new character

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Here some stuff you can improve on:
-Try to draw your characters from different angles. Or just from the side for now. It's more difficult, but it makes your drawings look more plastic. (I have problems with that myself)
-If you want to practise, draw quick sketches. There's no need to finish a drawing with lineart and color. Just draw many characters in a short amount of time. Like, take 10 minutes and draw 5 or more (depending on how fast you draw, but don't give yourself too much time) people with a pencil. That'll help you grow faster.

Anyhow, good job! Keep it coming. :)
 

hunterzero785

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2013
Messages
73
Reaction score
10
Gender
Female
Country
American Samoa
Ok! I will do that! :D I'm not sure if I can draw that fast though, I like to make them look pretty hehe the next one I'll post will be from side view then :) thanks again for your help! ^_^
 

artistRainwater

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 22, 2013
Messages
9
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Design is simple, which is fine. Sometimes, simplicity beats out over complex designs that become too difficult to redraw over and over again. However, as the above comment stated, I must add that to enhance the character, you could also study facial expressions and body language. I got the idea that the redhead was somewhat sad, maybe a little scared. Not sure if her personality's like that, but if it's not, posture her in a way that expresses who she is. Same for the dude with the roses. Is he a romantic? Player? I like his dark eyes though, those were appealing :)
 

gigono

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I agree with the above. Nothing wrong with practice. You can do the face and body proportions nice and the character looks good to.Only real flaw i saw was neck looked a little long when you compare it to the shoulder height.
 
Top