Favorites - Next Year's 1st String | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Next Year's 1st String

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I doubt the manga will stretch into the next school year, so we'll probably never get an answer to this, but how do you think the 1st String will look like once Byoudouin and co. graduate and the 3rd year MSers can play for the HS division?

Since the MSers seem to have been invited only for the MS WC, let's assume Ryoma, Kintarou and the current 2nd years have to sit out for one to two years.

Please list 20 players, the top 14 can be who you'd take along to the WC though.

No. 1 Tokugawa
No. 2 Yukimura
No. 3 Atobe
No. 4 Sanada
No. 5 Shiraishi
No. 6 Akutsu
No. 7 Mouri
No. 8 Oishi
No. 9 Marui
No. 10 Kite
No. 11 Fuji
No. 12 Niou
No. 13 Yagyuu
No. 14 Ishida
No. 15 Chitose
No. 16 Tachibana
No. 17 Fuwa
No. 18 Yanagi
No. 19 Inui
No. 20 Mitsuya

Might make some changes later on, deciding on the lower spots was pretty difficult.

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I do recon Tokugawa will become No. 1 in his 3rd year. Mouri would probably stay in the 1st string too, if anything he'd be No. 2. I don't see him getting owned by many MSers.

I'll make a list tomorrow. But with your list, there is no way Kite or Oishi would be higher than Niou. Just saying :P

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'll make a list tomorrow. But with your list, there is no way Kite or Oishi would be higher than Niou. Just saying :P
They're there for doubles. Kite is Marui's ideal partner and I had a hard time coming up with a new partner for Mouri - Oishi might be able to control him though and I think they would complement each other decently.

Can't see Mouri getting a singles spot over Yukimura, Sanada and Atobe.

EDIT: I guess Mouri/Hara could be good if Hara grows enough to break into the G10 (which I'm not too confident about though).

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
With all due respect Kirihara and Momoshiro probably have to be on this list.
I mean, for some reason unbeknownst to the readers so far, Kirihara is good enough to be part of the damn overseas group.
I mean I guess we just have to swallow the "fact" that perhaps Shiraishi/Kirihara is significantly superior to WoK and Data Pair.

But yeah, I think that Momoshiro has had a crazy improvement rate so he'd probably make that list.
Good list but I'd push Oishi back. I'm not too decided on who should pair with Mouri since he seems flexible with anyone.

But Oishi w/out Niou. How good is he really? He's just an okay player.
Without Synchro, Niou/Yagyuu >> Niou/Oishi for example.
Oishi Territory is nice but it couldn't truly defeat Shishido/Ootori or Niou/Yagyuu for that matter.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Like I said in the opening post, I'm not considering the current 2nd year MSers because they'll still be MSers next year and the only reason those were invited at all was apparently for the special WC division. I don't think they'll get invited next year and only get to come back once they've entered HS.

As for Oishi, I'm kinda banking on him improving during the time he's not tied to Kikumaru.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Like I said in the opening post, I'm not considering the current 2nd year MSers because they'll still be MSers next year and the only reason those were invited at all was apparently for the special WC division. I don't think they'll get invited next year and only get to come back once they've entered HS.

As for Oishi, I'm kinda banking on him improving during the time he's not tied to Kikumaru.
I see. So the 2nd Years and Ryoma/Kintaro would probably forced to stay in the MS division next year then. With that kinda scenario in mind,

I still think its wrong for Oishi to have a G10 badge since all the G10 are rather complete players at both Singles and Doubles. Oishi is a bit of a joke at Singles and I'm talking just at 3rdCourt level let alone G10.
Away from Kikumaru, which is what he has been since he entered the damn camp, he has nothing other than OT, which he already had.
Like seriously, had Oishi been paired with Fuji against Mutsu/Mutsu, then they'd have lost. Even though individually at that time Fuji may have been able to edge out Niou.
I think Niou's abilities were the catalyst for victory in that match. Oishi is very overrated as a Doubles player imo.
Marui/Kite would slaughter Marui/Oishi.
In fact, I would like to hear a breakdown on why Oishi/Mouri > Marui/Kite. Unless you're assuming Mouri can single-handedly win the match, since if Tohno struggled against WC then Mouri surely will. And Oishi can't cope with Ohabu with or without Marui hiding its path.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
In fact, I would like to hear a breakdown on why Oishi/Mouri > Marui/Kite. Unless you're assuming Mouri can single-handedly win the match, since if Tohno struggled against WC then Mouri surely will. And Oishi can't cope with Ohabu with or without Marui hiding its path.
Here's your breakdown. This doesn't equate to Mouri/Oishi > Marui/Kite at the moment, but they aren't nearly as hopeless as you're making them out to be and I believe they will improve more than Marui/Kite until next year.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Here's your breakdown. This doesn't equate to Mouri/Oishi > Marui/Kite at the moment, but they aren't nearly as hopeless as you're making them out to be and I believe they will improve more than Marui/Kite until next year.
Appreciated.

