Fall NFL Thread

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,224
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Ah, it's better to have him blocking than a star. I'm still angry about what happened with Gronk last season; however, it is true that Gronk always played in those situations, so...
Well, I have no idea of his worth as a pass catcher either. But he wasn't asked to do that. And with Shiancoe and the other young talent we have at the position, we might never have to know.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, I have no idea of his worth as a pass catcher either. But he wasn't asked to do that. And with Shiancoe and the other young talent we have at the position, we might never have to know.
That makes sense.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Visanthe Shiancoe :XD

At least the Ravens TE situation is less of a mess than the Patriots. The Pats lost, what, their top 4 receivers from last year? Welker, Lloyd, and Hernandez are gone, while Gronk has had an ungodly number of arm and back surgeries this off season.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,224
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
He's always been a serviceable player. I think him not doing squat last year had a lot to do with being on a team with Gronk and Hernandez.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Serviceable is a very charitable description. Unreliable would be more accurate. He drops a lot of balls, does not run great routes, and is not a great blocker. There is a reason he was unsigned going into camp this year, and signed to a team with so much TE depth last year. Shiancoe has always had talent and athleticism, but has never played to his potential.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Visanthe Shiancoe :XD

At least the Ravens TE situation is less of a mess than the Patriots. The Pats lost, what, their top 4 receivers from last year? Welker, Lloyd, and Hernandez are gone, while Gronk has had an ungodly number of arm and back surgeries this off season.
Yeah, I'm quite worried about us offensively for next season. I give us a 90-95% chance of winning the AL East, regardless, but our passing game may be a bit suspect. I don't trust that much in Danny Amendola, to be honest.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,224
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Serviceable is a very charitable description. Unreliable would be more accurate. He drops a lot of balls, does not run great routes, and is not a great blocker. There is a reason he was unsigned going into camp this year, and signed to a team with so much TE depth last year. Shiancoe has always had talent and athleticism, but has never played to his potential.
Yet he has had a knack for catching TDs, despite not being a workhorse as far as production goes. His numbers going down coincided with the emergence of Percy Harvin and not really having a QB. I wouldn't bet on him being a starter of course, but I'm not sure what other options we had.

Yeah, I'm quite worried about us offensively for next season. I give us a 90-95% chance of winning the AL East, regardless, but our passing game may be a bit suspect. I don't trust that much in Danny Amendola, to be honest.
You're quite worried, yet you're sure they'll win the East? Sorry, am I missing something? I know the division is pretty weak though.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
You're quite worried, yet you're sure they'll win the East? Sorry, am I missing something? I know the division is pretty weak though.
Oh, sorry for not getting back to you. It was that I didn't see us doing anything in the playoffs and perhaps not getting a bye.

______________________________________

With today's news, our season may be in big doubt.

Tom Brady has apparently injured his knee, although he walked off the field under his own power.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Oh, I am angry. It was Nate Solder. I never liked it when we drafted him and now he's fallen on Brady and injured him.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

You know what this might get us. Tim Tebow. Please, spare us. :cries:
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,224
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The MRI is negative and he's listed as Day-to-Day, so it doesn't sound that bad.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The MRI is negative and he's listed as Day-to-Day, so it doesn't sound that bad.
I'm still lining up at my favorite bridge ready to jump off, however. I know, it sounds a lot less severe than it did at first, given that he'll supposedly be practicing tomorrow.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,224
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Man, our Front 7 is looking so ridiculously deep right now
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The Pats release Tim Tebow, so he's gone fishing again.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
:nomoar

If there is a just, and loving god, Tim Tebow will be deported to a tiny, remote Pacific island, where he can convert the jelly fish to Christianity, wwhile permanently staying out of the public eye. In the meantime let us all agree to never speak his name again. And while we're at it, may we all STFU about Bob Griffin's knee.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Thank god actual games are coming. Nothing is more grating than wall to wall off season coverage. I can handle the obsessive, league imposed (it is) coverage when there are actual games to discuss. Constant NFL news in June is horrifying. Thank god the league is pushing back the draft, now we can get even more off season coverage :nerve
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,224
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I've probably paid less attention to this offseason than I ever have in the last 10 years or so. And that's saying something, considering we're reigning champs. It's just too much, and I can only care so much...

---------- Post added September 06, 2013 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was September 01, 2013 at 03:04 PM ----------

This game was entertaining for the first half, and now I'm bored.

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Never mind, Danny Trevathan is a legend :rofl :lmao
 

jakensama

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
302
Reaction score
140
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bears beat the Bengals! Great start especially considering all the changed players, new coach, new offensive system.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,224
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
First place Ravens, let's get that ring again! :vin
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,848
Reaction score
23,518
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
First place Steelers....I can't even say it.

We'd be lucky to go 6/10. Best player on O-line gone for the season. Defensive signal caller gone. No TE's.

Don't get me wrong. The Steelers are my team. Just like the Pirates are my team. I want to believe they can win. I want to see them excel but they just don't have the personal or the scheme to do it. I expect them to play better than they did today but realistically I don't expect them to play well enough to beat a team that doesn't help them to win; which the Titans tried so hard to do.
 
Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Our receiving core is suspect, but we already knew that.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
wtf was that TO fest yesterday?
I can't remember a game with so much turnovers..
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Dallas vs NYG? NY had 6 turnovers. Which were very happy moments.


Although... Our Defense almost lost us the game also >..>
 
Top