Fall NFL Thread

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: The NFL Thread

Yeah but you like all of the bird teams :notsure
Well, to be honest, its easy to like most of the teams when you're just starting to like the sport. But Ravens is by far my favourite. Eagles right behind them.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

How can you like the Eagles? Thankfully Andy Reid's gone now, but he was the most jackass coach in the league. Michael Vick killed dogs, and while his image might've been "repaired," that's fucking bs and all I see when I look at him is someone who participated in dog fighting, a truly despicable human being.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: The NFL Thread

How can you like the Eagles? Thankfully Andy Reid's gone now, but he was the most jackass coach in the league. Michael Vick killed dogs, and while his image might've been "repaired," that's fucking bs and all I see when I look at him is someone who participated in dog fighting, a truly despicable human being.
I can understand how you feel about him as a person, but there's no doubt about his talent. If he had better protection the Eagles would be a much better team. If I stopped supporting a team because of one person's horrbile personal life, then I would probably have to stop supporting most if not all teams. Suarez for example...dives a lot (even though he kind of cooled it down) did some stupid stuff before and I dislike his character quite a bit for those reasons... but the footballer in me likes him quite a lot because he is a world class player.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The NFL Thread

Well, to be honest, its easy to like most of the teams when you're just starting to like the sport. But Ravens is by far my favourite. Eagles right behind them.
How dare you root for an NFC East time not located in (near?) Washington, D.C. The Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants all suck. Mike Vick played for Virginia Tech, therefore he is the only redeemable player in Eagles history.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: The NFL Thread

How dare you root for an NFC East time not located in (near?) Washington, D.C. The Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants all suck. Mike Vick played for Virginia Tech, therefore he is the only redeemable player in Eagles history.
Well I know next to nothing about American football, since I've only recently started to get into it :oh
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Well I know next to nothing about American football, since I've only recently started to get into it :oh
Don't be upset about it, no one likes being a Redskins fan :^_^
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: The NFL Thread

lol Redskins suck :-_-
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

How can you like the Eagles? Thankfully Andy Reid's gone now, but he was the most jackass coach in the league. Michael Vick killed dogs, and while his image might've been "repaired," that's fucking bs and all I see when I look at him is someone who participated in dog fighting, a truly despicable human being.
He was a truly despicable human being, but he's paid for his offenses by serving time in prison thanks to the justice system. It's quite evident he's a changed man now who has acknowledged his past mistakes and has done tremendous things to atone for his sins. How can you really still hold a grudge against the man....? Sometimes you just have to let stuff go. He made a mistake. He's human. Let's move on.

---------- Post added February 02, 2013 at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was January 27, 2013 at 09:27 PM ----------

Super Bowl day is upon us!

So where will y'all be spending the glorious day tomorrow? At a bar? Get together? by yourself? What's happening!....

Also, make your final picks if haven't already done so earlier! No flip flopping tomorrow :)
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII( Feb 3rd)

The 49ers.

May the best Harbaugh brother win.(by which I mean Jim)
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII( Feb 3rd)

I have zero interest in the SB this year, actually. I've picked against the Ravens all three games this postseason and I've been wrong every game, so I don't know. I feel that if I pick the 49ers, the Ravens will win, and I definitely don't want that, but on the other hand, I don't want Colin Kaepernick to win a SB because then we'll never hear the end of how he's the next superstar.

This game's a complete tossup for me. I see it as a FG game, but interestingly, I don't think it'll be low scoring. I'm thinking like 30-27 one way or the other. I'll pick the Ravens, I guess, as this just seems to be their year.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

He was a truly despicable human being, but he's paid for his offenses by serving time in prison thanks to the justice system. It's quite evident he's a changed man now who has acknowledged his past mistakes and has done tremendous things to atone for his sins. How can you really still hold a grudge against the man....? Sometimes you just have to let stuff go. He made a mistake. He's human. Let's move on.
See, I'm not such a huge believer in massive second chances like that. I still have no respect for Michael Vick and he shouldn't be in the NFL, but that's not up to me. Just because you've served time in prison doesn't make you a better man. Vick's done things to improve his public image, and I'm sure that he regrets his involvement in dog fighting, but not because of the dog fighting, but because he got caught. Still, doing things to improve his public image doesn't make up for the fact that he was involved in the dog fighting in the first place.

I'll always despise Michael Vick and that's how I see it.

---------- Post added February 03, 2013 at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was February 02, 2013 at 11:53 PM ----------

Congrats to Bruce Arians for winning Coach of the Year!
 
Last edited:

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Re: The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII( Feb 3rd)

Ow, Baltimore started hot! Let's go Ravens!

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

wow, what TD to end the half!!!!
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII( Feb 3rd)

Chill...everybody chiiiiiillllllllll
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Re: The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII( Feb 3rd)

wow... TD on a punt return
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII( Feb 3rd)

THE NFL IS ANTI-BALTIMORE...SABOTAGE SABOTAGE SABOTAGE!

:e3
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,052
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII( Feb 3rd)

wow... TD on a punt return
That was awesome -

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

THE NFL IS ANTI-BALTIMORE...SABOTAGE SABOTAGE SABOTAGE!

:e3
Blame the 9-ers, even if you guys win at this point... how can you even call this debacle a game....

Correction - when you guys win
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII( Feb 3rd)

Fak u Charlie

[c]Shadaaap - at-least you're not the IGGLS - bish, sniff[/c]
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Re: The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII( Feb 3rd)

THE NFL IS ANTI-BALTIMORE...SABOTAGE SABOTAGE SABOTAGE!

:e3
huahuhau, Stringer Bell and Omar aren't happy with that

---------- Post added February 04, 2013 at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was February 03, 2013 at 11:54 PM ----------

Shit, the Ravens are getting in touble
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII( Feb 3rd)

The Ravens only gave up a FG after the Ray Rice fumble, but then couldn't score a TD of their own.

The 49ers got the TD, but no two point conversion. Closer game than it was, and only because of the power outage.
 
Top