New HXH game

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yes! You get to fight that pink walrus thing!
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm not excited about it. Actually I tend to not like the adventures of any series when it comes to games. They're always lacky. I prefer tournaments and fights, instead.

And I'm still waiting something like Ninja Storm but in the HxHverse.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
What kind of games do you have in mind? Most of the PSP games I own are RPGs (my favourite genre :D!). I'll list some games that I recommend in order of genre:

RPG
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
- Persona 2: Innocent Sin
- Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (not yet released)
- Persona 3 Portable
- Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
- Star Ocean: First Departure
- Star Ocean: Second Evolution
- Ys Seven
- Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

Fighting
- Tekken Dark Ressurection
- Tekken 6
- Dissidia: Final Fantasy
- Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny

Action
- Patapon
- Locoroco
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
- Corpse Party

I don't actually own all of these games (I'd be poor if I did...), but I have played several of them. Also, be sure to check the Playstation Store for some cool PSOne Classics (such as FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, Vagrant Story, Crash Bandicoot, etc...).
 

majinjeb

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
91
Reaction score
70
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Cool, thanks CrudeCross, I'll start looking into them. I'm more into action/adventure and fighting games. Though when I had a Gameboy Advance I played Golden Sun and I enjoyed that (never played the sequel). So RPGs are kind of hit and miss for me.

I'm also looking for Japanese games that weren't released here. I know there are anime games that haven't come over here (there was one with Banchou in the title that I thought I read was good).
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Yeah the majority of PSP games are Japanese-only. I'd like to recommend some except I really don't know much about them (just the fact that they look so cool and fun). Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts and Ys Seven are action-RPGs so perhaps you'd like them more. Also I forgot to mention Power Stone Collection, which includes the very fun party/fighting games Power Stone and Power Stone 2.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Now I certainly know the game will completely suck.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Now I certainly know the game will completely suck.
Mind giving a short critique as to why?

I mean the graphics aren't so great and I can't say I'm too fond of the character designs

But I do like the idea of a HxH adventure game for the Exam.
Though I doubt this game will do that right.

But what are your thoughts Uriel? I mean I'm not expecting a thesis paper.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Honestly, this was better than I expected. Of course, I wasn't really expecting much to begin with. :derp The adventure part strangely reminds me of Wild Arms somewhat; the 'cutscenes' Radiant Mythology; and the fights look like the typical DBZ games I used to play. Lol, I guess this'll be fun to play casually. Not top notch, but hey, this looks better than what I thought it would be. I didn't really have any hope for this game at all.

I find that animes don't translate well to games anyway.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for a Hunter x Hunter fighter like the Naruto Storm games or the new JoJo's Bizarre Adventure PS3 game :hip

I'd finally be able to play as Netero... :faint
 

majinjeb

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
91
Reaction score
70
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was excited to see the new trailer. I know it won't be exactly like the manga/anime, but I think I'll still have fun playing it. And I got super excited when I saw Netero in it. I'm hoping it covers the entire exam... if it didn't then I'd be really disappointed.

@Netero
Yes a million times, I want a HxH fighter. And I'm definitely picking up the Jojo when it comes out.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It has a system based on basic fighting moves which it also seems to not be controlled, the story is focused in an adventure on the Hunter Exam which is definitely not the center of HxH and the worst...it has no Nen which is the most attractive thing on the series.

A fighting one like Ninja Storm would be epic, but hard to program.
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I honestly thought it'd be much worse, but at least theres some puzzles and platforming which for me would have made or breaked it. and of course we need violence XD

No nen wasn't surprisng it was pretty obvious they were only doing the hunter exam stuff and even if old time fans know of nen, the new anime hasn't shown off our hero's hatsu at all. I expect a nen game when the greed island arc i covered in the new anime but until then, I'll figure out how to import stuff.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It looks fine to me. Sure, it probably isn't a masterpiece, but... it's better than what we have ATM.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I actually want to buy the game just to play against Netero in the ball game.... lol.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'd play a Greed Island based Hunter x Hunter game, or a Hunter x Hunter fighter, but probably not this one. It doesn't look horrendous, though.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think when the Chimera Ant arc starts, or near the end of Greed Island, they will announce a fighting game (if we ever get one). That'd be the perfect time to do it. By the time the game releases, they could include most of our favorite characters and it would focus on Nen combat (sorry Leorio, unless he was somehow a joke character)
 

Kiba

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2011
Messages
305
Reaction score
108
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
well for me this game dont looks so bad
the official website which i dont have the right to post the link haves some cool
updates you can see there some fights or more like boss fights i think
i made some screens for you guys

Gon vs Hisoka


Gon and Killua vs Netero /Ball Game


Kurapika vs Majitani


Killua vs Jones (cant wait for playing this fight :D)


5 bosses more will be in the game for sure from the pic from the website you can see
 
Last edited:
Top