Back on topic, this is a great list. The only thing debatable now for me is you having Ishida above Fuwa.
Personally, I feel that there is some kind of threshold where 108th HAdoukyuu can't defeat you if you're skilled enough. I think Fuwa's stats imply he's at that level. Considering 108th Hadoukyuu is said to be less dangerous than SuperMegatonDeluxe, and that got snuffed out back in Part I.

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
My list,
1.Tokugawa
2.Yukimura
3.Atobe
4.Sanada
No. 5 Niou / No. 6 Yagyuu
No. 7 Mitsuya / No. 8 Ynagi
No. 9 Marui / No. 10 Kite
No. 11 Mouri
No. 12 Eiji / No. 13 Osihi
No. 14 Shiraishi
No. 15 Tachibana / No. 16 Chitose
No. 17 Fuji
No. 18 Yuushi/ No. 19 Kenya
No. 20 Akutsu

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
So here's mine:
1. Tokugawa
2. Yukimura
3. Atobe
4. Mori (just because he's still got 2 more years at the camp)
5. Sanada
6. Niou/7. Yagyu
8. Kintaro
9. Mitsuya/10. Yanagi
11. Shiraishi
12. Fuji
13. Gin
14. Marui/ 15. Kite
16. Kirihara
17. Inui
18. Yushi/ 19. Kenya (pretty sure cousins would work well together)
20. Yamato

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The only thing debatable now for me is you having Ishida above Fuwa.
Personally, I feel that there is some kind of threshold where 108th HAdoukyuu can't defeat you if you're skilled enough. I think Fuwa's stats imply he's at that level. Considering 108th Hadoukyuu is said to be less dangerous than SuperMegatonDeluxe, and that got snuffed out back in Part I.
Yeah, just based on skill I'd also say Fuwa > Gin. The only reason why I have Gin at 14 and Fuwa at 17 is that I said the first 14 would be those I'd take along to the WC and I wanted the token power player. That said, I think that if Gin gets a bit more speed he'll become quite dangerous.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
2. Yukimura
3. Atobe
4. Mori (just because he's still got 2 more years at the camp)
5. Sanada
6. Niou/7. Yagyu
On the rather possible assumption that Niou and Yagyuu could Synchro with one another in a pinch like Niou did with Atobe then I am certainly in agreement with this list.
Although, Considering Mouri considers Sanada a rival and Sanada barely acknowledged his existence in the Ochi/Mouri match, I'm kinda sure Sanada has the edge over him there. I'd switch the two.

Yeah, just based on skill I'd also say Fuwa > Gin. The only reason why I have Gin at 14 and Fuwa at 17 is that I said the first 14 would be those I'd take along to the WC and I wanted the token power player. That said, I think that if Gin gets a bit more speed he'll become quite dangerous.
No doubt Gin would be more dangerous but then that would be too much improvement surely. He'd be as complete as his HS counterparts.
Date/Duke are kinda too flawless as Power Players for me. They're literally just so good on paper it's hard to believe they're power players.
I can certainly see Date edging out Mouri for instance.

I get what you mean about a token Power Player though. Isn't Fuwa better than our highly anticipated Fuji though? I mean we'd all love to see Fuji hit a ball in an official match in SPoT but I don't see him defeating Fuwa.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Isn't Fuwa better than our highly anticipated Fuji though? I mean we'd all love to see Fuji hit a ball in an official match in SPoT but I don't see him defeating Fuwa.
At the moment, most likely yes. However this isn't a list for right now, but for in a few months from now. And then Fuji might be better.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
At the moment, most likely yes. However this isn't a list for right now, but for in a few months from now. And then Fuji might be better.
I see, the assumption that Fuji will get an insane move for his 7th Counter. I want to believe this will happen too. I'm getting a little restless to see Fuji do something absurd on the court now.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Tokugawa might not actually be the number 1. I mean he will get stronger now that hes No.4 but the MSs just grow too quickly to still be behind tokugawa. By the end of the WC, the top MSs might rival the top 5 HSs. I mean they wont beat them but they can last at least till maybe a tiebreak or 7-5. Its entirely possi9ble that he will be No.1 though and the probablity he will be is 80%.

