New manga art?

Aymenjp

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Guys, I've been wondering for a while but lately some new chapters of existing manga or new manga have a different art then how manga used to be. It seems as if it's done digitally, I'm not so sure, so I'd like anyone to tell me if they really are using digital art or they just moved to some new traditional technique that allows it to look this clean.

For exemple take a look at the last chapters of Bakuman and the chapters of Assassination Classroom, also Kokoro Connect!
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Guys, I've been wondering for a while but lately some new chapters of existing manga or new manga have a different art then how manga used to be. It seems as if it's done digitally, I'm not so sure, so I'd like anyone to tell me if they really are using digital art or they just moved to some new traditional technique that allows it to look this clean.

For exemple take a look at the last chapters of Bakuman and the chapters of Assassination Classroom, also Kokoro Connect!
It's pretty difficult to say, mainly because Edited Mangas change the drawings, even if only slightly. So many manga look like digitally done because they were digitalised. Colorpages are a good indication of digital art.
 

MangaDude

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
16
Reaction score
2
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Alot has to do with the toning. If you add real physical tones, the page looks traditional. If you use a program like manga studio, the page may look more digital. Sometimes I will use imported tones which are physical tones scanned into the computer. This gives a nice traditional look.
 
Top