering to cover them up.
Now, time for a few questions:
1) Do you think theres a direct correlation with the consumption of human meat and the intelligence level of a demon?
2) Is evolution a concept that would exist among the demons?

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Emperor Spriggan said:
1) Do you think theres a direct correlation with the consumption of human meat and the intelligence level of a demon?
2) Is evolution a concept that would exist among the demons?
1St thxs a lot for this recap about demons article. great work :zomg

Answer 1 : Yes it could definitely be something like that, if you're familiar with HxH you likely would remember the phagogenesis thing, that was a certain feat of Chimera Ants.
"User can reproduce by devouring organisms and impart the characteristics of ingested creatures onto the user's offspring."

Answer 2 : Yes Musica mentionned already something about how their apparence has changed through centuries. (chap 50)