Fall NFL Thread

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The NFL Thread

I've actually talked to some Canadians who are pretty interested in the NFL (usually Green Bay Packers), so I won't be surprised if there's a decent attendance at this game. I'd say if the NFL ever becomes international, Canada will be the first stop, probably.

I don't think the CFL will die from this, but I do admit that I wish the rules weren't that different because it would make for a smoother transition (ie. merging of the leagues). Oh well. Do you cheer for a CFL team by the way, GGpX?

You know I just realized that the Giants played in London this year and went on to win the Super Bowl. I wonder if people in London paid extra attention to the Super Bowl at all for that reason.
 
Last edited:

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The NFL Thread

I do root for a team--That is, until the NFL starts. The gap between the NFL & the CFL is so huge. If you watch an NFL game, then watch a CFL game right after, it's unbelievable how bad the CFL game is.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The NFL Thread

I usually watch the Grey Cup. They don't air CFL games too often here other than that.
 

Fugitive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
278
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
Re: The NFL Thread

So... are the Lions going to go 0-16 or are they actually going to beat someone (and who)?? Maybe the Lions will be the team that puts an end to the Titans undefeated streak.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

I would like to officially congratulate my Detroit Lions on going 0-16, the first team ever to do so. Plus, they did it emphatically. Never during any Lions game did I get the feeling they had a chance of winning, in fact most games were blow outs. Further proof, the pre-season means absolutely nothing (they went 4-0).

To my Detriot Lions: Congratulations on being the best team at sucking in the history of the NFL. Well at least they're in the record books.

On a side note, to the Cowboys: ha ha! Your 9 wins got you the same thing the Lions 0 wins got them, a seat on the couch watching the playoffs. Enjoy! Oh how I loathe the Cowboys!
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The NFL Thread

Yeah, my Boys choked, and they choked hard.

Especially against Baltimore. God.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Yeah, my Boys choked, and they choked hard.

Especially against Baltimore. God.
Wait...you're a Cowboys fan?! Why not a Buffalo fan?

I'm a Ravens fan, and I'd say the loss to the Eagles was more pathetic IMO. All they had to do was win and they're in, and they couldn't even score a TD. Although the Ravens loss was really bad considering the circumstances.
 

Coup

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
288
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Yea that Cowboys vs Eagles game was quite unexpected. Though I was laughing my ass off the whole way through.

I was getting skeptical of being able to witness a team to go 0-16 but sure enough Detroit doesn't disappoint. :)

Playoff prediction
:

Colts vs Chargers
Ravens vs Dolphins
Falcons vs Cardinals
Vikings vs Eagles
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Yea that Cowboys vs Eagles game was quite unexpected. Though I was laughing my ass off the whole way through.

I was getting skeptical of being able to witness a team to go 0-16 but sure enough Detroit doesn't disappoint. :)

Playoff prediction
:

Colts vs Chargers
Ravens vs Dolphins
Falcons vs Cardinals
Vikings vs Eagles
I agree with all of those picks except I think the Falcons will beat Arizona.
 

LB56

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

The Cardinals are in the NFC championship game. Did anyone see this coming? I could kind of understand them beating my Falcons in Phoenix (I'm still mad about it), but nobody can tell me they thought the Cardinals would beat the Panthers at Carolina.
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The NFL Thread

Nope, that was a weird one. Jake Delhomme choked the whole game away.

I had the Ravens, Panthers, Giants & Pittsburgh winning.

I'm 1/2 atm. :/
 

Lsshin

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
158
Reaction score
54
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

HOW COULD THE GIANTS LOSE AGAINST THE EAGLES THATS DEPRESING
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The NFL Thread

I was 2/4 again. Yuck.

Pittsburgh - Philadelphia SB.

Although, I'd love to see Arizona there...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

I was 2/4 again. Yuck.

Pittsburgh - Philadelphia SB.

Although, I'd love to see Arizona there...
You're not giving the Ravens any dap?...lol

Yeah, idk...the Pitt-Baltimore game is going to be epic. Can't say how I feel about the game yet, since I need to see the injury reports.

The Eagles-Cardinals game is a toss-up. All I can say is that I can't see the AFC losing the Super Bowl this year.
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The NFL Thread

Nah, it's not that I don't like the Ravens, just that they really shouldn't have won that game. The refs and Titans gave them the game on a silver plater.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Nah, it's not that I don't like the Ravens, just that they really shouldn't have won that game. The refs and Titans gave them the game on a silver plater.
...

The three turnovers in the red zone by the Titans had nothing to do with the Ravens winning that game?

By your logic, the refs gave the Titans the win in week 5 on a silver platter.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

...

The three turnovers in the red zone by the Titans had nothing to do with the Ravens winning that game?

By your logic, the refs gave the Titans the win in week 5 on a silver platter.
In his defense he did say the refs and the Titans gave them that game [unless I'm missing your point (which is highly possible :p)]. Me being from Nashville, though, I'm going to entirely blame that game on the refs ;). Turnovers? What turnovers :darn?

Seriously, you have no idea how much that call pissed me off. I hate the Ravens (and the Steelers). Go NFC.

I would not want to be going against the Eagles right now. First they stomp Dallas in the final game of the season, then they win fairly easily on the road against the Vikings and the Giants. IMO, they are the hottest team in the playoffs. Though, I guess the same could be argued about Arizona. Should be a fun game to watch though.

SB Prediction:
Eagles vs. Steelers
Winner=Eagles
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

In his defense he did say the refs and the Titans gave them that game [unless I'm missing your point (which is highly possible :p)]. Me being from Nashville, though, I'm going to entirely blame that game on the refs ;). Turnovers? What turnovers :darn?

Seriously, you have no idea how much that call pissed me off. I hate the Ravens (and the Steelers). Go NFC.

I would not want to be going against the Eagles right now. First they stomp Dallas in the final game of the season, then they win fairly easily on the road against the Vikings and the Giants. IMO, they are the hottest team in the playoffs. Though, I guess the same could be argued about Arizona. Should be a fun game to watch though.

SB Prediction:
Eagles vs. Steelers
Winner=Eagles
The call pissed you off, just like the call on Suggs in week 5 pissed us off, but in both games, those calls weren't the reason that each team lost. We lost because we allowed Kerry Collins to drive down the field while playing a weak prevent defense (the penalty did help though), and you guys lost because you had three turnovers in the red zone, and Rob Bironas missed a field goal. Chris Johnson also didn't play at all in the second half. I'm not saying that the call wasn't blown, it was.

Is it the ref's fault as well? That Johnson got hurt, Rob Bironas missed a field goal, and you guys turned the ball over three times in the red zone?

So all those things are the ref's fault. And you guys didn't lose it because of sloppy and undisciplined play? Okay. If you can't admit to yourself that the Titans didn't play well enough when it mattered, then you're still in denial

Chris Johnson also didn't make it out of the endzone in the second quarter, and were given an extra down on the following drive.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/12/titans-avoided-safety-got-an-extra-down/

So Stover's field goal wouldn't have been needed in the end anyways.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Re: The NFL Thread

Arizone Cardinals are in the Super Bowl, thats nuts. Things are really changing here in America. But Im happy for Kurt Warner, he deserves it. What a comeback he made
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Reviving this thread.

So...who's this Brett Favre guy? :imslow
 
Top