New Buys | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

New Buys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom65437

Thought this would be a good idea for a thread. Let everyone know what are the newest games you've purchased!

For me, I've picked up Star Ocean 2 and the original Grandia the past few days for the PSone. Both games are rather tough to find, and I only paid $30 each, so not too bad!

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
first! :turtle

i recently bought Command and Conquer 3, and Supreme Commander.....and now i dunno what game to play :scry they're bothe so daaaayyyuuummmm good! :jbya

Do Kesubei

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
For me, I've picked up Star Ocean 2 and the original Grandia the past few days for the PSone. Both games are rather tough to find, and I only paid $30 each, so not too bad!
Nice find! I've always wondered how the PS Grandia differed from the original...

As for Star Ocean 2, I've never played any games in the series, but I heard that part had 80 endings or something? Crazy amount.

I bought Tekken 5 for the Ps2, because I need to play Tekken every once in a while. If I had T5: Dark Resurrection I would play it every day, but I don't own a PS3 or a PSP, so this is the next best thing,

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
My latest buys were X-Men Legends 2, Ultimate Alliance and Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. Having a lot of fun with them all. Especially XML2.

I think the only disappointment so far is MK:A - it's the first MK game in a while that I think took a step back and wasn't as entertaining as its predecessors. But still good anyway.

Good thread Josh.

Venom65437

I got Crystalis for the GBC off Amazon today. It's a great game, and I'll be posting here again shortly with a few more buys. Heh.

Do... a lot of people say Grandia 1 was the best and that it goes a little more downhill with each installment. I haven't played the first one yet (though I have it now,) but I've played 2, and 3. (I also own Xtreme but it's on the list...) Anyway, the difference in quality from 2 to 3 is pretty dramatic, IMO. Last I heard 3 didn't even sell that well and we might not get a Grandia 4, which would suck, but if Squarenix isn't going to do better by the series then perhaps it's best if it dies right there.

I got Dragon Warrior 1 and 2 for GBC today off eBay. I have to say, I wish I had had a GBC when it first came out. There is a lot of good stuff on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Athena

Reaction score
Country
Canada
For PSP
Shin budokai: another road

For PS3
F.E.A.R

for PC
C&C Tiberium Wars
Supreme Commander
Myst revelation

and to be honest non of them help, i don't know why but i'm bored to death :(

rabb

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i just got twilight princess for gamecube XD thank god they didnt just release it on the wii.

Venom65437

It's a great game rabb, too bad it's WAY too easy though.

My newest buy is Megaman ZX for the DS. Haven't played it much though since it's pretty much after Mega Man Zero 4 and I haven't finished that yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
'bought WoW a few weeks ago...pretty addictive...

ILUVATAR

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
you tell me about it >_>

anyway, i am about to buy a new PS2 (since my old one has gone mad or something) that's of cource if my mother is going to buy me a PS3 first..... something's wrong with this woman O_o SHE wants to buy for ME a PS3..... i am a little bit confused here.... shouldn't i be the one wanting to buy it?....... xD whatever

Do Kesubei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Picked up Etrian Odyssey last week; it's as hardcore as people say it is. If you don't have some sort of a role you want each memebr of your party to play, you'll difficult to progress past the 2nd Stratum. Awesomew game, but it takes some strategy.

Seiken

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Norway
I bought Mario Strikers Charged Football (What a long name) on Monday, and I have to say that I am pleased with it so far. Haven't played to much online yet, but it was very fun to play with some of my pals! ;)

cirvac

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
As for me, I haven´t bought something in a while. Ever since I finished Suikoden V I´ve been in a no-mood for gaming, and that left me with a lot of games to finish (15 PS2 games to end.... -_-UUU)
I´m also waiting for 3 games to go platinum: FF12, okami and Kingdom hearts 2.

Decir

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
For PSP:

Vakyrie Profile: Lenneth

For PC:

2 worlds

and

In Memoriam 2 (finally found it somewhere) (It's pretty hard to find it in my area. In the end I buyed it from a good friend of mine)

Do Kesubei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pokemon Diamond, a few days ago. Very nice, but the encounter rate is so much higher than Emerald, making it unnecessarily harder to progress. Annoying. :mad

Status
Not open for further replies.