My list is :
1. Tokugawa/Yukimura
2.Tokugawa/Yukimura
3.Atobe/Sanada
4.Atobe/Sanada
5.Shiraishi
6.Akutsu
7. Kite
8.Fuji
9. Niou
10.Mouri/Gin
11. Bunta
12. Oishi/Fuwa
13.Chitose
14.Tachibana
15. Yanagi
16.Yagyuu
17. Yuushi
18. Kawamura
19.Mitsuya
20. Inui/Eiji/Kenya

ybr99

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Top 20

Who will be the 20 oversea expedition group when the msers are hsers?
In order and please say if they are doubles, singles or both.
I think

1 yukimura S
2 atobe B
3 sanada S
4 toyama S
5 fuji B
6 niou D
7 akutsu B
8 kite B
9 gin S
10 bunta D
11 shiraishi D
12 akaya D
13 tachibana B
14 chitose B
15 momo D
16 kaidou D
17 oishi D
18 eiji D
19 yanagi D
20 krauser S

The number 1 spot could also go to atobe.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
[mod=Kaoz]Merged with the old thread, these seem similar enough to me.[/mod]

QP_FG

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Love this, almost all of the Msers change drastically. Yukimura, Atobe, Kite, Kirihara, Yanagi and Oshitari changed a lot in three years.

Also, all of the Hsers three years ago looked a lot different (especially Duke, Kimijima, Oni, Tane and Ohmagari).

I'm gonna make a list about the ranking of the Msers in the Genius 10, three years from now on, based on pure assumption:

No.14: Sengoku
No.13: Marui
No.12: Oshitari
No.11: Kite
No.10: Yanagi
No.9: Niou
No.8: Kirihara
No.7: Shiraishi
No.6: Fuji
No.5: Sanada
No.4: Atobe
No.3: Yukimura
No.2: Kintarou
No.1: Ryoma
I Like Your POV.. I know this is not a post to talk about it, but we can see the picture and what tries to make us know..
(we can talk about it because the picture and because we are waiting too much for the translations and is good to talk about something).

I personally think as well that at the end of this N-POT Ryoma and Kintaro will be the best players of Japan (M-Sers).. In fact, after that (when they are the H-Sers in the future) Yukimura will be leading this team as the Capitan (For Me) Atobe has no shown (Yet) his level to be the Captain and he is BELOW of YUKIMURA and SANADA.. and of course now, Akutsu.. Atobe is TOP 5 for me, and that's it. This tournament shows that.

I would put it in this way:

1. Ryoma
2. Kintaro
3. Yukimura
4. Sanada
5. Atobe

Atobe has just the 'Pride' to be the Captain and Yukimura is like to "female", but doesn't care in terms of his level of tennis.

Last edited:

Cony

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Next year Kirihara, Echizen and Kintaro can´t be titulars, other way they will be on 10th, 5th and 6th...
My list:
01. Tokugawa
02. Atobe
03. Fuji
04. Yukimura
05. Shiraishi
06. Sanada
07. Mouri
08. Niou
09. Kite
10. Akutsu
11. Tashibana
12. Chitose
13. Yanagi
14. Marui
15. Oishi
16. Kawamura
17. Yuushi
18. Inui
19. Oshitari
20. Fuwa

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
For me.
1. Tokugawa
2.Yukimura
3. Sanada
4. Fuji/Atobe(debatable)
5. Atobe/Fuji(debatable)
6.Shiraishi(He was nerf but still)
7.Mouri
8.Akutsu (He can climb up)
9. Yanagi(should be above niou)
10. Niou(I will not climb him up until he beats yagyuu)
11.Tachibana
12. Chitose
13. Kite
14.Inui
15.Marui
16.Oshitari
17. Fuwa
18.Kawamura
19. Yushi
20. Oishi (obviously weakest)